It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you surf ATS without experiencing information overload?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ATS/BTS is just too much for me, too many great threads, too many topics. It's really just hard for me to absorb it all in a few hours. Is there some way that I can see more posts on one page? Having to click from page to page can become tedious, but I don't want to skip over great comments. How do you guys go about surfing this site, do you stick to only a few sub forums?

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Amelie]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Personally, I usually just stick to the "recent posts" button and "my ATS". That gives me a good idea of what is going on at the moment and I don't have to worry about missing out on any hot topics.

It can get a bit overwhelming though.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well I just discovered this website the other day, still trying to get my head around it. Personally I am sceptical about most of the subjects, but there are still very good points made and also a lot I agree with.

Just realised that this is ATS, and that there is (in fact) a BTS also!

Er....What's the difference?

Please let it be boring or dull - I don't think my head can take any more information

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
BTS is less conspiracy, pretty much. More things about what's on TV, food, music, whatever.

My method- use your judgement about what you think is true/not.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Amelie

How do you surf ATS without experiencing information overload?

Honestly. It's a Must.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*teasing, obviously*

I think it comes down to the individual and their particular situation and/or circumstance(s) ... mostly with regards that which Interests them and Demands their time here.

Me? I keep a bag of salt and a pound of common sense handy.

$.02

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I like it .....you hit the nail on the head.

If one doesn't tear one'self away every (more than) once in a while it can be difficult to focus on what really interests you....overload!

A set of "favourites" that you stick to in "my ats" is a good start. Things that can start your time when you log into ATS/BTS.

I've only logged out twice in two years..

[edit on 13/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
LOL at OP

I know exactly what you mean. The first week or so was quite overwhelming, but one tend to "specialize" (if I can call it that) the content that you are reading and it gets better

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I thrive on information overload on ATS. My breathers come from humor on BTS. There's a path through the threads that I found while reading as much as I can. The problem I have had about posting is that I want to read everything everyone wrote before responding, and some threads are many pages long. By the time I'm done reading, it's bedtime, but I have half a dozen great new sites to check out.

So very glad I found ATS! Thanks for being here.

top topics

join