It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icy Eyes!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have post this by a reply, but i would like some people who know or have heard of this to reply. Ill re-tell my story. My friends have been telling me i look 'inhuman' when im outside. I've been laughing it off for a while, saying that everyones eyes look somewhat different in the sun. At some point, i got tired of them telling me this, so i took a picture of my self in the sun. The picture suprised me. My eyes are usally this deep, sea blue color. And i've always been light sentive, my pupils have been small all my life. But in this picture my eyes are this icy, bright, blue color. Its such a intense color it makes my face look pale. I DO look 'inhuman' in this picture. Im not sure what to do because in any cause i was thinking about where are my pupils?! i couldnt find them so i zoomed all the way i could and there are two little tiny dots. it concerns me, but im not sure if anyone else has the same thing going on. Please reply for advice or thoughts on this. Try to keep it friendly though. Thanks.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by xxmeganxx]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Pictures please. Are we supposed to take your word for it?
Valid question.Not a one liner.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No... You dont HAVE to take my word for it. But i will try my best to uplaod pics, although i have noo clue how to, illget some friends over and try. Sure you dont have to beilive me, but it would still be nice for someone to explain this for me, or if anyone has this happen. Whats the point of lieing? Im not gaining anything for my thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I, for one, would love to see them.

You don't have to give a full picture of yourself, if you don't wish it so. I just wanna see these eyes your talking about.

They sound more beautiful than alien to me. NOT that I'm suggesting you may be a hybrid or anything
Let's see em...

EDIT: Feel free to email 'em to me. I'll post 'em here.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks, Iagnar. I will try my best to get the eyes. Some times i do think they are pretty. Its so odd because i know it sounds so... insane but when i walk into sun light, my skin reflects it somehow and it turns pale (let me remind you i am very tan) and its.. odd. But i will try to email them to you, and you can post them. sounds a lot easier.
A hybrid... Im sorry but i dont know what that is. care to explain, please?
P.S. Whats your email so i can send them to?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xxmeganxx

The iris in my eyes looks like it has a dark outline in the sun. Kind of scary. My eyes look cuter (in my opinion) in non-direct light.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Oh...please excuse. For some reason I thought the yahoo link on the bottom of my posts would lead to my email.

[email protected]

I don't know if I should explain what a hybrid is as it might serve to incriminate me in some small way. If you haven't an idea what they are, then I'll not submit you to the torment of what I merely intended to be mildly humorous.

Anyway, Instead of giving you a fish, I'll teach to to fish.

1. Take the picture ensuring it's saved as a .jpg (most common web format). Most cameras today do this step for you by default.

2. Transfer it to your computer somewhere. YourUserName/Pics is a good spot. My Documents/Pictures if WindowsXP.

3. Go to Picoodle or Photobucket and upload the pic with the easy instructions they give.

4. Come back here and start a reply, click on the little (colored) computer and color swatch button beside the mail icon in the format area of the reply, and copy and paste the URL address picoodle or photobucket provides each picture you upload to them (the "Direct Link").

Voila!

Seems like a lot, but quite easy once you get used to it. Can't wait to see 'em.

Cheers

EDIT: Clarification

[edit on 10-1-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I always feel let down when someone starts what would be quite an interesting thread about somethng they discovered, saying that they even have photographic or video evidence and then come out with something like "...But I don't know how to put them on here for everyone to see".

Only because half of the time it's a purely fabricated story. I'm far from being a sceptic. Usually a gullible, but not a sceptic. I hope in this case I'm wrong, and there is some good evidence, not some cheesy Photoshop edit. The world has too much of that.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

An interesting question about changes in adult eye color is often asked. As we have discussed previously, eye color is about reflection of ambient light from the structure of the iris. People with lightly colored irises note that their eye color changes according to the colors they wear. No mystery there, but the resultant apparent color of the eye is a combination of the color reflected from one's clothing (or even eye make up) and is not always what you might expect!

www.eyecarecontacts.com...

If you're in different light, the light reacts differently with your pigments in your iris and makes your eyes appear lighter. Same goes for the pigments in your skin and light. Most tan people appear less tan in true sunlight as opposed to artificial light.

