It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian people

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Prove it. Never mind....that's ridiculous. As if the Palestinian refugees constitute some kind of threat to American or British sovereignty? You're just blowing smoke now.

US F-16

A very large delivery of US weaponry to Israel consisting of 3,000 tons of "ammunition" is scheduled to sail to Israel. The size and nature of the shipments are described as "unusual":

ARTICLE

AH-64 Apache (Imagine that)

The United States will sell Israel nearly 5,000 smart bombs in one of the largest weapons deals between the allies in years. The deal is valued at $319 million and was revealed in a Pentagon report made to the U.S. Congress a few weeks ago. Funding for the sale will come from U.S. military aid to Israel.

FULL ARTICLE

If you would like more there is just no end to it. We arm the Israelis and the IDF uses those weapons to destroy the Palestinians.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
reply to post by masonwatcher

A new pathetic low. I'm going to have to report this. If you like you can start your own thread with that subject in mind.

Why would you report him, he is doing the same as you do, he also have the sources to back his claims up. Grow up and start discuss instead.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

To pepsi. Please stop drawing false conclusions because if you scroll to the bottom of the link it will tell the genetic conclusion reached by scientists.

Here it is.The bottom line that explains it all.

These documented historical events, together with the finding of a particular Eu10 haplotype in Yemenis, Palestinians, and NW Africans, are suggestive of a recent common origin of these chromosomes.

Meaning the E10 originates from the places mentioned? So what? What is your point? This only priovides eveidence where they came from?

Remarkably, the only non-Arabs in whom this haplotype has been observed to date are the Berbers (Bosch et al. 2001). It appears that the Eu10 chromosome pool in NW Africa is derived not only from early Neolithic dispersions but also from recent expansions from the Arabian peninsula.

Note the frase "early Neolithic" and "arabian peninsula"
1 Israel is part of the arabian peninsula
2 NEolithic people were present there in stone age there in what today is Israel, they migrated to that area.

Acknowledgments
We wish to thank Dr. Elena Bosch (University of Leicester, United Kingdom) for providing haplotype information on the NW African populations. This work was supported by a research grant from the Israeli Ministry of Science, Culture and Sport.

THis study was done by the Israely ministery of science? lol: ohh boy...I just found out, not a problem tho, all it does is provide evidence that neolithic people inhabited the area and came from far away in the stone age.

Simply put the so-called Palestinian people have more in common with Arabs then to the land of Israel. That is a fact I'm sorry if you believed other wise.

It's not the so -called palestinians, it's the palestinians as the findings and research provides.

Another note thanks mods for not doing anything. I asked you twice to try to keep this thread civil free from bull#.
:
It is civil, it's just your frustration and your inability to cope with defeat.

It's really what I was saying all along, Philistines, cannianites are part of the neolithic people, since they were all across the arabian peninsula, they mixed and formed groups of people with dinstinctive paterns keeping the EU-10 but refining it and making it distinctive from other EU-10 making arabs different from eachother based on what other tribes were around.Romans came and called it Palestine.The land of the Philistines.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Palestine is a name which has been widely used since Roman times to refer to the region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River.[1] In its broader meaning as a geographical term, Palestine can refer to an area that includes contemporary Israel and the Palestinian territories, parts of Jordan, and parts of Lebanon and Syria.[1][2] In its narrow meaning, it refers to the area within the boundaries of the former British Mandate of Palestine (1920-1948) west of the Jordan River. Wikipedia

Ergo-Palestine is a word that was ultimately bone fided by the British Empire.

Please try reading the Anchor Bible Dictionary, which is an amalgamation representing the best of academia's finest work-which includes epigraphy, archaeology, and other co-operative sciences who are focused on finding the truth without a political, socio-economic agenda. The painful, human, gut-wrenching outcome that technology makes available to us in real time...is recording divisionary tactics, and as usual-the innocents are paying the price.

Both Hamas and Israel are equal in their resolve.

We are all related. We all wear skinz.
Lazavanti

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Enough of the attacks on each other.

Either debate the subject, which is...

