It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns Gaza Residents War Will 'Escalate'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
Whats the point dropping leaflets followed by clusters and uranium depleted/phsphorous shells?

Its like placing a lab rat in a bottle and than dropping a safety note for it followed by a poisinous gas.

Well its clear that some people have bought that one hook line and sinker. Its some sort of global PR move AND a way to terrorize the civilians. perhaps its intended to get them to shelter in UN compounds or schools. Makes it easier to kill them off when they huddle in large numbers. '

Gaza is sort of a enclosed free range concentration camp.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
I don't believe Palestinians exist.
There is and never was any country called Palestine.
I know the archeological and anthropological evidence of the area going back 20,000 years.
The first people to settle that land and actually build a city or a town were the Jews.
The previous inhabitants were nomadic farming tribes related to the current Bedouin tribes.
Who are all over the whole continent and never lay claim to any land because they are nomadic tribes people.
Palestinians were made up as a part of psychological warfare against "The people of the book" (Jews and Christians), when the Muslims realized they couldn't beat them by force.
These people dying everyday, that Egypt shoots at when they try and escape, are what the Muslims call "Martyrs".
These people are put here on purpose to die.
The proof is here.
youtube.com...
I find this from my own research looking at the situation objectively.
You will notice any youtube video's posted proving this truth are messed with alot.
This is because the religious ideologists have much money and power.

grrrr

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by forklift
Whats the point dropping leaflets followed by clusters and uranium depleted/phsphorous shells?

Gaza is sort of a enclosed free range concentration camp.

More like a training ground for IDf forces.They are using everything they got against people who throw stones at tanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I'm pretty sure he meant the mass murder attempted by the pally scum. Except, God protects Israel, so they live in relative safety. The devil doesn't protect his followers, the pallys. Pretty simple even for you to understand, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ummm...in case you didnt notice, Israel is targeting Hamas not civilians. You cant be naiaive can you? Take off your Hamas sunglasses and you can see that Israel is not just mowing down civilians now and will get Hamas later. That was an even dumber statement. They are fighting an enemy that is putting civilians in harms way by hiding in their homes and basically using them as shields.

Oh, and Hamas's rockets are targeting the IDF? Thats who they are trying to hit every time they send one off? Thats who they have targeted in the past with their suicide bombings? When they blow up a bus of Israeli civilians, they are taregting the Israeli military? Come on man. Please at least tell me you arent contributing to the gene pool with that type of thinking.

Originally posted by princeofpeace
If Israel wanted to remove EVERY Palestinian from Gaza then why would they be dropping leaflets? Thast just a dumb comment to make.

What exactly do you and the rest of the tools talk about in the shed when Isreal is not murdering children and bombing civilians?

I mean I understand the need for you to parrot press releases from the IDF and AIPAC, but really now.

Lets see they are walled off, cant move out of the the area. IDF planes and drones firing missiles and dropping bombs, IDF snipers on the prowl.

Where exactly are they supposed to go? and you call me dumb :shk:

I do think Israel may try to remove EVERY HAMAS member from the strip though. As well they should.

No doubt, once they kill off all of the civilians it should make HAMAS members easier to target.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummm...in case you didnt notice, Israel is targeting Hamas not civilians. You cant be naiaive can you?

Your right, dropping PGMS and ungided mortar rounds on schools is not targeting civilians. Your soooooo right 700+ civilian casulties is NOT targeting civilians. I mean no dount a few HAMAS guys killed here and there but hey 250+ children is not so bad either right? Your whole attitude would make a NAZI puke. The end always justifies the means with people like you :shk:

Take off your Hamas sunglasses and you can see that Israel is not just mowing down civilians now and will get Hamas later. That was an even dumber statement. They are fighting an enemy that is putting civilians in harms way by hiding in their homes and basically using them as shields.

Hmmmmm, you seem to have seen my dumb statement and raised me an asinie one. How many civilians killed in the New Haulocaust? Do you even care. Before you lable my statements as dumb perhaps you should pull your posterior out of your AIPEC talking points guide and take a look around.

Oh, and Hamas's rockets are targeting the IDF? Thats who they are trying to hit every time they send one off? Thats who they have targeted in the past with their suicide bombings? When they blow up a bus of Israeli civilians, they are taregting the Israeli military?

Hmmmmmm HAMAS attacks have killed at most 400-500 people over 20 years of existance. The IDF has killed that many this barbaric attack alone. Lets face it based on this action alone Isreal has earned itself at least 10 more years of suicide attacks.

Come on man. Please at least tell me you arent contributing to the gene pool with that type of thinking.

[ill-mannered comment removed]

[edit on 1/10/09 by FredT]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

HAMAS didn't even have the majority of the vote, they won on a democratic technicality. Kind of how Arnold became govenator!

