It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to be... born a vampire?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
reply to post by ZikhaN

The only things I find interesting are the "myths" that have a reasonable amount of proof to suggest there might be something worth investigating.

Can you tell me what evidence there is of vampires? Or werewolves?

Apart from effing books...

Amount of "proof" doesn't really matter, because there is never solid proof. It's usually just a story, or a crappy video.

Cryptozoology is always myths even if there are 1000 crappy videos to "support" it.

Not saying it's not interesting though;D

[edit on 26-1-2009 by ZikhaN]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Imho,vampire-threads should be completely banned from the forum for various reasons.One of the most realistic ones would be that they're a waste of space.

Actually i'll give it some thought and i might speak to the mods about this.

PS:I know that what i said i sound like a jerk but if i wanted popularity i'd ask from my dentist to "sharpen" my fangs,i'd wear a long coat and i'd start talking with sentences that actually make no sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Well, just like anyother topic that is considered controversial, who are you to say what can and can not be discussed? So, if you think that ghosts and the paranormal are total BS, are you going to request the MODS remove those posts as well because you are the almighty one who knows all?

Any discussion that revolves around something you don't believe in... stay away from. I personally like reading these vampire threads. I wish there were more. It doesn't matter what you believe, its interesting to read others point of views. Isn't that was a "discussion forum" is all about?

So instead of belitting what others like to read and talk about, go to your own personal threads and stay out of ours.

[edit on 1/27/2009 by Beege24]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

It'd be nice if you wouldn't hurry so much to reply.

Have you read everything i posted in this thread?*sigh* Even if you will now,i'm pretty sure you'll just keep going so you wont have to make a step back.

Anyway,this thread is only 3 pages long and you could read em.Next time do that and try to understand what someone says.

Take care.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Actually... I have read your posts in this thread. Both of them before this last one you just posted. I was not "quick to reply". I read what you wrote and I decided to respond. I agree that there are MANY misleading people on here and just about any web site you can go to these days. It's to be expected. What I do not agree with is trying to ban a particular topic just because it not something you like or it's something you feel isn't worth discussing.

I find certain things fascinating, and others things I find just completely off the wall and ludicrous. I choose to not enter a thread or read on the topic of the things I find off the wall or ludicrous. If I do stumble onto a thread that makes my scratch my head and think 'what the heck is wrong with these people', I leave and don't return.

The only reason I am continuing to post here is the fact that the topic interests me. I'm not one to jump up and say I believe in vampires. I'm a skeptic. It doesn't mean I don't want to read about, discuss, and partake in a conversation that I find interesting. Whose to say that vampires don't exist? Whose to say that God doesn't exist? There are many things we believe in that we have never actually seen with our eyes... why not entertain the possibility?

The fact is... if you are not intelligent enough to see that a 13 year old posting that he/she is a vamp. and is needing host blood for survival, is just role playing to the extreme, or is seriously delusional, then maybe this site isn't for you. You have weed out the children and the crazies! If someone on here wants to meet one of these so called vamps, then they are down right stupid. But why close the discussion all together? Obviously people are interested in this and they WANT to discuss it. Just let it be. I'm not trying to be rude to you or anyone else, I'm just stating that we all have a right to discuss whatever topics interest us, so why not vampires?

Hey, there could be a major government conspiracy that is hiding that fact that vampires exist and they are helping to control the population. Or better yet... maybe Osama Bin Laden is the head of the "Vampires against Americans" and is ready to attack us all by sucking the life out of us next. Think about how crazy THAT sounds! It doesn't mean that SOMEONE won't think it's plausible.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xxmeganxx

Short answer: NO.

Vampires are "undead." You are alive. Ask your doctor.

p.s.: There are no vampires.

In the daylight.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Alright, I'm a Dragon.

Disprove that.

You're a Vamp, so why don't we get together and create Vampire Dragons!

If ya get ma drift

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I see your point, I actually remember reading somewhere about the "invisible Dragon"

And here is the link to it!

The Dragon In My Garage

It's pretty good, but doesn't mean I believe in Vampires or anything now.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No its not possible to be born a vampire and as much as I am sure you and many other people will be devastated to hear this its also NOT possible to ever become a vampire. Dont get caught up in the current hype of movies and books and get about with life.
p.s your eyes are awesome haha

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

I think the only reason you're here is just to find something to argue.
You say you read my previous post,you said that you weren't hasty to reply but still,you're doing the same thing.