There is no such thing as a Palestinian people

or your posts will be removed.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Are you serious we have been arguing for how many hours and you don't know my point
Or maybe you just cant help with the logical fallacies, like your strawman and an ad hominem attacks right above

I will say this one last time. The people living the westbank and gaza, the so-called Palestinians, are not Palestinians. Palestine is just a name. They do not have any claim to the civilizations of that land. They are Arabs. Genetic evidence proves this. It shows the connections they have with other Arab peoples through the eu10 marker. The king of Jordan is married to a so-called Palestinian woman, why because she is no different from any of his people. Jordan, Syria, and Egypt do not have a legitimate claim to the land. And if the people living in the westbank and gaza are just like the people living in those countries they also do not have a legitimate claim. They have no right to attack the sovereign state of Israel, period. Again, I am sorry but genetic evidence does not lie. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

It is a common and widely held belief amongst many historians and scholars that the Palestinians are the descendants of the Philistines.(see your own links on Palestine and Palestinian people for this)

If this is true,then they lived in the land of Canaan before the Israelites settled there.Even the Bible backs this up.(see Genesis ch10 for example)

If you look at this map from 830 BC
you see the city states of the Philistines.If they owned land there,and Palestinians are their descendants,then it would appear they do have a claim as a people.(add:it is unknown how much land the Philistines ruled over before the wars with the Israelites)

And trying to lump all Arabs in together is almost as absurd as lumping all Westerners together.We have very similar cultures but we are all uniquely different.

You may also like to know that there isn't,and hasn't just been Arab Muslims.There has also been Arab Jews and Arab Christians.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

I answered your question in another post but a mod deleted it. Look to my post right above yours I actually answer it again.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum
We arm the Israelis and the IDF uses those weapons to destroy the Palestinians.

That's not proving your original assertion. In fact, you've simply restated it. You're trying the ol' "correlation equals causation " bit.....which rarely works.

Makes no difference, your point is bogus....the Palestinians are still there, not destroyed. Stop throwing out the same ol' anti-Zionist, bigoted rhetoric.

Usually, a simplistic explanation is used to illustrate a point to those that may have trouble understanding a complex issue......I suppose on the other hand, a simplistic explanation is expected from one who doesn't understand a complex issue.

I think the Turks should rise up and demand their empire be restored.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by MrPenny]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

Sorry for the double post,my computer is acting up and I didn't think it had sent the first one.

From your own links and my statement,if the Palestinians are the descendants of the Philistines,then they have a right to that land too.

And,as stated,Arab is a name that has been used for people of different cultures and faiths.So again,that gives them rights.

Plus,according to research done in 2000,the Jews and Palestinians are related genetically.Which makes sense as they have both lived in that area of the world for many centuries.

If a common heritage conferred peace, then perhaps the long history of conflict in the Middle East would have been resolved years ago. For, according to a new scientific study, Jews are the genetic brothers of Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese, and they all share a common genetic lineage that stretches back thousands of years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Are you serious we have been arguing for how many hours and you don't know my point
Or maybe you just cant help with the logical fallacies, like your strawman and an ad hominem attacks right above

You have no logic.
What I have told you over and over is that yes you are right about the EU10 but that it does not matter because EU10 was in the area of what today is called Israel because they migrated there early.

]
I will say this one last time. The people living the westbank and gaza, the so-called Palestinians, are not Palestinians. Palestine is just a name. They do not have any claim to the civilizations of that land. They are Arabs. Genetic evidence proves this.

On the contrary, the result show something else that the EU10 is different from zone to zone.

It shows the connections they have with other Arab peoples through the eu10 marker.

Yes it shows the EU-10 marker, what it also does it shows mutation of the EU10 depending on the area.

I am sorry but genetic evidence does not lie. Thank you.

That is just your opinion.

What we agree and do not agree.

1 That arabs have the EU10 and share a strong bond and come from a sepcific area.I agree , you agree.
2 The arabs have influences to the each region making the EU10 not identical.I agree you do not agree.
3 That people who had EU10 migrated there in early times in what today is Israel.I agree , you do not agree.

