It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childs room haunted...some advice please...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by TH3ON3

First, your daughter's age. Anecdotal evidence speaks to increased 'paranormal' activity as a child goes through puberty. For whatever that's worth, it may account for the onset of weird stuff.

You beat me to it, Johnny!

Difficult one this! I had a situation in a house I loved in as a child. I used to wake up crying that they old man was "sitting on my legs again". I used to be woken up by an old man who would pin me down and stare at me. I was physically held down.

My mother found that by moving the position of the bed, that it would calm down. There would still be events - things moving around, bed shaking...but no real terrifying stuff. I would see the old man peaking down from the attic whenever the attic door was open. He would hide out just above my bedroom.

I think Johnny made a good point about the aspects of your daughter's age. That's when things started to get more frequent for me with respect to lots of paranormal aspects. I had everything from ghosts to incubus type events. Harrowing...

Anyway, it could be a good time to work with your daughter on building up her aura. I wish that someone had worked with me on stuff. I basically just tried to push it under the carpet and was a wreck for a couple of years (slept with the light on between the ages of 16-18).

You sound like a really good mum. I wish I had had someone to rely on to help like your daughter does.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I do wish some users would read threads properly.....
"christianlove" I do not practice witchcraft-I said that I had dabbled as a teen something that I guess a lot of us go through I wouldn't have called it hard core stuff and I certainly didn't envoke any demons would have scared me too much!
What I did was to cleanse my daughters room,I lite a candle said some words (kind of a poem I wrote)and asked it to leave- the room after became warmer and as I said before everything still seems calm....I said I had a vision in my mind of an old man with a walking stick...that could just be me,but I felt a link....I do not feel it is demonic,and as someone said before it could be looking out for my daughter,trying to pass a message....I don't know...At the moment,alls calm and hopefully will remain so....

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Difficult one this! I had a situation in a house I loved in as a child. I used to wake up crying that they old man was "sitting on my legs again". I used to be woken up by an old man who would pin me down and stare at me. I was physically held down.

My mother found that by moving the position of the bed, that it would calm down. There would still be events - things moving around, bed shaking...but no real terrifying stuff. I would see the old man peaking down from the attic whenever the attic door was open. He would hide out just above my bedroom.

I think Johnny made a good point about the aspects of your daughter's age. That's when things started to get more frequent for me with respect to lots of paranormal aspects. I had everything from ghosts to incubus type events. Harrowing...

Anyway, it could be a good time to work with your daughter on building up her aura. I wish that someone had worked with me on stuff. I basically just tried to push it under the carpet and was a wreck for a couple of years (slept with the light on between the ages of 16-18).

You sound like a really good mum. I wish I had had someone to rely on to help like your daughter does.
Many thanks I appreciate that
not everyone here has been so kind...
I so relate myself to some of what happened to you when I was a child and into my teens,it gave me gooeebumps reading what happened to you..I too had an old man I used to talk to when a child and he used to sit on my bed also the attic thing,our attic door was always being moved,our dogs used to go crazy hackles raised & growling looking behind you etc... I even now in my adult hood cannot sleep alone without the light on...or without company of some sort be it a pet etc...
Now before anyone starts on about what I have said and how I may influence my daughter-she does not know about what happened through my childhood,and I of course would never let her know that Mummy is scared of the dark!
Thanks again everyone

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I read another post on this board somewhere, and the guy was talking about feeling like his room was haunted, or something similar. He drew the Runic "power" symbol on a piece of paper in every corner of the room. That took care of the strange feeling he was having that he wasn't safe and there was another entity in the room.

You could try that...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by coney

aye, good point coney! I remember reading on that in a book...

Here's the book ref. It's called Practical Psychic Self-defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences - by Robert Bruce.

Some of it is pretty far out and talks about negative entities...but there's a section on protective symbols that's pretty concise. Always meant to try it.

Thanks coney for reminding me I need to have a go at this!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that the entity in your house is the human spirit of an old man. The human dead generally have no power to affect our world. When they do make themselves known it's usually for a specific and loving purpose: to offer a warning, encouragement or comfort; and only for a short amount of time often right after their death. There is much evidence to suggest that these visits are "permitted" and sometimes even chaperoned by heavenly authorities.

No, I've heard of situations like yours many times; even witnessed them a time or two in other households. It always starts out the same, with beds shaking, knocking or scratching on the walls or a sundry of other noises and rattlings in the house. But this is merely the beginning. Soon the activity starts to zero in on one or two people in the house and escalates into physical and psychological attacks. Nightmares, visions, pushes/pulls and three claw scratches all speak to demonic activity and the onset of possession.

For reasons unclear they seem to be fascinated by children. I suspect it has something to do with their vulnerability and innocence. Demons will often appear as other children to your child and "play" with them. A parent must be wary of this deception and investigate these imaginary friends. Your daughter's puberty may play a role, as it may attract some of these forces. Puberty may signal a savory opportunity for the dark ones. In truth, I suspect that no reason is necessary to explain why it's in your home. There is even speculation that some of these fallen ones can be blown into your house by high winds! All I'm saying is don't beat yourself up over a reason why; sometimes, it's just because.

