It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America shipping massive amount of arms to Israel: US at war???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So now we have America supplying the arms for the holocaust on gaza. How much more involved can a country be, before we can Technically call them at war????

Fri Jan 9, 2009 6:40pm EST By Stefano Ambrogi LONDON (Reuters) -
The U.S. is seeking to hire a merchant ship to deliver hundreds of tons of arms to Israel from Greece later this month, tender documents seen by Reuters show.

The U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command (MSC) said the ship was to carry 325 standard 20-foot containers of what is listed as "ammunition" on two separate journeys from the Greek port of Astakos to the Israeli port of Ashdod in mid-to-late January.

A "hazardous material" designation on the manifest mentions explosive substances and detonators, but no other details were given.

"Shipping 3,000-odd tons of ammunition in one go is a lot," one broker said, on condition of anonymity.

"This (kind of request) is pretty rare and we haven't seen much of it quoted in the market over the years," he added.

The U.S. Defense Department, contacted by Reuters on Friday in Washington, had no immediate comment.

The MSC transports amour and military supplies for the U.S. armed forces aboard its own fleet, but regularly hires merchant ships if logistics so require.

The request for the ship was made on December 31, with the first leg of the charter to arrive no later than January 25 and the second at the end of the month.

The tender for the vessel follows the hiring of a commercial ship to carry a much larger consignment of ordnance in December from the United States to Israel ahead of air strikes in the Gaza Strip.

Source: Global Research

Pentagon has responded by saying:

"The delivery of ammunition is to a pre-positioned U.S. munitions stockpile in Israel in accordance with a congressionally authorized 1990 agreement between the U.S. and Israel," Ryder said.

and

the shipment was not linked to the conflict in the Gaza Strip.

Source

Does anyone apart from me want to cry out Liar Liar Pants on Fire?????

If America is supplying arms to Israel during a war waged by Israel on Gaza, then does it mean that they are already involved in this conflict? if this goes to the war crimes tribunal, would america be prosecuted for funding and arming the new nazi army?

[edit on 10/1/09 by 04326]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeah tell me about it, but can you really say your surprised? They're fiting Israel for a war, without the US, Israel would get destroyed. But they are the 51st state aren't they?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
US out of Israel! No aid and no weapons for Israel. This is not our country nor our fight.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hasnt the US supported and supplied Israel with weapons and technology since Israel became a sovereign nation? Didnt the US give the Jews this land in the first place and "supported" their land grabbing from the beginning?

Would I be wrong to assume that Israel is the 51st state of USA?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The U.S. didn't own any land in the middle east in 1948 when Israel became a country.
The U.N. established the country of Israel.

Originally posted by Waldy

Didnt the US give the Jews this land in the first place and "supported" their land grabbing from the beginning?

In May 1948, Israel became an independent state after Israel was recognised by the United Nations as a country in its own right within the Middle East. If relations in pre-war Palestine had been fraught with difficulties, these difficulties paled into insignificance after Israel became a state in its own right. Immediately on being granted its independence, Israel was attacked by a number of Arab nations. If Israel had faltered at this first hurdle, she would have ceased to exist as a state regardless of what the United Nations had decreed.

Israel was attacked on the same day it gained its independence – May 14th. The armies of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq attacked Israel. With such a combined force attacking Israel, few would have given the new country any chance of survival.
www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

After World War One, Britain had governed Palestine as a League of Nations mandate. Britain got more and more embroiled in the area and in 1947 asked the United Nations to take over the duty of running the area. The Palestinians and the Jews in the area may have detested and fought one another but both fought the British troops who were stationed there. By 1947, Britain had had enough.

The United Nations took over the area and set up an eleven-man commission to examine the problem. Their solution was to divide Palestine in half with one part for the Jews and the other for the Palestinians. The Arab nations that surrounded Palestine made it clear that this plan would not be acceptable. Regardless of this – and aware of world sympathy for the Jews in the aftermath of World War Two - the United Nations went ahead with its plan. The General Assembly approved the partition in November 1947.

The United Nations plan came to nothing. The British left Palestine in May 1948 and the Jews set up Israel almost immediately using territory given to them in the United Nations plan. The Arab nations that surrounded Israel immediately attacked with the intention of destroying the new state - the war of 1948.

I am NOT in support of Israel. I just want people to get their facts straight.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You simple minded sheep have no clue...

Have you any idea what would happen if Isreal be defeated?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Empowered by the US. Who owned the land?

link   

Originally posted by Cio88

one can speculate. but please enlighten us as to what you believe would happen if israel was defeated.

link   

By all means, enlighten us?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Originally posted by Waldy

Empowered by the US. Who owned the land?

Read the information at the links I supplied. It says that the U.K. controlled that part of the world back then.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yes, the wealthy Jewry scattered around the world in enclaves of extreme power and position would have nowhere to vent their influences and commit their atrocities in the name of their religion.

