It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Orleans cops shoot man 12 times in the back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

N. Orleans cops shoot man 12 times in the back

rawstory.com

The New Orleans man, 22-year-old Adolph Grimes III, traveled to his grandmother's home near the French Quarter in order to celebrate New Year's Eve with his fiance and their 17-month-old son. Three hours after arrival, around 3 a.m., he was found dead a block from the front door.
Despite the fact that the seven officers involved in the incident have been reassigned, Superintendent Warren Riley has refused to answer "fundamental questions" about the shooting and maintains that Grimes fired upon his men first.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I had taken my daughter to New Orleans for New Years.

Right after it had gotten dark, (about 6pm) we were headed to Cafe DuMont, but stopped in a store on the way.

Cops were going by (about 5 cars) with their sirens on, then there was what I thought was a shot right in front of the store as a police car was going by.

I still don't know if that was what it was, but I grabbed my daughter and was about to throw her to the ground (she is 9).

Even though I am from New Orleans originally - I realized even though it was early - we were getting out of there immediately.

My daughter had approached various officers earlier that day, asking for Junior police badges and trying to talk to them. One thing I noticed (which is rare) is none of them were nice to her, nor were they interested in any of her compliments to them etc.

I think the police are very hardened in New Orleans now, they are not as they used to be. I guess with everything the city has gone through - they may react in a negative way faster now.

I know there are many problems it seems with the police there, and though I pretty much spent my teenage years being in the French Quarter a lot with friends - I don't think I want to be down there after dark anymore.

Several dozen people protested the New Orleans Police Department on Thursday morning to demand justice for Grimes' death.

A mix of people walked paced in front of a police station carrying signs with slogans like "Down with the government" and shouting to passers-by "You could be next!"

A group of black ministers and advocates has called for the department to be purged of "trigger-happy" officers and the Grimes family's attorney, Richard Jenkins is certain an investigation will show rogue cops and sloppy police work.

"I just think it was some bad officers who were out there and imposing their will on the community," Jenkins said.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join