It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Figure...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hi, Im new here for a reason. This is for all people who DO beilive in spirits, or 'ghosts', paranormal. Usally Im able to see these spirits, see their faces, what they wear, If there in a good mood they'll even tell me some info about themselfs. But lately i've been seeing this shadow figure, in all black. I do know he's a man because the outline of him is that he has big shoulders. He's outline is a mans, that for sure i know. I get a feeling of amusment when im near him, or when he pops up. Like the world is just some big joke to him. Sometimes it gets me mad because while ill trip or something in that matter, he'll sow himself adn ill get that feeling. I do know he's a perv though, I can tell he's watching me in the shower, or when im dressing. I am a female, by the way. Anyway, my main problem is does anyone KNOW why i cant see him? If spirits, or what ever he is can hide them selfs if they want to? Is he good or bad? Does the dark figure mean a warning of evil? I do need help here before i start to talk to him, before i get my self in something i dont want to get into. Please comment if you know something, not to simply tell me im crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You might not be able to see him just because he doesn't want you to.

And I suppose the all black could just be because he wants to look cool, like the emo kids of this generation.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I saw something like that once in my kitchen. It was slightly smaller than me,and basically a (male?) humanoid shadow within the darkness of the room as I was closing the door. I felt this strange tingly feeling I always get when I enter that room, but stronger -almost overpowering. In my shock I was like 'wtf!' and opened the door again and tried to project, i don't know... determination and the strong feeling and apparition was gone, but the tingling still remains...
I usually react automatically when experiencing strange non-physical things. -Possibly useful, but it also keeps me from experimenting.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
[oops, double post]

[This line intentionally left blank]

[edit on 2009110 by Carlthulhu]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Determantion is another feeling i get when he's around, also very teritoral. I did forget to mention the dream i had once, it was the closest encounter i had with him. I saw him in this hotel and when i looked closer it looked like red eyes, i always am so distracted with seeing just a black whole figure i dont have enough time to travel up to his face. I did see red eyes, which is why i question if he's ever lived a human life? Im not sure, I do not have a religon so i have no clue about 'demons' or any of that stuff, but isnt there a small possiblty of him being some other sort of enegry? I do not know... Ill look into it somemore. reply for advice i could use while trying to figure him out please.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So... is this shadow man... like a ghost? ... or is it a solid physical presence?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmm... Shadow man i think is a ghost. I cant touch him. He comes and goes. Mkaes him self noticed when he wants to. I will look somewhere randomly, and there he will be, leaning againest the wall, when i look back, he's gone. I know he isnt solid, i think.
i havent tried to like touch him though, so my best guess that he isnt solid.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xxmeganxx

So not something or someone you could touch... Have you tried communicating with him? Or vice versa?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
well... I have a temper, and i did tell you that hes a perv. so once while i was taking my shower, i felt him watching me. So i said "Please leave now." I told him clearly, and he just got amused. so i got mad and i said "serouisly!!! go! thats diguesting!" then i got that 'the world is just a big joke' heavily on my senses, and he left. it was odd... but he did leave. After that i havent said anything because he likes to show himself more at nights then days which is more scary. Do you have a suggestion how i should talk to him?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
interesting post, before I read anymore I'd like to mention that a few months ago, my fiance awoke one evening in our apartment, he was feeling absolutely horrible, from what he tells me, he came out of the bathroom and saw a shadowy figure standing in the doorway between the bedroom and living room.

My boyfriend said that suddenly something pulled him into the bathroom, by the time he got up the figure was gone.

I didn't personally witness any of this, but I do tend to sense when there are "extremes" about, and let me tell you, even before any of the shadowy figure stuff happened I didn't want to be alone in the apartment.

Oh and about the shower thing, I've had the same exact thing happened to me! Before I moved in with my fiance, I was living with my parents, I could never shower in my own bathroom because the minute I'd close my eyes to rinse or whatever I'd feel that tingling sensation in the middle of my neck and shoulder blades like something was slowly approaching me from behind. It would flip me out.

