It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Bathroom Door Handles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Edit to add: And quite frankly wouldn't be such a big deal if you gentlemen didn't have such terrible aim.

And this from someone that shoots from point blank range....Hmmmm

Asala has the right idea. There are a number of products on the market these days in convenient carry size packages.
We have for in our baby bags for nappy changes but I know of alot of people that carry them for general use.
My cousin is the worse germophobe I know and is never far from her bottle. She wont even go Bowling due to other people fingers having been in the balls.....

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
People who carry and use those little containers of hand-poison really annoy me. How inconsiderate! Sure, people always have germs on their hands, to some extent, and you should wash your hands regularly. But those people instead wipe out 99.9% of the harmless bacteria with their poison, leaving a competition-free breeding ground for the poison-resistant remainder of really potentially-dangerous infection! Thanks a lot, carriers. Best to avoid physical contact / handshaking with these people; their on-skin bacteria are 10x more virulent than the normal person's.

Only partly kidding.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I do it too. You have to assume that no one besides you washes their hands. I don't even touch the handle at work.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Those hand-sanitizers are primairily ethyl/isopropyl alcohol, the other ingredients make up the gel-like substance that is simply to bind the alcohol in the gel state and have nothing to do with antispetic properties. So not part of the resistance problem, I would think.

There are culprits in the creation of reistant strains, but I believe they are more along the lines of anti-bacterial soaps (proven less effective than traditional soap btw) nano-silver, and other nano-pharma stuff that is finding its way into clothing etc. And of course mis-use of antibiotics.

BTW, I meant to add the other day ALWAYS FLUSH THE TOILET WITH THE LID DOWN AFTER A POOPING! They recently did a study and found that anywhere within 6 feet of the john is completely covered and contaminated with fecal bacteria if you don't. Think about that... toothbrushes, countertops, faucet handles, etc.

Have a good day!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
here's how it works for me.
enter the bathroom
unravel the paper towel
wash my hands
dry
turn off water holding paper towel
do my business
unravel the paper towel
wash my hands
dry
use paper towel
turn off water holding paper towel
open door with paper towel
toss papertowel in trash, foot holding door open

simply put, my hand is dirtier than the frank and beans. I wake up, shower, put on my boxers, my pants and leave. The little fella is sheltered from the harsh environment until I unzip so, odds are, my hands are dirtier, thus I wash first.

and then I wash again, just in case.

and now, all of you who thought you had a germ issue, will think "I need to do what he's doing" or you will realize what you are doing serves little or no purpose and you will no longer be so anal about the handle of a door.

sad nasty truth, the seat of a nyc taxi cab has more disgusting germs and fecal matter on it than the toilet seat (middle stall) I use when the need arises. (toilet paper doth cover the ring - my butt shall not touch unsavory plastics). money is filthy. all door handles are filthy. the elevator buttons are petri dishes. there are germs everywhere. the key is that you need to confine your phobia to avoid becoming a total nutcase.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have the gift....like Rush...
I can enter a public place without touching any doors....

And as far as using the seat...this does not happen...
I just kangaroo it....term used in oz!
Involves hovering over seat ,in a kangaroo posistion!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Crakeur's post jogged a memory from a recent Mythbuster's episode.

They analyzed the kitchen floor, bathroom floor, toilet seat and other spots in the house for amount of bacteria. The toilet seat is typically the cleanest spot in a house. They were testing the "five second rule" for when food hits the floor. Kitchen floors were typically filthy, bathroom floors a little bit but less than the kitchen, and the toilet seat almost clean of any bacteria.

Since authoring this thread the other day, I find myself more aware.

I was just down my local gym and all the urinals were in use so I went into a stall. After using the bathroom, I found myself using a piece of toilet paper of the hand to flush, open the door to the stall and to turn the tap on and off as I washed my hand. I was conscious of how I looked to people around me but I really didn't care.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Have you ever considered the germs...on trains and buses?
Sometimes it gets a bit hard to travel standing up on a train or bus....
you end up having to hold on at some point!

And don't mention, toilets on trains....I was desperate once...went to the door,but the stench almost made me vomit....so I crossed my legs and waited....!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
(middle stall)

Logical. But my curiosity is piqued - what is the source of this particular wisdom?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bekonabroom

when I was younger I mastered the art of the cup urinal. crowded bars, clubs, concerts, trains (if you're sitting) etc. the hard part is the disposal but it sure beats the wait, the stench and the risk of accidentally touching something and having to lop the appendage.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This thread is not helping at all...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I was thinking the exact same.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I have friend with a talent similar to your cup urinal....he uses a empty beer bottle....disposal, is much easier....looks like a warm beer....
just hope that nobody ever drinks it!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

nothing to do with this thread but, if chissler will forgive me, I'll give a quick answer.

after 5 years on this floor, I have chosen the middle stall and will not use either stall if the middle one is in use. the first stall door is the one everyone always tries to use so you don't want that one and, when I first moved here, the lock was broken so you ran the risk of having someone bust in on you. the third stall would be the optimum choice, least likely to be startled mid-poop by a slam on the door as some overanxious knucklehead tried to enter without the courtesy foot check but this stall is a bit narrower than the other two and the seat is loose, giving the chance of accidental bowl touching a higher probability.

thus it's middle stall or depends for me.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You know peeps, there's a really simple workaround for all these issues which I use ...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Sdog...I don't want to ask....but ,Ooops have you?

Looks nasty Sdog.....!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I'm going to push the limits of good taste here and state that the for this one time, I can honestly say, I'm bigger than that.

I've done the snapple bottle while in traffic but a beer bottle? that opening is too damned small

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

"I'm wearing them, and I just did!"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I've done the snapple bottle while in traffic but a beer bottle? that opening is too damned small

Let's not even discuss the perils of the beer can.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join