It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unsolved UFO Mystery of April 18,1962

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yup
And even if it was powered, as I said, a Rocket would break up.
What I am saying is the "Glow" and "Rumble sound" could be that of a Rocket. We kinda ruled out that R-7 thing already. It could even be descending space junk burning up at this point. I now question these reports. Too many inconsistencies.

For example, this Cuba thing bugged me from the get go. No record of that path and it is good that someone pointed out an obvious fact. If Cuba New York was on the Canadian border, far from the flight path, we could discount it.
But it was right there. I would not doubt a military base or tracking station near "Cuba, NY" as well.

I also saw that the electric power plant is next to a lake. My thought was the reflection on the lake made it look like it landed and took off, when in fact it was high above the ground. Depends on the observer, what they were looking at that night and from what vantage point. The lake or the sky. Did they see what they wanted to see?

I saw the VX info a week ago by the way. I am not even going there.

Things that need an explanation is the track. Decending space junk should be coming in from the west . . . not heading to the west. This could mean it was "Fired" in that direction or was flying that way.

Was the "Black out" really Photoelectric sensors being tripped?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

well said Kevin

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Some I had forgotten, there are several Cubas in the US, but as I said before, the name is usually followed by the state name, so I guess Cuba, in this case, is the Republic of Cuba.

Cuba, Alabama
Cuba, Illinois
Cuba, Indiana
Cuba, Kansas
Cuba, Missouri
Cuba, New Mexico
Cuba (town), New York
Cuba (village), New York, in the town of Cuba
Cuba City, Wisconsin
Cuba Township, Minnesota
Cuba Township, Lake County, Illinois

Source

Cuba, Illinois
Cuba, Indiana
Cuba, Kansas
Cuba, Missouri
Cuba, New Mexico

important to note here that all of these listings of Cuba are also in the flight path of the object if it went from Oneida New York to New Mexico where it may have changed it's course to a Northwest track.

there is no reason that i see to make the leap that they were talking about Cuba, New York, especially since there is No indication of that on the paper work.

so nothing has changed as far as the story line and just because some people don't want to believe the UFO landed somewhere near Eureka, Utah does not mean it did not happen.

The Air Force spokesman admitted that the object had landed, and during the 42 minutes that it was on the ground near the power station there was no power, but it was restored when the UFO left. The object was pursued by jet interceptors summoned from Phoenix and Stead Field in Reno until it exploded over the Mesquite Range in Nevada in a brilliant glare that was visible over five states.

www.nicap.org...

this reply was not directed at anyone..just recapping where we are so far.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
some interesting witness descriptions from the Blue Book Files...

here is the Pilots testimony...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've seen the Disclosure Project video and that date sounded famaliar with one of the testimonials given to UFO activity around Nevada. The tracking image shown on your map, I, wonder if it is along the path of secret missile launch areas? Likely Airbase's also.
Anyway, it's long past the time that the people of this planet were given the truth about our intergalactic visitors.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very solid thread of a very interesting case easynow,
strrd and flggd.
You obviously did your research about it very well and therefore I could form me a pretty good picture of what happened then.
It reminded me of a sighting that was done in 1962 by NASA Engineer Paul R Hill [to bad he didn’t mention the month] and I wonder the following.
Can you when you reed it figure out by the names of the places of where he speaks if it could be possible that he saw the same object then?
I am just curious.

Also In 1962 Afternoon Hampton, Virginia , USA NASA Engineer Paul R Hill sights a dirigible-shaped object, about 300 feet long, which cruises at 100 mph below the clouds, then accelerates away soundlessly to 8900 mph.

Soon after passing the area of Fort Wool and Fort Monroe, and when it was about opposite La Salle Avenue, it began to accelerate very rapidly and at the same time to emit a straw-yellow, or pale flame-colored wake or plume,

www.ufodna.com...

When reading the rapport on www.ufocasebook.com...

I saw that some of the witnesses spoke also about “the fiery end to the object” or bright yellow jagged flame coming from the rear “

except for Frank Maggio, who reported the fiery end to the object

A man in Silver City, Utah (name blanked out by air force officers in 1976) claimed that the object was a glowing ball of light about the size of a soccer ball. He said it was white with a yellowish tint and a bright yellow jagged flame coming from the rear (confirming the description of Captain Shields). The unidentified witness claimed:

Regards.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RIPNBYA

I've seen the Disclosure Project video and that date sounded famaliar with one of the testimonials given to UFO activity around Nevada. The tracking image shown on your map, I, wonder if it is along the path of secret missile launch areas? Likely Airbase's also.
Anyway, it's long past the time that the people of this planet were given the truth about our intergalactic visitors.

really ? i don't remember all the details about that video but if you happen to find that part and it is something relevant to this incident i would like to know about it.

10-4 on the disclosure , but it might have to be the Aliens that initiate it because i don't think the Goverment is ever going to admit they have been lying to us all these years. we shall see

thanks for your reply

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

thanks spacevisitor
good post and thank you for that sighting report.

i don't see any specific date on that report you linked to so i will have to see if i can find out more about that.

