It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange lights over Bath!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have just seen two orange balls of light flying over Bath! 9.55pm to be precise. I was sat outsideon my doorstep in the cold having a cigarette, when one light came over the rooftops from the south (twerton) area and headed North over Locksbrook cemetary towards Lansdown. I examined it for indicators or other signs/noise of an aircraft and found none. Plus it wasn't on the flight path.
I decided this was unusual and a bit odd but thought it was probably easily explained, except it was followed seconds later by another!
This followed a similar path though slightly wider.
They were soundless, bright orange balls of light, not particularly high in the sky, moving fairly quickly in a straight line.
My mum saw something similar last week in Wiltshire whilst driving. Except this one hovered and shone into her car. She had three witnesses to this occurence. Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vixfinn

Sounds like ufo orbs to me pal. Amber/orange are quite common long with the white type. You may have seen marsh gas or chinese lanterns but I doubt it, sounds like the real thing. Your moms sighting. That is very interesting, the light shone on the car, was it like a laser beam? What colour was the ufo orb that shone the light?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vixfinn
Any suggestions?

Report it to NUFORC and MUFON.

Can't do pretty much anything else other than that.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vixfinn

If you have a torch go back to where you were during the sighting and flash it in a sequence of three second communications, in the direction where they came from and the point you last saw them. Repeat this and you may (they will be very timid) encourage them to reappear. Good news on the sighting btw.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

My mum said they thought a car was trying to overtake, i.e a bright light through the back windscreen and the whole car was filled with orange light. Needless to say, Nothing was behind. They were quite scared. This was after seeing the orange light hovering ahead of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vixfinn

That's really interesting. Quite rare too. These things seem to be getting more frequent by the day, it might be worth checking out your local paper in the next few days, also local radio too.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Strange.. on the MUFON site someone else reported an orange object earlier this evening down in Sheffield.

Case Number: 14870
Log Number: GB-01102009-0014
Submitted Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:49:32
GMT Event Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 23:05:00
GMT Status: Submitted
City: Sheffeld, England
Longitude: -2
Latitude: 54
Shape: Fireball
Duration: 00:01:30
Distance: Unknown
Terrain: Woods
Visibility: Partly Cloudy
Weather: Does Not Apply
Entity Type: None Description:

The object was viewed at c. 6.05 pm on by my wife and I. We were walking our dog near the junction of Folds Lane and Dalewood Road in the Beauchief district of Sheffield, England, when we saw a bright, orange illuminated object pass overhead. It appeared to be silent, and was travelling below the cloud base on a south south west to north north east heading. It wasn't possible to estimate speed but it appeared to be moving quickly at a uniform rate. It left no con-trail that we could see, although it was dark. The object passed out of our line of sight behind trees. Weather conditions: cold (c. -2 degrees centigrade), clear, relatively low wispy clouds. There was nothing specific that attracted our attention to the sky, we both seemed to notice the object at the same time. We didn't know what the object was, but in the way that it moved it didn't resemble a fixed or rotary wing aircraft. We simply observed it until it passed out of sight. My reason for reporting this sighting is that this is the second time we have observed an object fitting this description in recent weeks. The first sighting took place mid-afternoon on Christmas Day in the same area of Sheffield as my wife and I returned home after walking the dog. On this occasion we were walking on Dalewood Road, roughly east to west. The object appeared bright against the grey sky to the north west. It appeared to move slowly southward, rising slightly as it did so. It then appeared to move slowly back and forth. At this point it passed out of sight behind trees as we walked, but in the seconds that it took to regain a clear line of sight, it had disappeared completely. Weather conditions at the time were grey and overcast.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice, will give it a go. I'm sure others must have seen them.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i have the same thing here in the central midlands a few times now, i know how planes move sound and look but these orange orbs are different.
If i ever catch one on camera i'll upload it.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMajestic

hey im in west midlands england and i also can state i saw this same phenomenom whilst in my back garden. i have an airport close by so know the flight paths and speeds they adhere to. this was no plane. it was static in the sky for approx 1 to 2 minutes then it suddenly fly at a terrific speed and disappeared into the horizon. every clear night i will have my camcorder ready to catch it as proof. i was skeptical to ufos before this so but now a believer.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yes! Somebody else in Bath witnessed it too! There were infact 5 balls of light. 3 went together across the sky at a steady pace then the other 2 came a few minutes later on the same trajectory.

It look like they came from the Roundhill area near Culverhay school. I was also on the back step smoking. Terrible habbit. About 6 doors down from me there is a small wind turbine powering a workshop next to Millmead motors. The wind direction indicated was ACCROSS the path of the objectas which kinda tules out Lanterns.

Its the 3rd time i have seen them in 6 months around Bath.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Interesting, did anyone manage to get photos with mobile or anything?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zemouk

Yep. I managed to get 5 shots with a 8 mega pixel camera. They are not the best because the lens is very small but i will put them up as soon as i go home after work. They show the orbs but there is a bit of tracer due to camera movement. I tried to rest it on a fence but the fence was a bit wobbly.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ok...this might take me a while to get the hang of, i have not uploaded things before.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

If that works i will upload the rest. I have zoomed in on the image using the standard Microsoft image software. There is bad tracer effects but you can see the orb.

I warned you they are not that good... sorry

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Bunkered]

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Bunkered]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They work!! Yippee. Not too goood though...sorry. You can make out the trees at the bottom of the garden and the shape of the thing in between tracer.

At least it proves they were there!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am posting this video of chinese lanterns so people can get an idea of what they look like in the night sky. Just to have something to compare the orange lights with:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When i saw them that was my first thought but they were heading in a different direction to the wind. I know that wind direction can be different at different altitudes so it still could very well be lanterns. Until i hear for definate what they were then i shall be keeping my mind open.

i think i am going to make or buy a lantern just to compare it for my own eyes. Could be a useful experiment dont you think?

Cheers for posting the vid though.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunkered

i think i am going to make or buy a lantern just to compare it for my own eyes. Could be a useful experiment dont you think?

That is a great idea! And if you lit one or more lanterns and release them, perhaps you can also take the opportunity to get photos/footage of them?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Seems like we're getting a lot of reports of both lights in the sky and various booms from all over lately...seems to me a good explanation is that we're running into a cloud of space debris that's impacting the atmosphere. Personally, I'd rather they were UFOs, as they're far less dangerous than rocks falling out of the sky.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for posting the photos. Quite interesting and different to how I would have thought. Might be someone on here who could have a better explanation for them. I live south of Bath so will keep a look out for strange lights like this in the sky also.

I found this report from last year:

Mystery of orange lights seen in sky over Bodmin

UNEXPLAINED bright orange lights have been seen in the skies over Bodmin. Last week residents in Launceston Road were mesmerised by the big, bright lights as they stood in their gardens.

One of the witnesses, who did not want to be named, said: "My son was out in the garden and called me to see this large orange light. There was a full moon at the time and I would say it was about a quarter of the size of that.

"As we watched suddenly another one came, followed by another, we saw four in total. We must have been there for about three or four minutes. There was not a sound.

"My son texted his girlfriend and she was in the Berrycoombe area and could see them too.

"We have no idea what it could have been. It was 10pm and so quiet that it couldn't have been an aircraft. I am intrigued to know what it was and if anyone else might have seen something similar."

The witness said the lights travelled across Bodmin Moor towards Liskeard, and said: "I was not sacred, just amazed and I really would like an explanation to what it was. I wish I had got my camera, but at the time I just wanted to watch. If I had gone inside I would have missed it."

No reports were made to the police or to Airwatch, the Neighbourhood Watch of the skies.

External Reference

top topics

join