It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to be... born a vampire?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One thing you need to remember is that in historical terms, there has never been a mythical creature or being with unexplained abilities resembelling our ideas of vampires.

The term vampire come from people/persons in the past that simply kills people and drinks there blood no real version of a light sensative super human abilities no flying or turning to bats.

If you really want answers to your problems get a new doctor or if you are really concerned go to a Genetic Psychologist they will review large amounts of data from a number of tests and give you the answers you want.

To answer your question can someone be born a vampire what you are really asking is can someone be born a mentally deranged person with the tendency to commit murder the answer to your question is yes.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
One thing you need to remember is that in historical terms, there has never been a mythical creature or being with unexplained abilities resembelling our ideas of vampires.

The term vampire come from people/persons in the past that simply kills people and drinks there blood no real version of a light sensative super human abilities no flying or turning to bats.

If you really want answers to your problems get a new doctor or if you are really concerned go to a Genetic Psychologist they will review large amounts of data from a number of tests and give you the answers you want.

To answer your question can someone be born a vampire what you are really asking is can someone be born a mentally deranged person with the tendency to commit murder the answer to your question is yes.

So in other words, you are counting out both Lilith aswell as St. Germain? Ofcourse, Germain was likely not a Vampire, but he was indeed a historical person and indeed unusally longlived.

Labeling people that in the old days would have been called Vampires "Mentally disturbed" is a very, very dangerous thing, and unless the stater of such clames have evidence to back those up, then the best thing is to not make claims as such. Pretty much in the same go as labeling people with speciall knowledge in Healing and rituals as "Witches".

Real Life Vampires don't go around murdering people. Those people that have been portrated doing so in the Media, have not done so because of Vampirism, but because those people have been very disturbed individuals in the true term. Actually, generally speaking, most Real Life Vampires are often more peaceful then the average Human, which -fortunately- more and more people nowadays begin to realise.

Vampires turning into bats or other animals, is just silly stuff invented by Bram Stoker, with absolutely no basis on the actual legends from history, which didn't even necesserily described the Vampire as drinking blood.

I can recommend reading the works done by Professor Stephen Kaplan in this case, for those wishing to learn more about Real Life Vampires. He was the first person to seriously investigate people that claimed to be Vampires, and even started a research-Center just for that topic specifically.

Good Day.

*Bows and walks out*

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xxmeganxx

im a hybrid both vampire and werewolf and i was born one and not to be rude if i may ask the one who made this trend plz tell me your age so that if you tink your a vampire or born one and if your a girl at 15 you start to turn and will be diffrant (a test is if u can run super fast like faster then a car then u know that ur a vamp and if d dont know this site that good so i dont know if u can talk to peaple in privet in this) as i can till ur starting to turn into a vamp and ask a very close friend if u could have so blood and if it tast beter then eny human food u have had then u r starting to become a vamp. as a hybrid i know wat happens to use peaple will track use dowm so make sure the peaple u tell wont turn u in

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xxmeganxx

Traditionally you are bitten by a vampire, though I am unsure if your mother was bitten that the essence may or may not be passed through the placenta. You are after all drinking her blood.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

What evidence is there of "Vampires"???

They are a story, made up by someone a very long time ago!

Do I think there's a different world, filled with talking animals and an Ice queen, and a Talking Lion in my wardrobe??!

NO! Because it's a ruddy FICTIONAL STORY!

This has got to stop Mods, please!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Guys, if you wanna be vampires and werewolfs go and play RPG's. I played lots of cowboy and indians. That was the trend back then. So you see. Whatever is in at the movies. And turn off that bloody telly and get some fresh air. Arggghhh...this is soooooo stupid.

P.S. can't beleive I replied to this thread....aaaarrrrggghhh again!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Psst.... it was around a VERY long time before him. He was called Vlad the IMPAILER because he put so many people to death by torture.

To the rest:

Vampirism (as you call it) is a disease its not a bunch of blood suckers!

The blood is not white or even red its BLACK from lack of oxygen and we have extremely low blood pressure. ( the living dead tale)

We have to make sure to get HIGH amounts of protiens and vitamins.If we get to hot or to cold we get sick and almost pass out or go comatose and have seizures that can kill us by stopping our hearts.

I have had over 2 dozen heart attacks from it and am only 38. Three times they said I was dead, one of those times they had gone as far as to sign my death certificate.

I have never once in my life tried to suck someone dry and frankly the thought makes me want to puke!

When I am not having problems with my blood pressure dropping to low I can have lightning fast reflexes. But not having the blood pressure tank is rare.