You even typed a whole text-wall,a huge ranting which has nothing to say with what i'm talking about.You only were on-subject in this line: "I agree that there are MANY misleading people on here and just about any web site you can go to these days. It's to be expected." But still i don't think you actually get what i'm talking about. Other than that,you're responding on something that i haven't even said. (allthough indeed,i do find the idea of real vampires ridiculus)

I'm really against the idea of adding people in the ignore-list and against that list itself.Stop trolling,seriously.

Instead of doing the same mistake for a 3rd time,please,re-read what i've said.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
xxmeganxx,i know you want comments about only what you wanna hear but in these forums that aint gonna happen.

Many of those "vampires" are just using this cool fantasy for their own needs (make a cult,find a gf/bf,look cool and so many other things).

Agreed. As I stated before, you have to be intelligent enough to weed out the children and the crazies.

A user here even said that you shouldn't tell your parents about this...?!
Let me tell you something,parents sometimes can be wrong,some other times can be way wrong but under normal conditions,they just look out for you.Do you really think that you can trust a stranger...?
See,there are some people who are doing just this very thing.They cut away teenagers by their parents and at the same time they're trying to make em trust them.

Yes... following the advice of a complete stranger over the internet is foolish. I can't argue that so I won't even try. However, perhaps she is hoping to find someone who may be going through the same things she is going through. I think she should confide in someone she trusts, and not rely on the "kindness" of strangers to help her out here.

Btw,could you do me a favor?Check around the "vamp threads".There are a few ppl who claim they are really vampires.Count how many they are and then count how many of them are either giving away their emails so they can "pass on their magic,supernatural secrets" or they're "offering" some other kind of communication.Then,if you have some spare time,think about it.

I have actually perused the other vampire posts here. I have come across the posts that you are describing here, but I have also found some rather intriguing posts from people claiming to be vamps that are doing nothing else other than answering question upon question that other posts are asking of him/her. There are no misleading emails or other things that you speak of. Some of these posts are amazing in detail and if read again and again, there are no contradictions. Most of the posts are explaing how difficult it is and how they did not choose this lifestyle and no one should ever WANT it. I'm not saying I believe them, they could be a very skilled story teller, but it is still very fascinating.

Also,you could also think about these things reasonably.Why in earth someone like that would spend even a minute in front of a silly screen instead of being "out there"??
And why they'd be Oh! so willing to share their secrets with strangers who met in the internet?

Why are YOU in front of your silly screen on ATS? Apparently vampires have all of eternity to be bored, so why not indulge us? Maybe they want the truth behind the myths out in the open behind the anonymity of the internet. (Again.. I'm just playing devils advocate here)

Last but not least,if you'll choose to buy those things,if anything wrong happens to you blame noone but yourself.

Agreed.

Imho,vampire-threads should be completely banned from the forum for various reasons.One of the most realistic ones would be that they're a waste of space.

PS:I know that what i said i sound like a jerk but if i wanted popularity i'd ask from my dentist to "sharpen" my fangs,i'd wear a long coat and i'd start talking with sentences that actually make no sense.

This is the post that made me respond to you. YOU feel they are a waste of space, others feel they are a chance to discuss something that they are interested in. Why should the MODS ban them just because you find it waste of space? Others don't feel that way. That is my ONLY arguement here. I'm not disagreeing with much of what you said... I just feel that all threads that pose an interest to anyone should be allowed to stay. Is that so terrible?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
reply to post by Beege24

I think the only reason you're here is just to find something to argue.
You say you read my previous post,you said that you weren't hasty to reply but still,you're doing the same thing.

My ONLY arguement here is that I don't agree that the topic should be banned. I DID read all your posts, but you were missing the point I was trying to make.

You even typed a whole text-wall,a huge ranting which has nothing to say with what i'm talking about.You only were on-subject in this line: "I agree that there are MANY misleading people on here and just about any web site you can go to these days. It's to be expected." But still i don't think you actually get what i'm talking about. Other than that,you're responding on something that i haven't even said. (allthough indeed,i do find the idea of real vampires ridiculus)

Yes.. I posted a rather long rant. I'm a writer, I love to express myself. My responce was to you wanting to contact the MODS and have this topic banned. Even though people are going to lie, exagerate, and offer stupid things to stupid people, there are still some rather interesting theorys out there about vampires. I never once disagreed with your advice for the young lady who started this thread. But what you DID say was that you wanted to talk to the MODS about banning vampire threads. See your quote below...