You asked where this entity came from. They have been among us for a very long time, having been thrown down from their lofty abodes. Some may move about whereas others are kept in certain areas. They tend to like the deep, dark places of the earth, in cellars or crypts, or the lonely parts of a house like the attic or basement. Some perch in trees and observe our affairs, or watch us through the windows.

They may been seen in many forms but do not trust your eyes, deception is their nature. Often they will take on the appearance of a human in order to mislead you. Sometimes they appear as strange beasts or animals but I think this is rare. Generally they are dark or black in color, like that of a shadow. And cold. A demonic presence is almost always heralded by an inexplicable drop in temperature.

There seems to be quite a variety of them but there are some basic signs to keep in mind. One of the best indicators of their presence is you, your own body. If one of these things is around it usually evokes an autonomic response from us. Our hair will raise, our heartbeats quicken, our breathing may become agitated, we may become nauseous or have head pain. We may also smell a foul odor or sense ourselves being watched.

The weapons against these entities are prayer, fasting and above all simple humility. If these efforts don't work I'd get an orthodox priest to bless and exorcise the house. And if even that doesn't help seek out an experienced monastic, a christian monk to expel the dark force. Many in the church have been given gifts in this regard though finding them may take some footwork.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by monkcaw]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by free2bme
Have you talked to your daughter about how to protect herself? She needs to use white light and to pray and ask the angels to be with her as well.

I agree with this. I always ask my spirit guides to protect me during my sleep and have never even had a bad dream since.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I dont believe in burning no one I believe God loves evey one read the ten commandment tho shall not kill Iv heard people have been witchs and turned to christian faith God can forgive you no matter what you did but your heart must be true. Im sorry I thought you messed with witch craft I guess I read wrong

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Find It, Burn and Turn It.
Simple. Rituals as cheap as candy but Fire is much more Dandy.
But in all seriousness either move out, put togeather history and redeem the being or Burn It into the Depths of Hell.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by christianlove I believe God loves everyone...

No matter what one's religion may be, there's nobody that can't benefit from other people's good wishes being sent their way, so I'm sure your prayers are not wasted. Nice of you to share your goodwill.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Theres a lot of reasons why maybe your daughter is being singled out by these 'spirts', thoose of which I don't know.
But yes, as a Wiccan, my best advice to you would to find someone in your area with enough experience to put your 'spirts' to rest.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by special
I work in a haunted premises could I have brought "them" home with me

In my humble opinion, yes it is very possible.

Of course I cant state this as fact, because well, as im sure you know, alot of this subject is more or less speculatuion. I just happen to be a believer having witnessed apparations and other things myself.

Anyhow, I believe that spirits/ghosts/apparitions(whatever you want to call them) may bee attracted to certain types of energy.

Perhaps this one liked the energy you put out and decided to follow that energy. when it got to your place perhaps it just liked it there and wanted to stay.

Now as for why it was buggin your daughter like that im not sure, I suppose it could have liked your daughters energy enough to want to try and contact her, or atleast let her know it was there. Or it could be that it didnt like her energy and wanted to try and chase that energy off.

Either way , the way you described seeing an old man poking her in the bak with a cane reminded me of my grandpa ( He is still alive though). He is the type of person that likes to bug others.

He is the type to stand on your right then tap you on your left shoulder to trick you into looking over the wrong shoulder. He is the type to try and tickle your feet if you fall asleep on the couch. SO annoying

So anyway, yes I believe it is possible.

I think you did exactly right, with that "spell". The only thing I would suggest, is something you already told your daughter. If he(?) comes back, attempt to talk to it in a firm but non threatening voice and tell them that they are not welcome in your house and it is time for them to leave.

It is your house and you get to decide who is allowed in.

You strike me as a person who believes in the after life. perhaps even try telling him about what the after life is like, or rather, what you believe the after life is like. Talking about heaven/paradise or whatever you call it, may just be a good incentive...Perhaps even do that while performing your spell.

But like I said, its YOUR house and only you decide who is allowed in your house. Hopefully it wont come back but if it does. I hope my advice helps

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thanks again for all the advice

Everything still seems quiet at home....sometimes feel like being watched and something is there,but nothing nasty..so ok with that...My daughter has been fine no more visits in her room,so maybe my "magic"
worked

My work however still remains as is....not really in my place to get them to cleanse there,but I actually saw a man walk past me when I was sorting out some chairs the other day,and there was no one in the shop? the following day at the same spot I had seen him a boxed barbacue fell off the shelf (well say fell it sort of come off shelf and landed several feet away) they are very heavy and there was no way it could have just fallen...but again I don't feel threatened...so will have to see how it goes...
Thanks again...will keep you posted if anymore things occur

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
A neat trick is to get a small transmitter of some type that your child can keep in bed to alert you. It can be as simple as a button with wires running into your room to turn on a flashlight.
When she feels something, she can wake you up remotely.
You can the go to her with camera, voice recorder or baseball bat if that makes you feel better.
If you can see or experience what she is seeing it might give you an idea of where to take this.
Sometimes just the knowledge that you are only the push of a button away gives children the confidence to handle it without panicking or even brush off the issue and go back to sleep.

