It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns Gaza Residents War Will 'Escalate'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Israel Warns Gaza Residents War Will 'Escalate'

www.foxnews.com

Israel will step up its offensive on the Gaza Strip, and dropped leaflets there Saturday warning residents of its plan.

The fliers that fluttered down from Israeli air force jets warned of "a new phase in the war on terror" and said Israel will "escalate" its operation, which has already killed more than 800 Palestinians.

The notices were dropped as a "general warning," the army said Saturday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well we all knew this was going to happen didn't we and how nice of those humane Israelis to drop warning notices to inform the Palestinians that we are comming to murder you.

Lets face it Israel is not going to stop untill it has removed every Palestinian from Gaza. When it has it will then settle the land with its own people. All part of the grand plan for a greater Israel. And all under the lies of our right to protect ourselves, obviously a right that Palestinians don't enjoy.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I take it that after the initial surge of interest re this event every one is now fed up of it and after a week have lost interest in this war of murder of the innocents.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Third thread we jump to... But no matter. Messages rules, and fastest eats slowest! Supporting this thread... (copy-paste)

Huh, huh...
- UN resolution is devastated
- Truce is no option
... Bombing continues. Where does it end - or does it?

This just came up, and every time that these leaflets has been in the air, then bombing has started just hour after...

Today we have also webcam there, thanks to op, but who wants to see it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
- As much it will suffers me, I will... Terrible killing show continues!

And there are few news witch truly related to this situation now... To wider escalation. And dont think that world doesnt recognize the facts in here. ( If I would be USrael citizen anywhere in earth, I would be scared for personal impacts - rage and hate what is raising... )

US plans massive arms delivery to Israel

www.presstv.ir...

US congress votes to back Israel

english.aljazeera.net...

- USA make revolution today, save your asses tomorrow?

Ron Paul voted no - I am not religious guy, but thank god from that man!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes I would be interested what the average American thinks of all thsi as its his/her tax dollars that are paying for it. America suppiles the bullets and the bombs and the Israelis Mafia usues them.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
as ive said may times "the army with rocks shall win these battles" they say carma hits you 5 times harder.. with this many civilians dead i see nothing good for israel and their best friend usa

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Israel is not going to stop untill it has removed every Palestinian from Gaza. When it has it will then settle the land with its own people.

Israel is not going to stop until it has made the attempted mass murder of Israeli civilians from the Gaza stop. Hamas could end this in a minute - by stopping their rocket fire. As long as the rockets fly - Israel will defend itself.

Isreal already gave up the Gaza so if this was all about land it never would of handed it over. The reason they handed it over was a peace gesture. And all they got was rocket attacks and attempts at mass murder of Israeli civilians in return.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What the heck, what kind of "stepping up" can they possibly achieve?

... aside from total and systematic genocide?

What do they plan on doing? Working from one corner, diagonally to the other, carpet bombing every meter?

Is Israel purposely trying to tick off every other country in the Middle East?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This might very well be Phase III as per defined by the Israeli military. The first phase consisted of aerial bombardments, while the second phase consisted of enter Gaza with ground troops. Phase III means that IDF forces will enter Gaza city and the dirty work will start. House-to-house fights will take place, which certainly is gonna take many more lives on both sides. However, the number of IDF soldiers killed in action will especially increase greatly if this happens.

On Dutch TV they said that the Israelis built an exact copy of a Palestinian city to train for urban warfare. The troops who are now in Gaza have been training in that city two weeks ago. They furthermore said yesterday that Israel was likely to decide within 24hrs whether troops would withdraw or not. They have 50,000 reservists at the border of Gaza who are likely to go in today or tomorrow.

Things are gonna get really nasty now.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I don't think they need to work too hard to tick off the other countrys in the Middle East. They are all Arab nations and want to see Israel destroyed anyway. I agree if Hamas would stop there bombing Isreal would stop.

Do they not have a right to defend their own people and country when attacked?

But I believe that all this is happening as it is suppose to according to scripture. We would be mindful to keep a more watchful eye to what is happening over there. It is in someway going to have an impact upon the whole world. And all this over about 35 miles of land that nobody wants.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Flyers can you indicate to the mass murder of Israelis, or did you mean to say the mass murder of Palestinian men women and children.

Again when some one comes and takes what is yours what do you do, do you just hand it over and walk away or do you fight for it. Since the inseption of Israel the Israelis have sought to take land by what ever means from the Palestinians. they don't Arabs living anywhere near them and they have made that clear over and over again. What they want is for every Arab to go and live elsewhere and if they don't they will be killed or removed by force.

Again I would like to know what anyonme would do if someone came to take their land and property. If Israel stops stealing land and homes, if it stops killing Arabs then Hamas might not even exist but as they are the Palestinians have every right to stnad and fight for what is theirs.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I guess murdering 300+ civilians is clearly not enough for Israel.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

There are more then a million Israeli Arabs. What are you talking about?? There are Arabic parties in Israeli perliament. There is Arabic minister in cabinet. You are distorting the truth. I do not say that there is no discrimination - but situation is getting better with the years. US also had problems with racism - but look at it now. How long it took? Israel is a little younger.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
MDV2, it wont matter if things get nasty or not, more Jews will be sacrificed and they are good at doing that kind of thing aren't they. It just goes to show that the Israeli Government and their backers don't have any regard for their own people and never have.

