It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Stimulus Plan to Create 3.5 Million Jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You know what....I am convinced. You make very good sense in your argument and I can not help but end with agreeing with you.

Protecting and improving our currency and financial situation before taking on any more expenses obviously seems like the safest and most logical approach the solving this / these problems.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I must admit, I don't know a bloody thing about economics. At least not formally. 4 years ago I started paying attention when the cost of living in Las Vegas shot up 50 percent in two years...I wondered why. And the knowledge I come to you with now is the result of answering those questions myself.

The answers are in the free-market, not in the Bush Admin doctrine of handing money that isn't his to friends, and telling us it's for our own good.
I got so angry watching McCain during the election season talk about wealth redistribution when Bush had just finished passing massive private debt into public hands and calling it a necessary move. There is only so much BS the people can take before they break.

It's great you and I agree, but the people that matter won't be reading this thread and that's the part that scares me the most.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My question is if every man, woman and child divided up equally owes $30,000 a piece when it comes to the $Trillions$ of dollars for the National debt how will the debt be paid off in the future? With all the debt each individual owes in their personal life on top of the National debt how in the world will the debt ever be paid off even with 3.5 new jobs created?

Will the world quit buying our debt and what follows is the collapse of the dollar? If so how long do we have before no one believes in the U.S. dollar as the leader in international currency? Will our country experience hyperinflation and massive devaluation of the dollar if our economy continues to falture?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The article doesn't mention how many of those 3.5 million jobs will be offshored by companies looking to save money because of the economy.

Okay, so the jobs are created, but what good are they if they go to someone calling himself "Fred" in Mumbai?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well Animal you have not clue then how it works when it comes to public works do you? At least here in GA

See in this day and time of bid contracts the city open its doors for contractors when they wants to do public works.

This contractors when win the contracts are Private then they go around and pick illegal workers to work for them, saving themselves a lot of money.

Perhaps you should take a look again in your state when you go around and see who is doing the construction and the road works.

BTW my first job here in GA was with a lawyer that specialized on immgrants rights.

And many complain that he worked with was from contractors and workers injuries that many illegals will get and then were left in the streets with no money and jobs because their jobs were paid under the table.

GA is very lax when it comes to illegal workers.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How does no one see that the solution to our problem is sitting inside our country already. Obama says he needs to create jobs? Well then why doesnt he hire a ton of border patrol, and agents to hunt down illegal aliens, and entirely eradicate them from our country until only the legally registered citizens are left. It would be a snowball effect. The more aliens removed, the more jobs there are for Americans. More jobs for Americans means a stimulated economy. when things are done the way they should be and not abused the system actually works. There is a LOT of aliens currently livings in our country abusing the #$@! out of tax payers money which should only be available to TAXPAYERS. 12 million aliens removed is alot of jobs opened up, and alot of jobs created at the same time to remove those aliens. This is for sure not an immediate fix but a very strong one that definetly needs to happen, before our economy collapses entirely, and the world as we know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join