It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best part about the Rice showdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
KERREY: Dr. Clarke, in the spirit of further declassification...

RICE: Sir, with all...

KERREY: The spirit...

RICE: I don't think I look like Dick Clarke, but...

(LAUGHTER)

KERREY: Dr. Rice, excuse me.

RICE: Thank you.

-----

These clowns were so out to get Condi, that they couldn't even think straight.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yeah, its too damn bad we had to take this commission who had a chance to determine what went wrong that allowed 9-11 to happen and derive from that better procedures to stop future attacks and turn it into a 3 ring political circus. What pissed me off is that a question would be ask of her that I really wanted to hear an explanation for and they would interupt if they thought the answer wasn't going to fullfill their political motives.

The real irony is questioning why we didn't role military into Afganistan and do a pre-emptive strike based on the vague chatter we were hearing when apparently 12 years of threats, several UN directives and blatant violations therof don't seem to warrant such actions according to these same people.

I don't know what I expected...maybe the interests of those who died and their families put before political gain? Yeah, right? What we ended up with were a bunch a highpriced lawyers/henchmen paid to do a job regardless of the facts.

These same people still stand firm against actions being taken to stop terror cells operating in the US but were more than happy to support the disarming of law-biding citizens over the last decade while 9-11 was being planned and staged right here on our very shores.

Contardiction and hypocrisy, don't maket them a way of life. Drop politics and support truth.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
The real irony is questioning why we didn't role military into Afganistan and do a pre-emptive strike based on the vague chatter we were hearing when apparently 12 years of threats, several UN directives and blatant violations therof don't seem to warrant such actions according to these same people.

I agree 100%. Like she tried to explain, with the way the CIA and FBI were structured, I don't see that 9/11 was preventable. Do I think bin Laden could have been captured? Yes. Plenty of times. Would THAT have prevented 9/11? I really don't know.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A little off topic, but does anyone know who comprised the audience at that hearing? The applause was very unprofessional, IMO.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I remember hearing that families of the 9/11 victims were greatly anticipating Dr. Rice's testimony, having smelled blood in the approaching water, so to speak.

I only read the transcript of the testimony, so i found any applause to be quite lacking, but i assume the poor behavior you describe is likely the result of some liberal chest-beating-gorilla who honestly believes that Bush and his cronies, with great foresight and malice, directly caused, or through inaction, allowed, 9/11 to happen.

The political motivations of the 9/11 comission (or whatever its called) disturb me greatly. I fits in with a growing trend of sensationalism in the media and among my fellow students here at the university that precludes anything but a visceral emotional responce to whatever sound-bite or talking-head makes the Daily Show. It sickens me, and yes i am being sensationalistic... its still early out.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The best part? Probably the free food.

[Edited on 4-10-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

top topics

join