It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sri Lankan forces fighting for key rebel base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Sri Lankan forces fighting for key rebel base

www.google.com

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — A senior military official says Sri Lankan troops are fighting heavy battles with the rebels over the key Elephant Pass base on the edge of the Jaffna peninsula.

The official said that troops surrounded the base and entered it from the north and south on Friday. They expected to take complete control of the area soon. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Due to the shocking conflict between Israel and Hamas, this conflict hasn't caught much interest from the masses. Even here on ATS I haven't seen a single thread on this conflict. Even though it's been well underway for weeks. The Sri Lankan forces are engaged in heavy fights with the Tamil Tigers independence, or terrorist movement according to Sri Lanka.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The civil war in Sri Lanka has been going on for decades as well.

Its nothing new, and no one ever pays attention to it. It may be big news in India or something, but here in the west no one cares at all.

Also id like to point out the article states the "leak" came from anonymous source.

So I dont believe it should be considered credible by ATS standards.
I however do think its VERY POSSIBLE the story is true.

I just am sick of MSM using "anonymous sources" as its totally not credible or acceptable.
Huge hypocracy of standards IMO.

join