AAC

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

A picture is worth a thousand words...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Israel is not going to stop untill it has removed every Palestinian from Gaza. When it has it will then settle the land with its own people.

Israel is not going to stop until it has made the attempted mass murder of Israeli civilians from the Gaza stop. Hamas could end this in a minute - by stopping their rocket fire. As long as the rockets fly - Israel will defend itself.

Isreal already gave up the Gaza so if this was all about land it never would of handed it over. The reason they handed it over was a peace gesture. And all they got was rocket attacks and attempts at mass murder of Israeli civilians in return.
[edit on 1/10/2009 by FlyersFan]

Mass murder of israeli citizens?? Your worse then an Iranian newspaper!!!

Laser guided bombs dropped intentionally on civilian AND UNITED NATIONS infrastructure killing hundereds vs. Hamas sending 50 improvised science fair rockets into israel the first day and minorly injuring 2.

750 dead vs. 5, yep israel kills 150 to 1 yet they are the ones being mass murdered.

The reason they gave Gaza back was because they had already ran and claimed all the hilltops as theirs and needed somewhere to heard the newly conquered.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Didn't Israel kill 4 of their soldier's themselves in 'friendly fire' when they blew up a building whilst their troops were still inside ????

I wonder if that is included in the grand total of 5 israeli's dead.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You should all be glad that your freedoms allow you to bicker and nag one another with such trivial issues as most in the world do not have this ability or lack the right forum to do such.

The subject of Israel, it's creation, and the wrongs and rights of each individual should be considered along with those of the Palestinians, for all of you who condemn one another without offering guidance, help, or a possible solution - you are the real enemy. You are the enemy of peace by taking sides when you should try to see through all of the hatred, fear, chaos, and distress.

So before anyone begins pointing fingers at one another or chastizing another's views - perhaps you should be the bigger man or woman, and see yourselves for what you truly are.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The ignorance of some on this thread astounds and sickens me.....

Palestine was taken in '48 and given to the displaced Jews post ww2...

Israel has continued to "eat away" at former palestinian Territories since '48, displacingthe Palestinians,slowly but surely...
1.5 million palestinians live in 140 square miles that is the Gaza Strip...they are trapped there, cannot leave or run to the hills....they have to just accept Israelis barbarous actions..

Due to the blockade electricity, food and basic necessities such as fuel and medicines are slowly being choked...prior to the conflict approx.500 trucks a day entered Gaza...now none, and when the Israeli butchers allowed a convoy of some 30 odd vehicles "in" it then targeted it which forced the UN to stop the convoys as it was too dangerous...
The people are starving...they are dying in their thousands(mark my words, once phase 3 commences...)and the West is, by and large silent..

portail.islamboutique.fr...

the above link(sorry, unsure how to add links)contains graphic images which we in the West are being denied access to in the MSM...

I cried when i saw them ....

having spent most of my life in Africa, served in the Military etc i was exposed to things which, I thought,had hardened my heart....but this ,this...makes me feel quite sick.....

White Phosphorous (WP) is also being used to maim and kill...a product Israel denies using on civilians, a product BANNED for use on the Battlefield, made in the USA...

See the link below of photographic evidence etc

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Remember people of ATS, murder, commited in the name of war, is still MURDER...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Idoit!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi All

No matter what we say or do nothing can stop what has to happen. According to Islamic prophesy a time will come when Israel/USA will control all the lands up to Mecca. I stand to be corrected.

THis is just the beginning.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I suppose its only to be expected that the pro Israeli Americans here on ATs will justify the mass murder of innocent Palestinians but be outraged at Israelis being killed. One has come to expect the warmongering of these people as they use the same old tactics for the illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq and Afganistan because in their minds right is might.

It dose not matter that America and Israel commit crimes against humanity, they can do it and these cowards support it. But let anyone stand up to these people then they are terrorists and insurgents. Well breaking news, the people of the World are not going to lie down and die for the Axis of Evil UK/US/Israel nor its brain dead warmongering supporters.

If Israel and its people have a right to exist so do Palestinians but as long as they don't live in Israel of course. Such cowards will use any excuse or reason to support their fake and false arguments because in the end they see themselves as superior to others. There is a large element of such people here on ATS, all pro war but most have never fought in a war most have never had their country bombed, destroyed and occupied yet they shout with glee when it happens to others, cowards and bullies the lot of them.

When war comes to America's doorsep it will be interesting to here what these people have to say then. When they are being killed their land seized and occupide will right is might be correct then, no I don't think so. The one common theme that is lacking in all their posts is their lack of compassion for their fellow man, what fine human beings they are indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I can quite happily point and accuse pro-Israel posters of supporting genocide thanks. And I do have a right to do that.