You can't deny that you want to see these threads gone. You even go so far as to mock the readers of this thread assuming they are role playing. That wasn't very nice.

I'm really against the idea of adding people in the ignore-list and against that list itself.Stop trolling,seriously.

Instead of doing the same mistake for a 3rd time,please,re-read what i've said.

I quoted everything so that you can see each one of my responses in order of your post. If you feel the need to ignore me, I'm sorry for that. I'm not trying to annoy you or be rude to you. If you feel that way, I apologize.

Trolling? That is an interesting way to decribe this discussion. *To Troll: Fish with a hook and line drawn through the water.* Well done! I get the anology you are using. It seems to be a rather popular term on message boards. My intent was not to "troll" on this discussion. That is why I took your advice and I re-read what you wrote for a 3rd time and chose to quote you point by point.

I just think it isn't fair for you to decide what topics are and what topics are not worth discussing on this board. THAT is my only arguement with you. Nothing else. I respect your views on the matter, and I agree with most of them. I hope this cleared up any misconceptions you had about me or my posts.

Have a great week!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

I think a lot of people are just starting to get frustrated at the number of vampire threads, There are currently 5 active ones, and that's pretty insane.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

Ok,you are polite so i'll just make myself more clear.
With what i've said in my first post i also was talking about pervs who like targeting young,gullible girls and most of the time they're using interesting things like,vampires,magic,cults and who knows what else.

If a subject,any subject is just plain silly then fine but i wouldn't like to see our community,where we all come to exhange opinions and ideas on so many subjects,"hosting" (without wanting it offcourse) people like that.

About this: One of the most realistic ones would be that they're a waste of space. first,i want to correct myself "One of the most practical ones".After that,well,i do see it as a waste of space since there's no basis to start a convo about vampires.
I know,i know,there are many myths but still,a myth doesn't really mean anything.There are endless myths on this planet for almost everything.I don't think we should start considering them all as possible.

Btw,i agree that some descriptions and stories of some users can be very fascinating but i can't help but be suspicious when the do it here instead of,let's say,the "grey area" and also when i read "this is my email if you want to know more" and other similar things.

Oh,btw...!"...mock the readers of this thread assuming they are role playing." I'd never do that...i used to roleplay myself (vampire-style,"VTM",pen and paper) and i'm thinking to start again online this time (VTM again).
I was describing the wanna-be's.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
*clears throat* Ok........your a vampire...........does that make u happy? If it were true, the real question is what will you do next O_O!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Don't try dinking blood, unless if it takes like choclate then I approve. Altough if you do I can guarantee you will get sick.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Oh come on... vampires? I didn't know this # existed on ATS. Close your Stephanie Meyer novels.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe you should open your mind to the prospect of a group of individuals that call themselves vampires for a reason that is half-way decent.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Haha some girl once asked me if I was a vampire because I have really sharp canines. Seriously though, you are not a vampire because if you were you would know you were. You are just some girl who is realizing that you are not all that special. Just like the rest of us found out a long time ago. I would chalk it up to reading too many vampire novels.

Wow that seems harsh...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
May I ask a question to the Vampire Skeptics here?

Why are you all regarding your theories on this Stefanie Meyer person, or Anne Rice? Yes, I have Anne Rices books, not read Ms Meyers books and never plan to.
Yes - sarcasm is a form of wit, but no offence, it doesn't brush with me. I actually find it quite insulting that some of you blame others for their infactuations with Vampires on the current Novels/Films that are out. I understand you need something to support your arguments as to why Vampires don't and can't exist - but try not to sound so demeening when you do it by using examples like that.
I personally can't prove if they do or don't, but for now, to me, their myth remains a mystery, and I'll carry on enjoying my research, even if there is a dead end (no pun intended!), and I am in fact proved wrong, at least it's like a hobby I can enjoy on the quiet. I'll be happy enough, I won't cry if they're not real.

As to the threads though, yes, there are too many, and people are starting up unnecessary threads, they could just add to another. I was thinking about this the past few days and I do think a few could be deleted. Wastes bandwidth, doesn't it?

Just my few pence, don't shoot me, just my honest opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join