Unfortunately, unlike the jovial "nothing matters" shadowy figure you've experienced, mine seems extremely more sinister in nature.

I've never seen the shadowy figure persay but I have had my experiences, best of luck if you find out what it is U2U me!!

-JR

edit : typos

[edit on 10-1-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xxmeganxx

yeah ... my suggestion would be to ask what it is or what it wants... I've often found it useful to be direct... even to the point of being confrontational.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is really common, and in most cases, not strange at all. Both my boyfriend, myself, my mother, my grandmother, have all seen spirits before.

They're around. We don't know what they are- could be formed from our memories, could be collective subconscious, could be ghosts, could be aliens, but they're "real", whatever that means.

Ask them what they want, be polite. If they bother you, throw some salt or sage around. If you like them, be friends.

Edit- If he is dark or mean, he might cloak himself. You might be cloaking him if you are subconsciously afraid or even just confused. That would be why you can't see him. However, he could just be dark by the nature of the energy he is comprised of- in which case, don't be racist against dark spirits =p Also, he could be responsible if you find a lot of your things misplaced/missing. Sounds like a Puck/Pouka/Robin Goodfellow type to me, but I've had a lot of experience with him. Usually appears as an energy mass or a skeleton with a jester's cap.

Could also be something woken up in your house.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

[edit on 1/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I too have had 'experiences' with a man in black. I was about 5 when I first saw him in a family friend's home. Believe it or not he offered me and their daughter candy.
We went to ask our parents if we could take it and they didn't believe us and came to see him. He, of course, was gone.
Ever since that day he haunts me. I had him in my room when I was a kid watching me. He is a completely evil presence.
I had nightmares of him chasing me, fighting me, and hurting the people I love.

It wasn't till I was older that my brother told me of the same experiences he had with the man in black.
In his dream he was being chased by him. The man in black is much stronger, and faster then anyone we know. But his wife told me he jumped from one side of the bed to the other without touching the bed. He jumped about 6 foot in the air in his sleep.
He told me that in his dream he was being chased and was jumping a fence to escape him and then he woke up on the other side of the bed.

I hate to talk about him because every time I do he shows up.

You can believe me or not but I swear it's all true. I found out later that the family friend's house was an old funeral home before it was converted to a regular home.

My brother passed away almost 3 years ago, from cancer, but I wouldn't doubt if the man in black didn't have something to do with it as well.

But, good luck with your man in black and I hope and pray he isn't the same one I am haunted by.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure that he is evil. I just get that tingly feeling in the kitchen, and sometimes in the hallway -but it's fainter there. (might be leaning out the door to watch me, who knows?)
I've had similar experiences at my last apartment. There I could have sworn there was a small entity (child or midget?) roaming about my bedroom at night. Never actually saw anything, but that's how it felt.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think the only thing you can do is follow your gut on how you feel about him. It appears that he is only being mischievous and a perve. He may not be evil just a prankster. I can’t say that I have a had to many experiences with the ’shadow people’ that I couldn’t logically explain away.

I have had one with no explanation. I believe it is true because there was a group of four of us who saw the same thing. I didn’t get the feeling of fear or anxiety from it. I was actually exited about finally seeing something like this. I actually felt sorry for it. It was sitting in a corner holding it’s knees and rocking back and forth like it was scared.

Without you following a religion you have no apparent need to fear it. I would just surround my self with positive energy before I would try to communicate with it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I look all over the internet and talk to anyone I meet looking for someone who knows anything about my experance with a figure all in black. I almost feel like I missed out on mine. I think you should talk to it and see what it has to say. Here is my story I hope it helps you. I wish I could find someone with the answers to mine. If you find anything out by talking to it let us know.

Once I saw a black hooded figure. We were on a ghost hunt doing things to try and call spirits at a very old grave yard that always has activity. I almost always see these things that look kinda like the rancor from starwars jedi only the size of a shoe. They are always eating black mist. And if we ever see something they are always eating at its trail.