Virginia is not on the list of States that this object was supposedly tracked and traced over but that doesn't mean the report you linked to is not associated.

the object seen in Virginia could have been spotted earlier on the same day.

even if it wasn't on the same day i still think it's interesting that something similar was spotted the same year ! let me see what i can find out

thanks again and if you got any more like that i want to know about them.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
cool
i found another video on this case

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Excellent I love long well thought out posts!

I’ll go over this and post a reply later good job!

Yes I'm quoting myself.

It has taken me this long to get to and enjoy this thread.
I would S&F again if I could.
Bravo

I love the bit about how this thing was all over the place driving command nuts.

I'm sorry to say I think it was a rock.
No Wait Venus
NO NO it was Swamp gas!

LOL Where is Phage? He would say it's a rock plummeting from the sky or something lame like that.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I love the bit about how this thing was all over the place driving command nuts.

yea it is kinda funny , i bet they were freakin out. of course if it was some kind of Russian secret weapon gone haywire then it's kinda scary

that map looks wacky but since the UFO was reported seen in those states i really couldn't imagine any other flight path that would or could explain it. the only alternative to that would be the UFO was so high up that people in all those States could see it at the same time, but i just don't know.

here is another video about the incident..

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the information of this case. S + F

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Upon reflecting the events of 1962 for political research I decided to post the most interesting that would relate to a "visit from another civilization".

Certainly the events of having mankind to the bring of nuclear destruction, the announcement of a project to put a man on the moon along with several major milestones succeeding in space exploration, the beginning of a war between the two largest nations of our time (China/India), the global communication barriers collapsing, and the realization that new technological 21 first century dawns on humanity bringing technological advances beyond imagination, would signal a good time for "another force" to manifest itself in the global geopolitical game.

Would be a good reason for an alien "ambassador" to throw a small tour de force, appearing from near the Bermuda triangle (also near the place where the nuclear bases that could trigger a nuclear holocaust were at the time being set), doing a scan of major northern US territory (strategic locations), landing near a power plant to disable it and then moving on like nothing happened.
(I don't believe it was downed, either a decoy tactic from the alien ship or propaganda from the military in order to calm the populace in view of the looming US/USSR major confrontation)

All that along with the The Century 21 Exposition World's Fair "space needle".
If you build it, (and you mess things up enough) THEY will come.

en.wikipedia.org...

What happened in 1962:

January 3 – Pope John XXIII excommunicates Fidel Castro

January 9 – Cuba and the Soviet Union sign a trade pact

January 22 – The Organization of American States suspends Cuba's membership

January 26 – Ranger 3 is launched to study the Moon; it later misses the Moon by 22,000 miles

February 3 – The United States embargo against Cuba is announced

February 4–5 – During a new moon and solar eclipse, an extremely rare grand conjunction of the classical planets occurs (it includes all 5 of the naked-eye planets plus the Sun and Moon), all of them within 16° of one another on the ecliptic. At the precise moment of the new moon/solar eclipse, 5 celestial bodies (the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter) are clustered within 3° of each other, with the Earth in close conjunction with them. Taken in totality, this grand conjunction includes the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, with the Earth also in alignment with the Sun and Moon at the exact moment of the new moon/solar eclipse (8 celestial bodies in total).

February 7 – The United States Government bans all U.S.-related Cuban imports and exports

February 10 – Captured American spy pilot Francis Gary Powers is exchanged for captured Soviet spy Rudolf Abel in Berlin

February 12 – Six members of the Committee of 100 of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament are found guilty of a breach of the Official Secrets Act

February 20 – Project Mercury: While aboard Friendship 7, John Glenn becomes the first American to orbit the Earth, three times in 4 hours, 55 minutes

February 23 – Twelve European countries form the European Space Agency

April 14 – A Cuban military tribunal convicts 1,179 Bay of Pigs attackers

April 21 – The Century 21 Exposition World's Fair opens in Seattle, Washington (The space needle!)

en.wikipedia.org...

The Century 21 Exposition (also known as the Seattle World's Fair) was a World's Fair held April 21, 1962, to October 21, 1962 in Seattle, Washington, USA.[1][2] Nearly ten million people attended the fair

The fair was originally conceived in 1955 to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1909 Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition, but it soon became clear that that date was too ambitious. With the Space Race underway and Boeing having "put Seattle on the map"[5] as "an aerospace city",[6] a major theme of the fair was to show that "the United States was not really 'behind' the Soviet Union in the realms of science and space." As a result, the themes of space, science, and the future completely trumped the earlier conception of a "Festival of the [American] West."[5]

In June 1960, the International Bureau of Expositions certified Century 21 as a World's Fair.[7] Project manager Ewen Dingwall went to Moscow to request Soviet participation, but was turned down. The Baltic states (then part of the Soviet Union) were not invited, nor was the People's Republic of China, North Vietnam, or North Korea.[7]

