It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry apologises for racial slur

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Prince Harry apologises for racial slur

www.news.com.au

PRINCE Harry has been forced to appologise after a British newspaper aired footage of him using offensive and racist language.

The News of The World reports that Harry, third in line to the British throne, used offensive terms to refer to people of Pakistani and Arab descent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Firstly, I don't feel sorry for Harry. He's rich, he has the world at his feet, as slaves. Although he can't help that he was born that way, unless he wishes to renounce it all.

However, anything that he says is scrutinised beyond being reasonable. He served in the armed forces in the Middle east, so who really gives a damn if he drops a racial slur. He wasn't making the quotes in any official capacity, so what's the problem?

Political correct, new age speak is CRAP. People need to lighten up and suck in a deep breath before getting 'offended'.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The negativity that is polluting this planet affects everyone and just proves that no one is free from mass human consciousness.

From the slaves, drones and workers, to the hierachy of the elite we are all succombing to the dark future.

We need to find some light. All of us.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is this not the same douche that went to a party dressed as a Nazi?

I'm sorry, I can't apologize for anything that tool does. He is an elitist, that much is certain.
He is showing his true colors. Only thing is, he'd slander you, too. Just before he sent someone to take your life, if you crossed him.

Lots of political top-dogs serve in the military. They feel they need to put that on their resume. Just before they use their power to subject you even more.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Only thing is, he'd slander you, too. Just before he sent someone to take your life, if you crossed him.

That's ok. I can take being slandered provided I'm allowed to fight back.

I think that his only problem was that he was born a royal and third to the throne. He'd be much better off if he was born a commoner. No one would give a damn about his actions if he was a peon, like the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ok first of all, I have never liked this guy. Ever since he has hit about 16 he has flaunted his wealth and position in life. I never hear anything bad about the rest of The Royals, at least of lately. But, I heard about this recent news of him and didnt understand what all the fuss was about. The only thing I could find was that he called a Pakistani solder and friend of his a "Paki." That must be really bad in the UK. But I fail to see how it is any different from calling someone a Froggie, Frenchy or Ausie or Kiwi. There is a video supposedly but I could not find it anywhere. Was there more to it than just "Paki?"

I think I am under-informed and in need an explanation on this one.

[edit on 10/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
All he did was call someone a Paki and at another time a rag head. Who cares!?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Honestly, 'slurs' aren't offensive, people take them offensively. Reacting in anger to someone calling you names is what gives the name its power. I don't think you should go around trying to insult others, I know I don't, but at the same time we can choose how to react.

But, do I care that the Prince called someone a 'Paki'? I honestly didn't even know that was considered offensive, is Pakistani the correct term? Is Paki not acceptable? Or was his use the equivalent of calling a Puerto Rican a Mexican? And raghead, ok, I get it, but who cares? Neither of these words are very harsh, especially considering the environment they were used in (a bunch of military guys playing around). Men making fun of each other is a common stress reliever or reason to laugh, you don't take the things they say personally.

I don't know, I don't see this comment being received well, I'm not trying to be cold or dismissive to anyone but they're just names. It's waves of pressure that we interpret as sound, and then translate into meaning. I just really hate when other people make a big deal of something like this or want the person to apologize. If it were me, I wouldn't apologize because if I was truly sorry or concerned I wouldn't have said it (again, I'm not in the habit of using slurs but you get my point.) And I'm definitely not apologizing to make someone else feel better who wasn't even a part of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My take on Harry:

He isn't Charles's son...pretty obvious don't you all think? I have always thought he'd be offed in some sacrificial manner... eg Diana.

I think the spin on Harry is to shed him in some dark light so if he ever does have an 'accident', people will be less sympathetic of his death. Keep an eye on Harry, I have some hope in this guy breaking the royal hold on most things Illuminati.

Just remember folks: anything the MSM reports, it is suspect. And anything they don't report is where you want to be looking.

wZn

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I liked him more when he told it as it is.
Now I don't know hes just another pompous idiot really.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
All he did was call someone a Paki and at another time a rag head. Who cares!?

And I bet you wonder why minorities don't trust white people?

Who cares? Those of us who see comments like harrys as nothing but ignorant, stupid, hateful, and only the tip of what his class really think.

But as long as those others don't show their true colours in public it's OK...

The ignorant masses? Or the ignorant few at the top?

