It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry apologises for racial slur

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I worked at a call centre in UK where there were lots of workers from Pakistani orientation, i heard of complaints all the time from them everytime anything remotely racist or relating to terrorists etc ..

Yes I think a lot of it is to do with fostering hysterical persecution complexes-theres also countless 'me or my religions been offended ' court cases where ££££££s play a huge role.

What did bother me is the fact that in an English speaking workplace i was 1 of 2 white workers out of 9 round our desk and they constantly chatted in their own language (not English), laughing, pointing all the works .. nothing was said about this .. imagine it the other way round and we were passing notes only intended for us, laughing and pointing .. i think racism would soon be called !!

If people want to live in Britain (or call it home) then they should have the common decency to learn and speak the language-especialy in the work place.
I also do understand where you're coming from when you mention all the seemingly contradictory and hypocritical double standards employed.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It all depends on context.

If you call a stranger a Paki it's offensive.

If you call your mate a paki it's a term of endearment.

No-one's business but the people involved, I can't understand what it's got to do with the media, or why the film was released 3 years after the event.

Harry's alright, if you're really offended by it write to him and call him a ginger tosser. I'm sure he'll laugh.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
so don't tell me that saying brit is not offensive..

LOL and you don't think the Irish had a pretty legitimate reason to make those statements?

Remember you were IN THEIR COUNTRY by force. You must have missed the example I made about calling the British 'Brits' in Pakistan?

The Ireland situation is no different than the India situation, or Iraq even. I mean if the Pakistanis were walking around your streets with guns, and shooting the locals, then the term 'Paki' in the most negative sense would not be inappropriate in that situation.

Sry but the term Brit, like Yank, has never had the negative connotations the word 'Paki' has had. They are not derogatory terms for groups of oppressed people. Quite the opposite.

Sorry but being called a 'Brit' didn't offend you, that was your pride being bruised.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Having been in the military and as a civilian lived among folks not of my race this issue is rather one of Harry being offered up out of context to the PC alter. If you have ever had the opportunity to be around people that are very offended by this type of talk you have probably been in the company of a dumbass. All races have words like this for others and like whites use them if only out of ear shot. Go to you tube and watch Carlin on the deal and other ethnic comedians who put this PC witch hunting in its place.

I don't know how many times I have been called a white muthf--ker.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i read a news story the prince referred to someone as our little Paki friend. how dare he refer to someone as a friend (note sarcasm). Paki for Pakistan is in truth the Paki is the first letter of the four major ethnic groups in the nation after Britain formalized it. So Paki not okay, but Brit, Yank and Aussie are. the self-appointed political correctness police make me sick. it is this precise kind of overreaction that actually fuels more hate from Whites that are trying to tranform themselves beyond latent prejudice and hatred. if you are a white male ages 20 to 50 you are open game for these PC-police. don't let them drag you down to their level. in their so-called "enlightenment" exist the darkest dungeons of restraint upon Western Civilization (Civilisation).

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I'm shocked, shocked, shocked that soldiers in a war zone would "trash talk" their enemies!

Generally, I am against any use of racial slurs, but this case is "political correctness" run a muck.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

It's more than just racial slurs during wartime. Did you miss the part about the nazi uniform and his fathers past? That's just the stuff we got to see, they are masters at privacy and secrecy.

It goes far deeper than you think.

Oh, and when was harry at war with 'Paki's'?

It's nothing to do with being PC, it has to do with a deep seated attitude that prevails in the ruling classes that we normally don't see, and a history that makes comments like harries all the more sickening.

In your history books they only cover the history they want you too see. They omit the years of misery they brought to the labourers in 'British India' and Australia and Fiji and.........

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is so typical of UK media to dredge up something like this and throw it at a member of the royal family. I've seen the tape and it was no racial slur, just a guy filming his mates and having a laugh. Anyone who is upset by this is a complete moron.

As for the 'rag-head' statement. Soldiers in the gulf refer to the enemy as 'rag-heads' for obvious reasons. To take a film of a bunch of guys mucking around and use what is said to try and demonise folk is just warped. Are all soldiers supposed to watch their p's and q's at all times in case some tosser of a journalist finds a tape 3 years later? Mindbending.

Stupid bloody journalists. and shame on everyone responsible for even posting this crappy non-story. Must have been a slow news day.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He is a dolt...

And should have his title removed.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You are right, this is not Political Correctness.

It is Political Correctness GONE MAD!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ExamineAllViews

Oh I get it now, if you bring up anything that makes people uncomfortable just label it PC, and you can sleep again....

'PC' has become the new excuse to be passive, and continue the status quo unchallenged.