Before any one brings up the eyes thing our eyes do change color often, its not some freak ability its from chemical reactions in the body from the condition.
No we are not all stark white, I have been known to get sun burnt!

That blood sucking crap came from many dark magik rituals of the past/present in which the people would drain the blood of the victim and bathe or soak in it to remain young...yeah idiots I know.

that is all carry on ....

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

I'm not saying I believe in vampires, but I'm not saying I don't either. The stories about vampires have been around for centuries in all cultures. To some, it's a myth, and to others its a challenge to find fact behind the stories.

If you can't believe in something you have never seen, would you consider yourself an Athiest? How about the paranormal? Just because you have never experienced it, doesn't mean the possibility doesn't exist.

Movies and TV will always cause a rise in the curiosity of the subject matter, but is that so terrible? It doesn't mean that those people are looking for the exact confirmation of what they may or may not have seen on the big screen. Maybe they just realized that the possibilty exits. Why not explore it? If you find fault in that why come to this board in the first place? Just to pass judgement? That doesn't seem very nice. Move on and don't read the posts if you don't like what others have to say.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would say:

- First, go see a doctor, there are a number of illness that can cause this and you need to really know what's up with you, specially because of the light thing.

- Second, vampires are not based on a story someone wrote a hundred years ago, it goes back way more than that, and it is based on Porphyria, which a lot of people had in the past, including several famous people, kings and others, so it is not really unknown where all the vampire stories come from.

- Third, your eyes are really cool, one of my best friends also has eyes like this, they change color and start looking really weird on the light, she also has very extremely white skin, i don't think this is really weird, but you go and see a doctor about all these things, because it is better to know than to suffer the consequences later on.

And stop the attacks please, what is it you gain by doing that?

Me

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You have nothing to worry of my dear your just different compared to most humans.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I blame the light and good reflexes.

If you are seriously considering this, maybe you have seen too much Twilight.
And somebody in this thread may tell you to go see a psychiatrist. It may be a good idea, just because of questionable identity problems and whatnot.

Vampires are just as real as mummies.

Not be an asshole but I seriously agree with this;D

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
xxmeganxx,i know you want comments about only what you wanna hear but in these forums that aint gonna happen.

Many of those "vampires" are just using this cool fantasy for their own needs (make a cult,find a gf/bf,look cool and so many other things).

A user here even said that you shouldn't tell your parents about this...?!
Let me tell you something,parents sometimes can be wrong,some other times can be way wrong but under normal conditions,they just look out for you.Do you really think that you can trust a stranger...?
See,there are some people who are doing just this very thing.They cut away teenagers by their parents and at the same time they're trying to make em trust them.

Btw,could you do me a favor?Check around the "vamp threads".There are a few ppl who claim they are really vampires.Count how many they are and then count how many of them are either giving away their emails so they can "pass on their magic,supernatural secrets" or they're "offering" some other kind of communication.Then,if you have some spare time,think about it.

Also,you could also think about these things reasonably.Why in earth someone like that would spend even a minute in front of a silly screen instead of being "out there"??
And why they'd be Oh! so willing to share their secrets with strangers who met in the internet?

Last but not least,if you'll choose to buy those things,if anything wrong happens to you blame noone but yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

couldnt have said it better myself...props

heres a link though, interesting to say the least..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The key tell in knowing if youre a vampire is to drive a wooden steak through your heart. You can usually find them at Van Helsing's Wood Emporium.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

I don't believe in Vampires because they originated from stories!

I have nothing else to add to this pointless thread which to be quite frank, should be closed.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
reply to post by Beege24

I don't believe in Vampires because they originated from stories!

I have nothing else to add to this pointless thread which to be quite frank, should be closed.

Er... I hi there, I'm a Cyclops and I was wondering if I can
join the party? My friend... well, he's a Centaur called Harold,
well he's a little shy, but I'll try to get him to 'hoof' his ideas on
the site.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

Doesn't cryptozoology practically revolve around stories and myths?;D

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

The only things I find interesting are the "myths" that have a reasonable amount of proof to suggest there might be something worth investigating.

Can you tell me what evidence there is of vampires? Or werewolves?

Apart from effing books...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't know about vampires and the like, but your reflexes could be a result of adrenaline. As a waiter there are times when I am bringing out food to my guests and a french fry falls off, I think "oh sh^t!" and grab it our of the air, but i throw it away so its a wasted effort.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Vampires are real mates, just not what you think they are. Although there are diseases that cause common house signs, they are generally false. Vampires are just as variable as humans if not more due to their... evolution. To say they just drink blood for sustenance is a lie only the fanatics of their people do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join