My eyes are brown- should I make a thread?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Its kind of a bad picture for my eyes, but its the only picture my friend could send sense she was busy with mid-terms. sorry if they hair looks funny
i have those full bangs. anyway, it wasnt just a exuse, thank you very much, it was because i really didnt know how to put it on... hehh. :-) anyway, here our my eyes. (BTW:they look brighter if my camera isnt so bad and fuzzy) Im going to work on a full picture to upload.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by xxmeganxx]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Wow, that is weird.
Reminds me of the kid from The Grudge.
It looks like you have the same reflective membrane in the back of your eyes as cats. Do you see well in the dark?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My eyes are the same. I have a theory, and would be interested to see if it fits you as well. It is said that women in some cultures were actually nocturnal. That is why some of us have a 28 day menstral cycles. I figure that is also why I have these eyes you describe and show in your pic, that are also super sensitive.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
My eyes are the same. I have a theory, and would be interested to see if it fits you as well. It is said that women in some cultures were actually nocturnal. That is why some of us have a 28 day menstral cycles. I figure that is also why I have these eyes you describe and show in your pic, that are also super sensitive.

I don't think it correlates to the eyes... as I have a 28 day cycle, as do my mom and aunt. I'm also more awake/active at night and sleep better during the day.

It may explain better night vision, but probably not lighter pigments. Isn't eye color determined by dominant and recessive traits?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

OK, this is my full head
comments please.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Also,
Yes i do see well in the dark. Im not of a night person my self, I cant fall asleep intill its maybe 1 or 12, then in teh morning im sleeping every chance i get, but when it reaches night time again, im fast awake! its odd... can you explain more on the cat thing? Its weird, i've never thought of it that way

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My eyes seem to do that as well when it's really bright outside. So this mainly happens in the summer, i've noticed it a few time when looking in a mirror in my truck or if somebody comments on them. However i don't think it has anything to do with a menstrual cycle seeing as I am a guy. I never really thought of why they do that, i've always thought it was cool looking.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
It may explain better night vision, but probably not lighter pigments. Isn't eye color determined by dominant and recessive traits?

Yes the eye color a child will have is determined by dominant and recessive traits. Brown is a dominant unless both parents have blue. BUT what caused the different color eyes to begin with is what Im talking about. In other animals their apperance has reason. Right now, we controll our environment so our bodies have no need to mutate. Well, except our thumbs, due to the increased video game playing over a generation, the newest generation has been found to be born with more usefull thumbs.

There are actually some who think we were mostly nocturnal.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, cats have a reflective membrane in the back of their eye that kind of acts like a mirror. When light hits it, it gets reflected back into your eye, so the light is amplified. That allows cats to see things in the dark better. You definitely have something reflective in there. Either it is a new step in human evolution or it could be some kind of disorder type thing that isn't necessarily bad.

Eyeshine is a visible effect of the tapetum lucidum. When a light is shone into the eye of an animal having a tapetum lucidum, the pupil appears to glow. Eyeshine can be seen in many animals, in nature and in flash photographs. In low light, a hand-held flashlight is sufficient to produce eyeshine that is highly visible to humans (despite our inferior night vision); this technique, spotlighting, is used by naturalists and hunters to search for animals at night. Eyeshine occurs in a wide variety of colors including white, blue, green, yellow, pink and red. However, because eyeshine is a form of iridescence, the color varies slightly with the angle at which it is seen and the color of the source light.

White eyeshine occurs in many fish, especially walleye; blue eyeshine occurs in many mammals such as horses; yellow eyeshine occurs in mammals such as cats, dogs, and raccoons; and red eyeshine occurs in rodents, opossums and birds.

The human eye has no tapetum lucidum, hence no eyeshine. However, in humans and animals two effects can occur that may resemble eyeshine: leukocoria (white shine, indicative of abnormalities including cataracts, cancers, and other problems) and red-eye effect (red shine, apparent only in flash photography).

en.wikipedia.org...

--I don't think it is cancer, as that typically would occur in only one eye. I also don't think it is cataracts because you are way young for that. Maybe your eyes just reflect light really weird.

Here is an eye with leukokaria. It's a dark eye, but you get the picture:

pathologyoutlines.com...

[edit on 1/12/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Im sorry I must have not put my thoughts out there clearly, I am guilty of that often.

I was just trying to suggest it was because our ancestors were once nocturnal. Genes still trickling down the gene pool. Rather than some supernatural reason. I brought up the 28 day menstral cycle because it is believed that woman have a 28 day cycle because we were once nocturnal. Of course if the women were nocturnal it is almost a given that the men would be as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join