You don't even know that the term was created by the left, as a self-criticising term to challenge it's own dogmatic attitudes. But you probably don't understand self-criticism....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm sure all the Royal Family are bigots. They come from a long line of bigots. Why this suprises anybody is beyond me. Their family made their wealth through colonialism. 'Nuff said.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by th3dudeabides]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Ok I will except your views in the main however what we have happening is the non white peoples of the world setting in judgment of whitey and his entire thrust on the world, as emanating from a basic flaw in his white nature and so therefore illegitimate in power and right to protect his own culture. I could go on here but you see where I am going.

Anyway I see this as part of a complex attack on the white man that has much more to do with undermining his culture and influence in the world than it does simply getting him to discard some inbuilt racism and xenophobia. Most races know that every race has some degree of natural tendency toward promoting their own race and being racist its just that they have whitey believing hes the only problem here. That serves the goal of the current PC trends which are Marxist in nature. Its classic stoking of the fires of revolution by fanning the embers of "injustice" and economic tyranny perpetrated by white and Jewish power on the rest of the world.

When we wake up to the fact that many really would like to see whitey picking cotton, they don't care about coming to terms but seek a vengeance, we will understand that we are being lead around by our guilt and beaten over the head with it. Slaves are made in such ways.
White cultures are judged the same way Jews were in Nazi Germany. Never mind any social contributions made to Germany by the Jews. Just propaganda about how they have taken advantage of Germany and in whiteys current case the world. The Western whites and Jews are now lumped into the same camp together on a world stage and the pressure is for whitey to sell the Jew out and turn on himself.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You are somewhat correct, and as a white man myself I am also at war with with the 'white man'.

Most non-whites can see the difference between 'white people' and the 'white M.A.N.'....

Are you people, or are you the M.A.N.?

If you're 'people' then you'd be better focusing on what the 'white M.A.N.' is doing to you and your country.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I know, tell me about it! There was nothing even remotely shocking here.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I think he wore the Nazi uniform to piss off his family and have a laugh. They are not English, they are really German aristocracy, and there were accusations of Nazi sympathies regarding Edward and a few others during the war.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You may have not noticed during your efforts to show others that you are not the M.A.N but you are a white male and to many that makes you the man no matter what you do.

This idea that the whole of the rest of the ethnic world is looking for and can see the difference between M.A.N and man is about rubbish. Trust me on this. Like I said having lived in an area for 10 years where whites were about 5%, there are many who have "white out" complexes and while there didn't live as the M.A.N but as a man. However I do understand what you mean and am certainly not the M.A.N. AM sensitive to these ignored double standard and disregard many have for white western culture.

As well I am not trying to make a meal out of this. I do see what the M.A.N is up to. There are many different M.E.N. and some don't have penises and belong to both parties.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
....Trust me on this. Like I said having lived in an area for 10 years where whites were about 5%, there are many who have "white out" complexes and while there didn't live as the M.A.N but as a man. However I do understand what you mean and am certainly not the M.A.N. AM sensitive to these ignored double standard and disregard many have for white western culture.

That's cool because I have also lived in a neighbourhood for the last TEN years that I am a major minority in, an inner city SRO community. Trust me, most of my neighbours know the difference, they're not stupid and seem to have a better grasp on the reality of the 'system' than most of the white folks I've known all my life.

But you're right some don't like whites at all, I guess it depends on who you want to focus on, those that hate, or those that don't.

What I was trying to say is the white community as a whole should not feel threatened by radical minorities, you should side with them, trust me many whites do and are accepted as brothers, it's the M.A.N. who is the enemy, not you or I. The M.A.N. is the enemy to us ALL, black and white.

I just feel I have far more in common with minorities than I do with the authorities. The authorities want us to hate each other, we're easier to control while we fight among ourselves.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well your preaching to the choir for the most part.

I am not really interested in being excepted as a brother. This has baggage. Just want to be who and what I am. Its a shame when you dare not let anyone know you may have certain political and social viewpoints. Thats the cost of being a brother rather than a free man. The brothers want you to assimilate into their world view.

Yes and I don't wish to focus on the racist among them. The basic man is the basic man wherever we go. However the more vocal and politically minded among them, their leaders, are the ones that perpetuate the racial tension under the flag of fighting it. They also use their own and ostracize those that get out of line. If I am called anything for standing against these then so be it.

Frankly I can hardly believe you have spent any thine among minorities, blacks anyway, with you eyes wide open. They are many very racist among them and the others unlike whites fear to speak out against their own racist. Now when that starts to happen like it happens in the white world then we may be able to move along.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Thats the cost of being a brother rather than a free man. The brothers want you to assimilate into their world view.

That's just...well garbage mate.

You're showing your true colours now. I said brother not brothers...

You will never be free until you realise that we are all in this together, and we need to support each other rather than the bank accounts of the M.A.N.

You're scared of a mythical agenda, while supporting an evil agenda that is reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join