As it happened, the Cold War had an additional effect on the fair. President John F. Kennedy was supposed to attend the closing ceremony of the fair on October 21, 1962. He bowed out, pleading a "heavy cold"; it later became public that he was dealing with the Cuban Missile Crisis.[8]

World of Science
The Federal Science Pavilion (photographed 2006), "a virtual cathedral of science."[23]

The World of Science centered on the United States Science Exhibit. It also included a NASA Exhibit that included models and mockups of various satellites, as well as the Project Mercury capsule that had carried Alan Shepard into space.[27] These exhibits were the federal government's major contribution to the fair.[6][11]

The United States Science Exhibit began with Charles Eames's 10-minute short film The House of Science, followed by an exhibit on the development of science, ranging from mathematics and astronomy to atomic science and genetics. The Spacearium held up to 750 people at a time for a simulated voyage first through the Solar System and then through the Milky Way Galaxy and beyond. Further exhibits presented the scientific method and the "horizons of science." This last looked at "Science and the individual," "Control of man's physical surroundings," "Science and the problem of world population," and "Man's concept of his place in an increasingly technological world.

April 26 – The Ranger 4 spacecraft crashes into the Moon

May 24 – Project Mercury: Scott Carpenter orbits the Earth 3 times in the Aurora 7 space capsule

July 10 – AT&T's Telstar, the world's first commercial communications satellite, is launched into orbit, and activated the next day

July 17 – Nuclear testing: The "Small Boy" test shot Little Feller I becomes the last atmospheric test detonation at the Nevada Test Site

July 23 – Telstar relays the first live trans-Atlantic television signal

August 27 – NASA launches the Mariner 2 space probe

September 2 – The Soviet Union agrees to send arms to Cuba

September 12 – President John F. Kennedy, at a speech at Rice University, reaffirms that the U.S. will put a man on the moon by the end of the decade.

September 21 – A border conflict between China and India erupts into fighting

September 29 – The Canadian Alouette 1, the first satellite built outside the United States and the Soviet Union, is launched from Vandenberg AFB in California

October 10 – The Sino-Indian War, a border dispute involving two of the world's largest nations (India and the People's Republic of China), begins

October 11 – Second Vatican Council: Pope John XXIII convenes the first ecumenical council of the Roman Catholic Church in 92 years

October 14 – Cuban Missile Crisis begins: A U-2 flight over Cuba takes photos of Soviet nuclear weapons being installed. A stand-off then ensues the next day between the United States and the Soviet Union, threatening the world with nuclear war

October 28 – Cuban Missile Crisis: Soviet Union leader Nikita Khrushchev announces that he has ordered the removal of Soviet missile bases in Cuba

November 1 – The Soviets begin dismantling their missiles in Cuba.

November 3 – The term "personal computer" is first mentioned by the media

[edit on 26-8-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
November 20 – The Cuban Missile Crisis ends: In response to the Soviet Union agreeing to remove its missiles from Cuba, U.S. President John F. Kennedy ends the quarantine of the Caribbean nation

November 29 – An agreement is signed between Britain and France to develop the Concorde supersonic airliner

December 2 – Vietnam War: After a trip to Vietnam at the request of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield becomes the first American official to make a non-optimistic public comment on the war's progress

December 8 – The 1962 New York City newspaper strike begins, affecting all of the city's major newspapers; It would last for 114 days

December 14 – U.S. spacecraft Mariner 2 flies by Venus, becoming the first probe to successfully transmit data from another planet

December 22 – "Big Freeze" in Britain: There are no frost-free nights until March 5, 1963

December 24 – Cuba releases the last 1,113 participants in the Bay of Pigs Invasion to the U.S., in exchange for food worth $53 million

Undated

* A Clockwork Orange, written by Anthony Burgess, is published

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

well said Kevin

Yes,very well said.

Theres an interesting comparative list here which follows on from Kevin's comments:

Open-minded skeptics

*Has honest doubt and questions all beliefs, including their own

*Seeks the truth, considers it the highest aim

*Seeks open inquiry and investigation of both sides

*Is nonjudgmental, doesn't jump to rash conclusions

*Weighs evidence on all sides

*Asks exploratory questions about new things to try to understand them

*Acknowledges valid convincing evidence

*Possesses solid sharp common sense

*Is able to adapt and update their paradigms to new evidence

Closed-minded debunkers:

*Automatically dismisses and denies all claims that contradict materialism and orthodoxy

*Is not interested in truth, evidence or facts, only in defending orthodoxy and the status quo

*Ignores anything that doesn't fit their a priori beliefs and assumptions

*Scoffs and ridicules their targets instead of providing solid arguments and giving honest consideration

*Has a know-it-all-attitude, never asks questions about things they don't understand, never admits that they don't know something

*Insists that everything unknown and unexplained must have a conventional materialistic explanation

*Is judgmental and quick to draw conclusions about things they know little or nothing about

*Uses semantics and word games with their own rules of logic to try to win arguments

*Is unable to adapt and update their paradigms to new evidence

Cheers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join