It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "Palestine is Still the Issue" Documentary Never Been Broadcast On U.S. Media !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Twenty-five years ago, I made a film called Palestine Is Still The Issue. It was about a nation of people - the Palestinians - forced off their land and later subjected to a military occupation by Israel. An occupation condemned by the United Nations and almost every country in the world, including Britain.

But Israel is backed by a very powerful friend, the United States. So in 25 years, if we're to speak of the great injustice here, nothing has changed. What has changed is that the Palestinians have fought back.

Stateless and humiliated for so long, they've risen up against Israel's huge military machine, although they themselves have no arm, no tanks, no American planes and gun ships or missiles.

Some have committed desperate acts of terror, like suicide bombing. But for Palestinians, the overriding, routine terror, day after day, has been the ruthless control of almost every aspect of their lives, as if they live in an open prison. This film is about the Palestinians and a group of courageous Israelis united in the oldest human struggle - to be free.

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPilger

A nation of people....
I love how easy it is to spot ignorant rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

Do you have anything to contribute here more thn a one liner !!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Pilger.

Just enquiring between the discrepancy between your stated date of 25 years ago and wikipedia's notation of it being made in 2002? Your documentary that is.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPilger
Twenty-five years ago, I made a film called Palestine Is Still The Issue. It was about a nation of people - the Palestinians - forced off their land and later subjected to a military occupation by Israel. An occupation condemned by the United Nations and almost every country in the world, including Britain.

But Israel is backed by a very powerful friend, the United States. So in 25 years, if we're to speak of the great injustice here, nothing has changed. What has changed is that the Palestinians have fought back.

Stateless and humiliated for so long, they've risen up against Israel's huge military machine, although they themselves have no arm, no tanks, no American planes and gun ships or missiles.

Some have committed desperate acts of terror, like suicide bombing. But for Palestinians, the overriding, routine terror, day after day, has been the ruthless control of almost every aspect of their lives, as if they live in an open prison. This film is about the Palestinians and a group of courageous Israelis united in the oldest human struggle - to be free.

Google Video Link

Oy vey!

The only thing worse than copy and paste, is identity spoofing. If you were the real John Pilger you would know the original "Palestine Is Still The Issue" was produced in 1977, which would be 31 years ago, since we won't count 2009 just yet, it being in it's infancy. The second documentary made by "you" with the same title was made in 2002 and released in 2003.

In 1977, the award-winning journalist and film-maker, John Pilger, made a documentary called Palestine Is Still The Issue (1977). He told how almost a million Palestinians had been forced off their land in 1948, and again in 1967. In this in-depth documentary, he has returned to the West Bank of the Jordan and Gaza, and to Israel, to ask why the Palestinians, whose right of return was affirmed by the United Nations more than half a century ago, are still caught in a terrible limbo -- refugees in their own land, controlled by Israel in the longest military occupation in modern times.

www.bullfrogfilms.com...

2003 release

That is what you get when copy and paste from some site like this:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

And then try to impersonate someone.

You sir, are a fraud.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Jewcano]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
On his behalf i posted this content !! so if you watch it and thn comment on it i appreciate it !!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah!!! John Pilger is in the house!

What do you think will be the consequences for Israel after the attack on Gaza. I note the massive anger of the Arab people, will there be consequences for the Arab regimes?

Also I think the ultimate objective for Israel is the expulsion of the Palestinians from Gaza and their resettlement in tent cities on the Egyptian side of the Rafah border. The West Bank will be absorbed in Israel and Palestinians there forced into Jordan.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPilger

You really shouldn't use his name.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I agree..

Not cool

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

No, he shouldn't, as it is against the Terms & Conditions Of Use:

2a.) Identity Spoofing: You will not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting.

and

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Thread closed.

top topics

join