It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Cops Hide Behind a Blue Wall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was just watching CNN, and they had a story about a kid getting shot 14 times by cops, and there is some controversy surrounding the shooting in New Orleans.

Just at the end of the report, the reporter asked if police are hiding behind the "blue wall" and suddenly the screen went black and then came back on without sound, and the shot went back to a surprised anchor.

So I googled "blue wall"

The Blue Code of Silence is an unwritten code of "honour" among many police officers in which reporting another officer's errors, misconduct, or crimes is regarded as a betrayal.

Studies demonstrate that most police feel that the code is applicable in cases of "illegal brutality or bending of the rules in order to protect colleagues from criminal proceedings," but not to illegal actions with an "acquisitive motive."[1][2]

Nevertheless, cases such as the Rampart Scandal demonstrate that blue code culture can sometimes extend to cover-ups of every level of crime, acquisitive or otherwise.

Other terms that can have a similar meaning include the "Blue Wall of Silence"

en.wikipedia.org...

Cracks appear in the blue wall of NYPD silence

April 21, 1997

If nothing else, the 30th precinct scandal proves that the NYPD's "blue wall of silence" - that supposedly impenetrable barrier protecting corrupt cops - can be breached

nypdconfidential.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So I have to question, are the police just another secret society, just like the masons? Well the truth is, many, if not most, are part of the Masonic societies.

A Virgin Islands man was removed as a juror in a murder trial jury for allegedly flashing Masonic hand gestures to the defendant and others in the courtroom, including witnesses.

burningtaper.blogspot.com...

Senior police officers have defied official disapproval and established a new Masonic lodge despite widespread public fears about the influence of the secret society on the criminal justice system.

Senior police officers have defied official disapproval and established a new Masonic lodge despite widespread public fears about the influence of the secret society on the criminal justice system.

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by doctordoom

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
the blue is for the crips, the red is for the bloods, white is for the cops, and stars come from the clubs... live behide the dog for which he is your first line of defense

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So...evidence of a tshirt = police must be mostly masons?

I probably know 5 police officers all together. 1 is a mason. He has often told me that he is held to a higher standard of conduct and his actions are more double checked than any other person in his..I guess they call them precincts (hes the only mason there)...because of his affiliation.

If you want to do evil corrupt thing as a police officer, the worst possible thing you could do is join masonry. It would make everyone judge you more harshly and discriminate against you.

You also so conveniently (really just a mistake, I'm sure) tried to spin that Burning Taper blog post as a sign of masonic corruption, but oops, you didn't actually read it did you:

William Curtis, chief investigator for the V.I. Justice Department, said two prosecutors asked him on Wednesday to come to court and keep an eye on the suspect juror. Curtis said he is familiar with Masonic signals and did not recognize any of the juror's movements and gestures as having significance, but prosecutors asked [the judge] to remove the man from the jury.

So here we have someone accused of flashing masonic hand signals in a court room (which never happens, the only time signals are given is in the lodge), and a "expert" notices nothing unusual. But "just to be safe" the juror is removed anyways.

Now, back to the OP - police officers are and should be held to a exceptionally high standard by society. They have at least the ability to exercise immense amounts of power. At the same time, they are people, and its there everyday job. There are too many police officers to claim that none of them could be corrupt. However, I don't think they routinely go around shielding each other. The risk to the person shielding someone is just too high.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

So...evidence of a tshirt = police must be mostly masons?

[edit on 10-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

It's really quite sad how you can take one of the pictures I proposed and claim that's how I form my theory. Nice little spin.

The Fraternal Order of Police is the world's largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers, with more than 325,000 members in more than 2,100 lodges.

www.grandlodgefop.org...

The truth is, most cops need to join the "brotherhood" in order to keep their secrets protected.

The emblem adopted by the National Fraternal Order of Police is designed to remind the membership of the duties that are expected of them as a citizen, a police officer and a member of the lodge.
Midway between the points and center of the star is a blue field representative of the thin blue line protecting those we serve.

www.fop.net...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well the truth is, many, if not most, are part of the Masonic societies.

But the Fraternal Order of Police has nothing to do with Freemasonry.

When doing a Google search for the word "Mason" within the domain grandlodgefop.org, the only hits are proper names of a few individuals.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

But the Fraternal Order of Police has nothing to do with Freemasonry.

When doing a Google search for the word "Mason" within the domain grandlodgefop.org, the only hits are proper names of a few individuals.

Try the search fraternal order of police masonic

One example;

In 1985, H. Ray Evans retired from the Cincinnati Police Department to pursue his present vocation as Executive Secretary of the Valley of Cincinnati, Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite. Ray has remained active in community affairs and holds a life membership with the Fraternal Order of Police.

H. Ray Evans was raised a Master Mason in Queen City Lodge No. 559 in 1971 and served as Worshipful Master in 1975.

www.freemason.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I'm not saying that some cops aren't Masons. And I'm not saying that Masonic cops might not also be members of the FOP, but the FOP is still not Masonry. Not seeing anything that says that it is, even in your own links...

Namely, I'm not seeing any indication that FOP is men only, and I'm not seeing any required belief in a supreme deity in the FOP texts... Without both of those, it's not Masonic.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom
It's really quite sad how you can take one of the pictures I proposed and claim that's how I form my theory. Nice little spin.

Nice propaganda attempt, but your own words betray you. You said:

You stated it. Perhaps you shouldn't state things you don't mean and have no evidence for if you don't like to be called out on it.

The Fraternal Order of Police is the world's largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers, with more than 325,000 members in more than 2,100 lodges.

www.grandlodgefop.org...

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I was referring to nor does this organization have anything to do with freemasonry. Nice little spin attempt.

The truth is, most cops need to join the "brotherhood" in order to keep their secrets protected.

You just debunked yourself, nice try. 325,000 members is a extremely small minority of the millions and millions of police officers in the world. So it looks like the REAL truth is that most cops don't need to join "a brotherhood".

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am not a Mason, but I have been in the FOP for years and years in various capacities. I am also somewhat familiar with the Masons from reading on here and I can tell you this..

The FOP is not Masonic in anyway...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So, you are a cop, and an ATS moderator.

Do you moderate from work?

top topics

join