Then we saw the figure far off and started walking toward it. I remember this well. It was holing a twisted staff that was light brown and black like it had been burnt in places. On top if the staff sat one big red glowing ball that sat on top of two glowing black black balls. Most of my group ran when we heard it call but myself and two others stayed. I remember it calling me to it. It promised me power and knowledge I could never dream of. We kept walking till we were within 15 feet or less. I wanted what it promised pretty bad. Then one of the girls that was holding my arm very tightly tripped. When she fell she almost took me with her. When I looked at her was the first time I looked away from the red orb since it had started talking. I picked her up and all I could think was run. All three of us ran till we got to the cars and did not stop driving till we were miles away.

I still do not know why I ran but sometimes wish I would not have. It feels like I may have missed a big chance now but the fear I felt the instant I looked away made me run. I do not usually get scared like that and regret it now. None of the people that ran could understand anything that the figure said. They claim that when it talked it was just a lot of high pitched screeching noises. The two that stayed with me say it was more musical but still high pitched and sounded like another language. I heard it talk in plain English with a deeper voice than what any of them heard. I wonder why none of them heard it but me

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This "man in black" seems to be a common occurrence, which reminds me, I was speaking with a friend about this last night and he mentioned Stephen King's Gunslinger series (there is a man in black). He also mentioned that Stephen King himself claims that he DID NOT write the series, he claims that someone, or something told him what to write and he was compelled to do so.

Another thing my friend told me, the poem that the book was based off of...the author also claims the same thing, that he was asleep one night, and woke up and something or someone was telling him what to write.

Just thought that was something I should mention.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I too can speak to spirits, i do not see them everytime, but i know where they are, and what they have to say. And i only pick up their presense when they do have something to say. i'm a tarot reader, most spirits tend to use that as a portal to let the quarant know they are around & deliver messages through me.

as for the shadow man, i've seen him too. the first time was when i was about 4 yrs old. i have a blog post on yahoo shine that i will transfer over here for you to read.

the last week or so i've been seeing and feeling this dark figure again.
someone placed a post about waking with scratches. i'm 34 yrs old, i've never had this before, but two or three nights ago, i woke with 6 scratches around my right breast, angling to the center of my chest. if a person had done it, they would have had to of been standing behind me and pulling upward and to the left. this causing much curiosity in me, leading me to search the net, and it brought me here. (nice place i must add)

*if you start to hear someone calling your name, and you know there is no one around, indoors or not, please do not acknowledge it.
I wouldn't suggest speaking to it. But you do as you wish.

[edit on 1/11/2009 by Crown Jouel]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OK, things have been happening a little more often now... I had a dream that like we were standing in this huge hotel and like i didnt know what to do so i was standing there, and this hotel was very fancy and pretty. He was there, leaned on a post and was watching, like always "Hello?" I asked, because i wanted to know who he was. he didnt answer, instead he cocked his head to one side, the motion kinda scared me, i dont know why. "Please answer!" i begged, because i was serouisly getting scared. his head stayed cocked. "Well.... Im Megan!" i said, trying to be friendly. "Drake." This deep, low, kind of hansom voice said. it was smooth like honey. I took a step back because it was scary, how like weird it was to hear it. Then, this deep laughter came out and i jerked awake. it was scary for some reason. Then when i went to school he would go over to my friends and like everytime i would see him, they would shiver and say "god, i just got cold" its so weird... he wont even have a converstaion with me! its so weird!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey,

He doesn't have the right to bother you, if you don't want him to be around.
Command him to stay away, and if he doesn't listen, mentally call out for
help in having him removed from your surroundings. You can ask a specific
entity for help if you want, like Archangel Michael, or one of the Ascended
Masters - like Saint Germain.

If you want to deal with it on your own, then use visualization techniques.
Imagine being surrounded by bright white light, imagine the light filling your
entire house.. that will keep out any lower entities seeking to mess with you.

But like I said, a surefire way is simply to call the Archangels or Ascended
Masters for help. It hasn't got anything to do with religions, they are very
real entities, and their task is to help us, they will do so gladly when we ask.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join