It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Bathroom Door Handles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well if that isn't just playing with fire, Viking... I believe the solution is described by not encapsulation, but by alignment and a stable coupling seal.

Hmm this conversation is getting so Below top secret that is somehow should be Above...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Rush enters the thread........

ick

Rush leaves the thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have been guity of putting a pollywaffle into the bowl...in the ladies...as a joke!
And I stand at the sink washing my hands...watching ladies come in...
they go to that cubical...gasp...at first glance...and leave in disgust!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

No issues at all. I work in a hospital and they teach you how to wash your hands and what you say is exactly right. Good practice, and will keep you healthy.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
And my friends always tell me I think too much

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

If you think the door handles are bad, think about the facet. Yuk! And after you wash your hands make sure to have grabbed the extra paper towel to shut it off, and one for the door on your way out, cause ya know... the last guy didn't think of none of that!

And...it's o.k. not to touch the toilet handle. Really it is.

If your really micro bacterial concious, the hands get washed on the way in as well as the way out. And then that opens a whole new can of worms. Because there you are touching the fuggly facet first... more paper towels. And then-oh geez, the little handle on the paper towel dispenser-better to sacrifice a forearm to a bruise than touch what who knows who didn't even vaguely think about handling before they went around sharing it with everyone.

Oh gosh.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

normal as, people in my office do it all the time. Just better hygiene, its a shared facility and you dont want to spread/receive any germs.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What about the billion germs floating in the air that you can't even see? All of you are nut jobs. Just live and die like everyone else.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I use my sleeves to pull the door open, or my foot to push the door open. Works just fine

I've seen so many people not washing their hands after number 1 an even 2 and then they touch the handle.

Sometimes the handle feels greasy and very dirty.

I avoid it at all costs haha.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
In a public restroom, I use my foot to flush the toilet, toilet paper on the seat,
paper to open the door, if there is none, again I use my foot to open the door.

I'm guilty of doing this too haha this is jokes.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
You're not alone. Toilet paper on the seat (at home as well this one), toilet paper to flush and open the handle of the stall door, and paper to open the main door. Hand washing, being careful to only touch the very end of the taps where not many people touch.

Wow, it kinda seems weird when I type it out.

Don't judge me.

Please.

Yes sounds weird, but it comes very natural and it's very quick that it doesn't enter your mind much when you do these things.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yeah im pretty sure there are quite a few people that do this

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Good hygiene at it's best I say. I think that the above responses are not only normal but in fact realistic.

Using a paper towel to touch places that probably are infested with god knows what is a good practice, something that I do regularly.

If everyone did that restrooms would be a far better place to have to visit.

Course you could always bring a can of Lysol in with ya everywhere you go just in case

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
When I'm outside my house, I generally try not to touch ANYTHING with my hands. I press elevator buttons with my knuckle, etc. When I am done washing my hands in a public bathroom, I use my wrist to close the knob, and I have a piece of papertowl ready to push the handle of the papertown box to push out one more papertowl to open the door, use my foot to hold it while I throw it away. I never see anyone else do it, but here I am in a thread with a bunch of people just like me

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's comforting to know we're not alone in this, isn't it?

I slip from time to time and touch something I wish I hadn't, but I'll find myself thinking about it. And in thinking of it, I begin to question my sanity. So yeah, I'm comforted in knowing I'm not alone in this.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe we should all get together and build our very own private bathroom! ............Or maybe not...haha

[edit on 27-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Can it be one of those very large ones that doesn't really have a door? Just a huge open doorway built with a bit of a hallway so nobody can see in. And automatic everything!

Our little neurosis can be put to rest.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
although hyper cleanliness can lead to a weaker immune system and more potent virul out breaks.

still though cleanliness is next to godliness

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Can it be one of those very large ones that doesn't really have a door? Just a huge open doorway built with a bit of a hallway so nobody can see in. And automatic everything!

Our little neurosis can be put to rest.

Haha I love those ones. I feel like I'm in a future toilet.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join