A friend of mine had a 8 year old that was afraid of something in her room. I installed a remote for her ceiling fan light that the girl kept in bed with her. After a few nights of turning that light on and off the girl came to the conclusion that it was nothing and then she slept through the night with no problems.

Another benefit of the remote is that people with night terrors have an instant 'course of action' to take upon awakening and can see that they are in a safe place.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
well our "friend" is back again....and coincidently my daughter came to work with me again yesterday & last night its back again poking her in the back! I have cleansed her room again this evening as before so will see what happens tonight.....it appears that this is most defiantly related to the premises I work in as the last time she came to work with me was when the problems started for some reason this "whatever it is" likes to attach to my daughter......

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah yeah , these people are trying to scare you it would seem . You did the right thing , you helped your child out and that's all you can ask for. I don't know much about spirits , it could of been a relative who knows?

So she lit a candle , stop trying to scare her off with all this Witch nonsense. Many people have different minds and opinions on this subject it seems evident from the posts so far. I think you've done the right thing , don't buy in to any other baloney about the harm you may of caused your child because that's not true , and you said it all worked anyway so job accomplished.

If i was to light some candles and make some chants up , that doesn't mean i've opened up a portal to the unknown and my life is in danger because i was thinking positive what harm can come?

People who delve in to this WitchCraft thing too much obviously take it a little too seriously. If it was all real people would use it in everyday life to gain power and earn money somehow abusing the craft , but it's just theory and if it's true than please someone right now , place a curse on me. Ive already been through enough to let some suspicious random cause me harm. All i can say is good on you for helping your daughter , some people have left great comments and ideas and seem to think sage will work so why not give that a go . I'm just sick of people trying to tell/scare into their wild beliefs.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As previously stated, I too find sage to be an awesome cleanser. Make sure you sage yourselves as well. Don't forget to get in corners and for me, I go around three times first to clean all negative and call out the negativity as well for example worry, saddness, strife - whatever may be in your reality. Second time around, I'm quiet and focus on peace, third time ask for those positive aspects to manifest 'let laughter and joy to be heard and felt within these walls, may love be felt here always, this is a place of security and comfort ect.' This is just what works for me.

Also, before you start, even if the presence has seemed to move on, acknowledge it's presence and thank it for it's visit but, it's time for him to move on. This is your space now and ask him to respect that.

From research and experience, I have noticed an increased in activity among children going through puberty; especially among girls. IMO the chemical and energy changes in teens make them prone to paranormal activites. There is nothing to fear here tho, know that.

A quick note about posters whom you find to be negative, opposing your own beliefs, or even worse those who would make personal attacks - ignore them. That's what I do. I find a lot of 'emotional attacks' on ATS and it derails the thread and interrupts the flow of conversation. As I ignore them, I wish they'd afford us the same respect. Not every thread is a pulpit and if the subject matter offend you, read something else.

Good luck to you and your daughter! I'm sure you'll be fine and hopefully have some serenity.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This time it has ignored my request to leave...
Tried the sage last night around her room & she had a peaceful night last night,so will see what tonight holds....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by special
This time it has ignored my request to leave...
Tried the sage last night around her room & she had a peaceful night last night,so will see what tonight holds....

You might want to try Dragon's blood, it similar to sage and frankincense. I heard Dragon's blood is very potent when it comes to protection rituals. You can find candles and incense made of this stuff online, just Google it up.

All this stuff your doing with the sage and protection rituals with the white candle is only temporarily. This spirit isn't going to leave with just the stuff you been using, what the sage and the protection rituals will do is clear the area of negative energy. It will rebuild again over time, especially if its targeting your daughter. Or maybe it has something bounded to that room or her, What you need to do is get someone to come in and do either a passing ritual, or to identity if this thing is a demonic presence. Demonic haunting are rare, but occasionally you hear about them and they can be dealt with but not alone. You need someone with a very strong faith to do this passing ritual look for a holy person, priest or pastor or a medium, someone who has experience with this stuff. The reason you can't do this alone, is because your faith might not be as strong. And whatever it is can sense it, A person with strong faith can do this because it believes in something higher and is empowered by that. If you search around the net I'm sure your find someone local to your area. Either way, I hope you can find a way to resolve your problem. I wish you the best and prayer.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Nemox42]

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just thought I would give an update...
The sage worked and continues to work have felt whatever it was has gone..my daughter has had no nightly visits and I have now also left the place of work....
Thanks all for your help & support

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join