It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating Idol of Konark and lost magnets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Floating Idol of Konark and lost magnets

www.ceveni.com

the sun temple of konark in india is one of the unique temples around the world because of its planned execution and engineering brilliance.... However, legend has it that the temple was constructed by Samba, the son of Lord Krishna. It is said that Samba was afflicted by leprosy, brought about by his father’s curse on him. After 12 years of penance, he was cured by Surya, the Sun God, in whose honour he built the magnificent Konarak sun temple.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It is said that this temple once had a floating idol which was floating with the support of the two magnets and the legend also tells that these magnets was so powerful that it caused the disturbance in the compass thus making the navigation very difficult for the sailors and the arab sailors destroyed the temple and took magnets with them....

and till now no one knows where the magnets is now and whether the story is true!! any idea or light on this will be really appreciated

www.ceveni.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Interesting. I have never heard of this place before. I don't know anymore than what I have just read but will delve into it a little deeper.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Though story/legend seems interesting but when it comes to deflecting compass miles away story seems not plausable.

any one out there who have more info about it?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Very Interesting i just saw a documentary about suntemple in TV when i googled it i found this interesting thread any more light on it?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
the magnet claim reeks of pure BS , sorry - the temple is 3.5km from the coast line [ which is just a beach ] the nearest point a ship would put in is 7km away

and in coastal waters - sailors would navigate by identifiable geolographical features

to affect the compasses of ocean going ships - would require a magnetic feild so powerfull that its effect on ANY magnetic object in the immediated vicinity of the temple would be so great that no iron object could be used withinn 100s of meters

magnetic feilds obey the ` invers square ` rule - to put it simply if you double the distance from the magnet its effect drops to by the square root - with EACH doubling of distance

if the legend was ever true - why does it not address this simple fact - the magnetic effect in the temple vicinity on any iron object - would be far more spectacular than its alleged effect on a ships compass miles away

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the magnet claim reeks of pure BS , sorry - the temple is 3.5km from the coast line [ which is just a beach ] the nearest point a ship would put in is 7km away

and in coastal waters - sailors would navigate by identifiable geolographical features

to affect the compasses of ocean going ships - would require a magnetic feild so powerfull that its effect on ANY magnetic object in the immediated vicinity of the temple would be so great that no iron object could be used withinn 100s of meters

magnetic feilds obey the ` invers square ` rule - to put it simply if you double the distance from the magnet its effect drops to by the square root - with EACH doubling of distance

if the legend was ever true - why does it not address this simple fact - the magnetic effect in the temple vicinity on any iron object - would be far more spectacular than its alleged effect on a ships compass miles away

Early sailors navigated closer to shore with very small boats....I wonder if the engineers had knowledge of magnetism that we have yet to rediscover.

top topics

join