Story, origin of this symbol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronwen

Probably just a prank. This symbol is very widespread. Just take a look at the backside of a US One Dollar bill.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Asking for an origin or meaning for these perticularly symbols is like asking for a complete history of nearly every culture, religion, fraternity, and philosophical society that has ever existed. The crescent for example is one of the oldest symbols known, dating back over 4000 years. Sun worship and symbolism associated with it or based upon it, has existed since man first began leaving his mark(literally) on the world. Not sure if it was supposed to be seven rays on the sun/star, but unfortunately that wouldn't help much either since the number 7 has also been used heavily over the ages to represent everything from the Pleiades (Sumerian) the the seven days of the week. Coincidently, 7 is my number. The equilateral triangle has been used by countless groups throughout history, and is often used in conjuntion with the Eye of Providence (all seeing eye). In fact all one needs to make an equilateral triangle or an Eye of Providence is a straightedge and a compass. Draw 2 equal, intersecting circles, (the center of which outlines an eye, turned on its side) and use the straightedge to connect the intersection points of the circles to the center point at the top of the upper circle... But I digress. A question about the triangle though. You said that the top is shaded darker than the bottom? Seems strange to me, since the top of the pyramid is typically more "Illuminated". As far as the overall combination of it all, I can't say that I've ever seen this EXACT Configuration used before. Honestly with these symbols, it could have endless meaning and interpretations depending on who you ask, and who they represent. Good luck with your search though, if its legit, it's meaning can be found. By those willing to seek it out.
edit on 14-4-2013 by LucidFusion because: Typo

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

That symbol was made with a PC program/app knownas paints...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join