It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

't'. and 'a' on fortean shows...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Paranormal/ufo investi

WHY is it, that on these reality paranormal investigative shows, whether it's the long-defunct (thank God) Sci-Fi Investigates, or the ever popular GhostHunters, you have a bunch of married men with kids, and then the producers -make- sure that a youn single bimbo is firmly ensconsed with them. If it is MANDATORY (for some reason) this be so, why do these girls always wear painted on pants and not-painted-on flimsy tank-tops, (no matter what the weather). Are these show-producers trying to home wreck? WHY are most of those men (appearing, anyway) to be over 35, while the girlies appear under 25? I'm 49, and if I was the President, I'd be Baberaham Lincoln, if I don't mind tooting my own horn. LONG ago, me and other newly-30 girlies were (ahem) "volunteering" at a nonprofit 'Center', cuz we had crushes on the married guys who ran it, more than file 'drawers' got opened.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All TV shows are just vehicles to tag along adverts.

A lot of money is spent in R&D as to what people will watch and not start channel surfing. Sex and the associated fantasy holds attention. Cheap to produce.

I'm a new producer with a cable channel and it's a constant grubbing for ratings/mkt. shares, to lure advertisers. It's about money not entertainment, ultimately.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

The young male demographic is what the producers are trying to reach and keep. The showing of some T&A will keep the boys interest for the duration of the show.

I do wish the television producers would remember that the older demographic has more money to spend and watches more TV. They are rarely if ever catered to, and that is a shame.

How many young males went out and bought a car on a fluke? My father used to all the time.

join