In fact all you claim is that they are arabs and that they all have EU10 and originate from some place?
Well you can't pove squat with this, all it does is show that they have EU10 and jews have EU9, what does this prove?

I'll tell you.....Nothing.

I think you get it, but do you want to seem that "you do not get it"

I already told you that I'm in agreement with your statment about 10EU, but you came and state "you can't refute genes" and I told you that I'm not.All I'm doing is saying:
1 That the same EU10 was part of that area long ago even if it migrated there.
2 That the same EU10 suffered modifications and has becomed dinstinctive in each area due to the mixing of geans.

Bolth of my two points are stated clear in that article.
The chart show just the same as it shows different results in the chart.
There is quoting stating that it is dinstinctive.
History shows neolithic inhabitants did migrate there in pre history backing up the gene theory.

I am thinking of two posibilities for you.

1 You either do not understand what you are posting from the source.
2 You know but act and seem like you do no know and understand.That is trolling, not calling you one, just a possibility.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

I think the Turks should rise up and demand their empire be restored.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by MrPenny]

Hehe, good suggestion. But the problem is that empire age is over. The Ottoman Empire had no race issue. Several races were living together under the empire. But then the modern nation-state thing come over and ruined everything. Another thing is that under Ottoman Empire there were living many many Jews, who flew from Spain-Endulus. Jewish culture was suprisingly very important in Ottoman Empire.
A note to the OP: it is not fair to judge everything with genetic codes. This makes us just racist and nothing else. Living culture and history is much more relevant.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Please provide me with a quote that says EU10 has become distinctive. That makes absolutely no sense. If it became distinctive it would not be called eu10. Another thing, I have said over and over that there was an Arab migration early and later on. I provided that quote a hundred times. But the people in the Neolithic period where completely distinct before the Arabs came many years later. So it was not a tribe of Arabs but a consistent group that is the same as any Arabs today socially and historically.

Finally we are getting somewhere, where I can call your BS out.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Please provide me with a quote that says EU10 has become distinctive.

Palestinians shared 20%–46% of their chromosomes with the four non-Arab populations. Thus, the genetic distinctiveness of the Palestinian Arabs is mainly seen in the presence of specific high-frequency Eu 10 haplotypes not found in non-Arab groups.

Thus, the genetic distinctiveness of the Palestinian Arabs is mainly seen in the presence of specific high-frequency Eu 10 haplotypes not found in non-Arab groups. Meaning they are different from other arabs and the EU10 is not identical simply because inhabitants of that area mixed with others eartly in pre history.

The chart.

Distribution of Y Chromosome Haplotypes in Six Middle Eastern Populations

and the Total 79 78 99 95 143 32 526 for each of the six.
Not the same.

That makes absolutely no sense. If it became distinctive it would not be called eu10.

Not true.You can have ancestors, and then some other people come and mix with them. You would still have the same EU10 just modified.

The people that originaly had the EU10 migrated in different parts, and mixed with who was around.As a result arabs became different from eachother depending on the area.

Another thing, I have said over and over that there was an Arab migration early and later on.

There was neolithic migration, and arabic migration later on, bolth of this groups are identical and the same people.
Arabs were not arabs before they were arabs.

I provided that quote a hundred times. But the people in the Neolithic period where completely distinct before the Arabs came many years later.

Neolithic people are arabs.It's shown in your article.

We propose that the Y chromosomes in Palestinian Arabs and Bedouin represent, to a large extent, early lineages derived from the Neolithic inhabitants of the area .....

wikypedia.

Painted pottery was not made by the Arabian Neolithic people though coarse red ware may have been manufactured by them in the Central Gulf region. The stone tools of the Arabian Neolithic are different from the Ubaid material -- tending to be made from shorter flakes which have been chipped on both sides. This local tool-kit is called the Arabian Bifacial Tradition ...

[edit on 11-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why is everybody calling the people Jews shouldn't it be Hebrews instead

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

All wrong. I have already disproved everything you are repeating for A THIRD time. The only next step is a debate yes or no?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well post the material contradicting it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Do you want to debate yes or no?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join