It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Bathroom Door Handles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
For a few months now I've developed a quirk that leaves me incapable of I'll typically grab a piece of paper towel and drop it in the garbage can afterwards or if need be, use the sleeve of my shirt.

Yep I do the same thing. Why bother washing my hands if Im going to recontaminate them with someones elses................

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by _Phoenix_

Can it be one of those very large ones that doesn't really have a door? Just a huge open doorway built with a bit of a hallway so nobody can see in. And automatic everything!

How about an automatic sliding door?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Am I a nut-job, or does anyone else do this? Or are we all just nut-jobs?

I personally always grab an extra paper towel just for that purpose...don't blame you one bit.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
How about an automatic sliding door?

Now that's a bathroom I could feel at home with.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This thread makes me feel like such an uncivilized brute.

But it's also charmingly hilarious...in a sweet concientious way.

Oh, I'm a fastidious washer, no doubt....but I'm also a jeans wiper when the paper dispenser isn't responding or those darn blow driers are in service (too loud!) and tempt the hand of death by grabbing the door without a moments hesitiation...

Although it's probably wise to wipe the plunger/handle on those old industrial models in the Ladies Loo - I confess I'm one of those uncouth sorts who depresses it with the bottom of my boot instead of my hand.

*slightly mortified and embarassed about that in retrospect*

Btw - my boots are rather clean in those instances. Not mud caked, like I prefer them, but....that's another tale in and of itself.

One last thing. I do NOT act this way in "proper establishments" or high scale funtions. I can be a proper lady, but those black tie affairs are few and far between at the moment.

[edit on 1/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hmm, let's see:

32 members posting on this thread, of which 8 are staff members. That's 25%.
Of the remaining 24 members, 5 carry the 'fighter' tag. That's 21%.

Is that proportional to the general ATS demographic? Hmm, I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Update your stats. Here's a comment from another 'fighter.'

My policy is 'Flush with the foot, turn off the faucet with a paper towel, and open the door with clothing.' On top of being OCD my mother programmed me from birth that public bathrooms = evil.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I was visiting a friend at university a few years ago when I was first informed of the "foot flush". I don't know, just seems easier to swipe a square and flush with that over the hand and then just drop it in the bowl.

If there is no toilet-paper, I'll resort to the foot flush.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

But I just posted to let y'all know I think you're a bit wacky

Although I do admit to being a little bothered by the "toilet flushing spreads particles up to 6 feet away" statistic

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Is it not a measure of one's intelligence to be able to carry an extended, intelligent discussion on the most ridiculous of topics?

If it wasn't, it is now.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I don't know, just seems easier to swipe a square and flush with that over the hand and then just drop it in the bowl.

That could work, too. Just use more than one square. If not, the handle could be wet and the water could seep through. Just the thought of that germ-ridden water-on-metal so frequently found on public handles and faucets gives me the heebie jeebies.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Too late, you have been statistically categorized as one of us now. Deny it all you want.

25% and growing (thanks Ashley)!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Is it not a measure of one's intelligence to be able to carry an extended, intelligent discussion on the most ridiculous of topics?

Yes it is

But to fear germs, or even think about them as much as this thread indicates? I don't think it's intelligence that's being evidenced

Of course, I may be biased, since I touch door handles yet consider myself to be pretty bright.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Oh I'd be grabbing more than one square. I just said one in the off chance that Sheryl Crow was reading.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Of course! And in the absence of paper towels, be sure to turn on the electric hand dryer with your elbow.

People might think we're all crazy but at least we're clean, crazy people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join