The ruling elite is an institution that has had it's day, we're coming for ya!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here's the vid:-

*WARNING, SOME BAD LANGUAGE*

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Xeros]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The video isn't bad at all. All it is, is Harry being a young person in the army. Jeez. I bet that Paki is probably called worse names and laughs about it in the army. People need to get a life.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

And I bet you wonder why minorities don't trust white people?

No...I actually do not wonder at all about this. I know why some people who are minorities in white countries decide why they shouldn't like/trust white people. Because whitey is evil and oppressive. That is why instead of being a majority in their respective countries, they are minorities in white people's countries. Makes sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think the thing to remember here is that, we don't know Harry's relationship with these people. We can all say stupid things (to an outsider) in an environment where we feel comfortable. I do it all the time with my friends because I can trust them and they know it's irony. Somebody has betrayed Harry in his instance and probably made a nice bit of cash. Basically, not everyone is the moralistic, high standing citizens which we want to portray ourselves as to "outsiders". Meh, get over it. It doe's not mean he's racist.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
HOW DO YOU DO... ROYALTY

Diana

She did lots of things that helped the Royal Family become more up to date. How does fannying around, crying lots, marrying a jug eared mumbler, f**king Will Carling, filling up my TV with “portraits” of herself, getting mangled and making me miss a weeks television whilst praying for the death of a major song writing artist, help anything?

...MORE AT lifestyleguides.blogspot.com

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i don't trust the News of the World as far as i can throw them, and there is something suspect about this. For a start, when he is on the phone, he clearly is NOT talking to the Queen, it sounds like he is having a laugh ("God save you, yeah"..?)

But, using those terms is, i think, part of the upper class way of life. Something i found way more offensive was the recent news of the Young Conservative chairman dressing up as Madeleine McCann at a party, then joking about it on Facebook.

Tory 'Sorry' For Madeleine Outfit

This kind of stuff shows me that the upper class are living in their own world, where generally they don't give a toss about anyone "beneath them"

[edit on 10-1-2009 by geek101]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why care? Because Pakistan is a member of the Commonwealth. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Google his grandfathers gaffs.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Political correct, new age speak is CRAP. People need to lighten up and suck in a deep breath before getting 'offended'.

I don't think that it should be taken that lightly. This is someone from the family that rules most of the worlds countries, U.S. included the last time I heard.

Children are a product of their environment. I imagine he probably heard alot of comments like that in the palace. His granddad already admitted in an interview that if able to come back after death he would come back as a plague so he could wipe out billions of people who need to be wiped from the earth. This is great to hear from our rulers; isn't it slave? With the recent addition of a Masonic temple within the palace walls I'm sure that he's also into satanic things as well. Time will tell...

He's suppose to be a Royal person, like any political leader always in an official capacity. He shouldn't have said it. How would you feel if you heard, off air but you heard Obama say he was against whites and was going to remove everyone from the earth. Just because it's not stated in a public official capacity doesn't mean that the words mean nothing. That's usually the only time you will find out the truth from a politician and the royal family.

My 2cents

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil
Ok first of all, I have never liked this guy. Ever since he has hit about 16 he has flaunted his wealth and position in life. I never hear anything bad about the rest of The Royals, at least of lately. But, I heard about this recent news of him and didnt understand what all the fuss was about. The only thing I could find was that he called a Pakistani solder and friend of his a "Paki." That must be really bad in the UK. But I fail to see how it is any different from calling someone a Froggie, Frenchy or Ausie or Kiwi. There is a video supposedly but I could not find it anywhere. Was there more to it than just "Paki?"

I think I am under-informed and in need an explanation on this one.

[edit on 10/1/09 by Pfeil]

I'll explain a little, a few years ago when I was in school, Paki was a bit more serious than these days. When I was in school, the racist bullies used to call Pakistanis: pakis as a really offensive way of talking to them. It was basically what they would say to them if they wanted them to know they are racist and they hate pakistanis.

But from what I see these days it's more like people say pakis for short. My brother has a lot of pakistani friends, infact most of his friends are pakistani, he calls them paki in a casual way all the time.

The basic problem here is not the words, but the motive behind the words.

Edit: I just watched the video, I don't see the problem, sounded very casual to me. He did seem a bit annoying thou.
This is just another example of petty news, just what is the point, who cares?

[edit on 10-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join