You cannot fight in a city with tanks and what will happen is a large numbers on both sides will be killed. One wonders just how far Israel is prepared to go on this and just how many lives will be sacrificed just so they can get some more land.

I'll tell you what though if the thought they could get away with it they would have nuked Gaza no doubt at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Flyers can you indicate to the mass murder of Israelis ...

The attempted mass murder of Israelis - on a daily basis - by those in the Gaza. Rockets fired in ... suicide bombers ... it's attempted mass murder of Israeli civilians. For which Israel is defending itself.

Since the inseption of Israel

then you admit that Israel is a soverign nation and has been for decades.

I would like to know what anyonme would do if someone came to take their land and property.

Israel has been a soverign nation for decades. Those terrorists who continue to hit Israel need to get with the situation and move on.

Would it be right for native american indians to start bombing NYC in an effort to get land back that belonged to their ancestors? NO. I'm not sitting here demanding land back from white America because of what happened to my native american ancestors and I'm not sitting here demanding land from the British Crown because of what they did to my Irish ancestors.

Live in the here and now. Move on. If you are always looking backwards then you will just stubble along and never be able to move forwards.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It is not only the attempted murder but the killing of Israelis. As stated earlier, all Hamas needs to do is back off. They are holding a country hostage and they need tom be eliminated.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the defense of Israel against a few Hamas.

They are not killing Hamas, they are killing innocent people, women and kids.

How on Earth can ANYONE defend this?

We all know that Hamas are bad.

But what is this action going to do?

We know it is not going to stop Israel being targeted, in fact, this will now increase as the thousands of people left behind will now want to enact revenge for those murdered by Israel.

No intelligent person can support this action. No one with an ounce of intellect and common sense can argue that this is the right course of action to take. It's destabilizing the entire region, putting more Israelis at risk, creating more terrorists, creating protests worldwide, forcing people to turn away from Israel in every community on the planet.

How is this a good thing?

People bang on about rockets fired into Israel, I get it. That's the ONLY defense Israel has for this action, and it's a tired excuse.
Every spokesperson I've seen on every news station immediately deflects things like the Red Cross accusing them of ignoring the protection of innocent children, the bombing of UN sites and convoys, and they deflect it with banging on again about the rockets.

It's a massive propaganda war they are engaged in with the international community, and I am not falling for it.

When I see an Israeli on the news actually displaying some compassion, emotion, some sense of anguish about this, then I might start to change my view. But right now, I see a genocide taking place and I see arrogant, emotionless, propaganda spewing Israelis going on and on about rockets endangering their civilians.

Israel is committing war crimes. I don't care if you agree or not. This is not open for debate or discussion, it is a fact that not one Israeli supporter can deny.
In any other region of the world, if the UN came under fire there would be outrage. But not if it's Israel firing on them, why is that?

In any other scenario, the Red Cross finding children starving by the bodies of their dead families would cause condemnation and uproarious cries of anger by world leaders, but not when it's Israel killing those mothers and leaving their children to die.

Not one person with a sane mind can justify these actions by Israel. If they do, they are either insane, completely ignorant of what is really happening, or simply nasty to the core (I won't use the word "evil" in this case, because that suggests religious overtones).
This is insanity of the worst kind.

No doubt another pro-Israel member will post in just a second ignoring the statements by the Red Cross, Amnesty International, the UN.. and they'll state again "but, but, but, the rockets...!"

That's the only thing they can use to justify the mass murder of Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bl0rg
I guess murdering 300+ civilians is clearly not enough for Israel.

Isn't it now up to 800+?

And that's before international agencies go in to count the real cost of this genocide.

Strange how no one is demanding international observers in to see what is actually happening. I wonder why Israel hasn't allowed the press to go in without them?

No doubt it's so that we don't all see what they're really doing there; murdering families and leaving the children to starve beside their bodies.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Hmm. Are there no rockets? I mean - it is all correct in your post. But what do you expect Israel to do? Rockets are fired at it from area controlled by what you call "few Hamas". Everybody knew that israel would solve the issue , and since it could not do it by talks (few Hamas did not want to go on with truce - remember?) it is doing it by force.
You say that rockets are not excuse to kill innocent - and you are also correct. But rockets are the reason for all this mess if you like it or not. So if you count this fact as israeli propaganda - then using same approach dead civilians are just palestinian propaganda. Even if they are a fact. Maybe Israeli spokesman are using this logic - similar to yours by the way?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes I would be interested what the average American thinks of all thsi as its his/her tax dollars that are paying for it. America suppiles the bullets and the bombs and the Israelis Mafia usues them.

As an American, I think that if Hamas would stop lobbing rockets over the border, the Israelis probably wouldn't be using those bullets and bombs we sell them right now. There's no doubt that Israeli tactics are heavy-handed, but everyone knew that 20 years ago. Everyone also knows that a few rockets over the border will serve no purpose but to provoke the Israeli government. So why do it?

For that reason, I think that Hamas deserves at least as much blame as the Israelis for the current suffering of the Palestinian people. They have no means of victory, and as a result, their attacks on the Israelis only serve to further enrage their opponent.

If there is to be a peace in the region, someone needs to commit to it. Thus far, neither side has done so. The Palestinians may not be able to control what the Israelis do, but they can control Hamas and its provocations if they want. Until they do that, however, they really can't complain when Israel drops the hammer on them for Hamas' transgressions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join