This ins't the beginning of WW3 but the start of the religious wars again AKA the "Crusades" to free the Holy land of the Muslim hoardes. The only way around this constant repetition of history is to outlaw religion ? I can see it all coming down to this.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
coming back onto the topic, isn't the supply of arms to a state which is at war equalent to being 'actively' involved in the act of aggression???

Isn't there a Neutrality Act which prohibits the supply of arms to belligerent countries?

Isn't the supply of these arms in direct contradiction to the law of war?

Isn't the act of supplying weapons to an aggressor state automatically make America a party to this new war?

... the only thing they haven't done is have active american troops in gaza. But if things escalate, then it would not take a big stretch of imagine to see american military in a new war in the middle east.

... why are american citizens not protesting the fact that they are being inched closer to a new war every day?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
The United Nations plan came to nothing. The British left Palestine in May 1948 and the Jews set up Israel almost immediately using territory given to them in the United Nations plan. The Arab nations that surrounded Israel immediately attacked with the intention of destroying the new state - the war of 1948.

I am NOT in support of Israel. I just want people to get their facts straight.

the point is not about what caused the creation of israel and what happened ... we have seen things go back and forth about who did what and when on ats threads. This is about the current issue of taking support for a state to a new level.

America has its reasons for supporting the jewish who were victims of the holocaust. The principle behind it was that this type of situation was never to be forgotten or to be repeated. What we are seeing today (note the key word: today) is that the very same people are now dishing out the same collective punishment which they at one stage subjected to. Not only that, they are not using the 'eye for an eye' doctrine but rather, an life for a minor scratch doctorine.

the force used is too extreme, the number of dead is too high, and the defence used that hamas is using civilians as human shields is nothing more than a weak argument which can be diffused. Unfortunately the fact today is that American's don't seem to be listening to logic and are giving their blind support to the nazi regime of the new century.

... and entering into yet another war...

what is with that?

[edit on 10/1/09 by 04326]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

I posted those links in response to Waldy where he states "Who owned the land?" He was under the belief that the U.S. gave the land to Jews.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

thank you for the clarification. i obviously gleaned over post but the fact remains that america has supported israel through thick and thin so far. but hasn't the time come when the state is causing more trouble than its worth. Isn't it time that this country's foreign policy be re-addressed ?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Absolutely needs to be re-addressed. In my opinion ALL killing is senseless. But as long as mankind has religions they will kill for whatever it is they believe in. I think religions are at the root of all mankind problems. I believe in spirituallity...not the "worship' of a god.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Contrary to the boards.. most of the US supports Israel and that is pretty much a fact. I am sorry but side B kind of makes it hard to sympathize with them when they glorify martyrdom, recruit children and teach their children Blatant hatred. In fairness, Please post the US or Israelis children's shows that teach this type of death and hatred please.

Here's Terrorist Micky Mouse and Big Bird (you have to see these)

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

And let's not forget the 9-11 Parties

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Hey, I will be truthful.. it is very very very very hard for me and others to sympathize with a particular side when toddlers and grade-school children are being taught this kind of burning hatred, and being recruited for martyrdom guys. And seriously, this fuming hatred is astonishing.

Seriously, do the US or Israelis have children shows like this? If so, please post because it would be enlightening.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah it would break my eeffffinn heart! US out of Israel. It is NOT our country if you haven't noticed. What in the world are we doing supplying weapons and dollars for this sovereign nation?? Last time I looked this is the USA not Israel.

Look they have plenty of nukes and American weapons...enough! They can protect themselves just fine.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

i am not saying that hamas is not to blame. hamas is most definitely to blame. and just like the fundamental christians and jews are spewing hatred towards muslims, the muslims are doing the same. But so far it has been only the Fundamentals . By promoting war, this thing is going to escalate even further and it will be Us vs Them at an even more disturbing scale. Both sides are at fault but that is another issue for another day.

However, what i am asking is that, the support provided by america by providing these new shipment of weapons is in direct contradiction to international law as well as a number of the country's own laws - more specifically the neutrality act.

I am asking, is the support for israel and whatever it's actions are justification enough to go against the law's that govern goverments themselves? Because what we are seeing is a declaration of war by america without actually them saying that 'America is going to war'.

This latest shipment of weapons is not going to do anything to promote peace in the region. Rather, it will only sow further seeds of dislike towards the US gov. What the country is effectively doing, is committing itself to another new war in the middle east by this cargo.

i am flabbergasted that no one here seems to be interested in that fact - and instead are spouting the usual pro-israel propaganda.

wake up people and smell the gun powder in the air and if you listen closely enough, you may even hear the call for a military draft!

[edit on 11/1/09 by 04326]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Just an FYI.... that isn't fringe fundamentalist productions being distributed underground... that is public TV there. This is the norm and mainstream.

But we send weapons to allies all the time, Israel, Egypt, Taiwan, Etc.

Nothing new here and nothing out of the ordinary. The US could level the entire place in a day with some ole b52s if that was the goal so I wouldn't read into it to much.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by infolurker]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join