No amount of looking into history, understanding what Israel has had to endure, or appreciating that Hamas is a bad group of people, will excuse Israel or the people supporting them.

I don't need to study every aspect of Israeli and Palestinian history to know that the children suffering in Gaza did not hurt anyone.

I've seen images of Israeli kids writing on bombs ready to be dropped on Gaza, I've yet to see a child in Gaza do anything but be injured or die at the hands of Israel.

No academic study is needed to tell me that Israel is a mass-murdering nation.

We have the UN, Amnesty International, and the Red Cross all openly condemning Israeli actions throughout Gaza. Yet we only have a handful of Israeli spokespeople popping up over and over again on every news station repeating themselves "we'll investigate", "It's all Hamas lies", "Oh, the terrible rockets!"... it's non-stop propaganda and BS!
Deny the facts, deny the truth, attack attack attack.

It is clear who the real war criminals are in this slaughter.
And while Hamas is something I would like to see an end to, nothing can excuse Israel and nothing can excuse those people who support their actions.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
They are not killing Hamas, they are killing innocent people, women and kids. How on Earth can ANYONE defend this?

Hamas hides behind civilians. Hamas uses civilian infrastructure to launch it's military operations. Israel has a right to defend itself. Hamas could end this all very simply - by not attacking the soverign country of Israel and by not hiding behind civilians.

There ... it's defended.

The only lesson being taught here is that Isreal has bascially made a concentration camp out of Gaza.

Guess you forgot that the Gaza has a border with EGYPT, eh? Guess you forgot that the Palestinians behaved so badly that even Egypt had to close it's border with them, eh? Guess you forgot about all those smuggling tunnels - hundreds of them - that those in the Gaza have in which to smuggle in expensive arms and ammo. Not food or medicine - but arms and ammo and explosives.

The Gaza isn't a concentration camp.
It's a Hamas military compound with civlians that they are using as human shields.

I wonder if we can get the isreali leadership tried for genocide ...

There you go with the 'genocide' bunk again.

Palestinians have 30% populaton growth in past ten years
Double Palestinian population in next 20 years

Considering how the population is growing at one of the largest rates on the planet, your continual shouts of 'genocide' are rather humorous.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Israel is not going to stop untill it has removed every Palestinian from Gaza. When it has it will then settle the land with its own people.

Israel is not going to stop until it has made the attempted mass murder of Israeli civilians from the Gaza stop. Hamas could end this in a minute - by stopping their rocket fire. As long as the rockets fly - Israel will defend itself.

Isreal already gave up the Gaza so if this was all about land it never would of handed it over. The reason they handed it over was a peace gesture. And all they got was rocket attacks and attempts at mass murder of Israeli civilians in return.
[edit on 1/10/2009 by FlyersFan]

Mass murder of israeli citizens?? Your worse then an Iranian newspaper!!!

Laser guided bombs dropped intentionally on civilian AND UNITED NATIONS infrastructure killing hundereds vs. Hamas sending 50 improvised science fair rockets into israel the first day and minorly injuring 2.

750 dead vs. 5, yep israel kills 150 to 1 yet they are the ones being mass murdered.

The reason they gave Gaza back was because they had already ran and claimed all the hilltops as theirs and needed somewhere to heard the newly conquered.

Actually he said "attempted mass murder of Israeli citizens. Now why would you ignore the word "attempted" in your response? I guess it would be because it's impossible to argue with over 8000 explosive projectiles launched at Israeli citizens by Hamas from 2000-2008.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Mass murder of israeli citizens??

ATTEMPTEED mass murder. And it is. They don't rain down rockets full of flowers ya' know. It's an ATTEMPT at mass murder of civilians.

Hamas has bad aim. That doesn't negate the fact that they are ATTEMPTING to mass murder innocent Israeli civilians .. everyday .... year after year.

Originally posted by scotty18
Actually he said ...

Actually SHE said ...

Good point scotty ...

it's impossible to argue with over 8000 explosive projectiles launched at Israeli citizens by Hamas from 2000-2008.

it's impossible to argue with that fact so these people just IGNORE it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sooooo, back on topic as to what the "escalation" could mean.

Having followed most of the other threads, I don't recall seeing anyone propose that maybe the IDF is going to create a "buffer zone / demilitarized zone" between southern Israel and Palestine. The zone would be large enough that the rockets being fired by Hamas are not capable of hitting Israel. This would mitigate the urban fighting, reducing casualties and provide a better foundation to "negotiate" from. I'd ask what the thoughts on that idea are, but I'm afraid this thread will stay stuck on why one side is right/wrong.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join