It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have brainwashed ourselves with 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Let's face it, most of us 2012'ers are so sure that something will happen on 21-12-2012, that we are almost ready to attack anyone who says anything different. It's almost as we have brainwashed ourselves with the whole 2012 phenomena.

Many of us are so eager to see the signs, to discuss the future prospects, to decipher the codes of 2012, to even prepare for safe houses when 21-12-2012 occurs, that nothing else catches our attention at the moment. I'm guilty of doing it myself, so I am no different from the rest of 2012'ers.

But what I am suggesting is: let's just for a while step out of the whole 2012 hysteria and see the whole picture. See the fact that we have at this point brainwashed ourselves with 2012 and we can be very easy targets of frauds and decoys. Perhaps some intelligent minds are already at work now to execute a perfect event to make us 2012'ers follow a false lead.

Everything about 2012 and the whole end-of-the-world/Antichrist/Planetary Alignment/Ascension thing - I believed in that for a long time myself. All the New Agers beliefs culminating towards 2012. Books by authors like Barbara Marciniak describing the 2012 Big Accession into higher vibrations. Et cetera.

Somehow, it's...to easy. Too predictible.

There's got to be something else. There's got to be some forces at work here, who use 2012 to cover-up something else, something bigger. Something in the direction that we cannot see or feel. Something else. Something that is perhaps right before our eyes, which we cannot see, due to our attention on 2012.

Perhaps we ought to keep an open mind and not lock ourselves upon theories and predictions of other people, just to add our voices to the already-existing theories.

Perhaps we ought to look in another direction.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

There's got to be something else. There's got to be some forces at work here, who use 2012 to cover-up something else, something bigger. Something in the direction that we cannot see or feel. Something else. Something that is perhaps right before our eyes, which we cannot see, due to our attention on 2012.

I believe you are right in your assumption. I believe 'they' are using 2012 just as they've used every other distracting media to keep us from the now.

If you are stuck in the future, thinking of what will come, or the past - thinking to place blame or realize history, you can never realize the joy all around you at this moment in time. Even as you're reading this, you are not living in the now, you are living in the 'however many hours ago I wrote this'. You can never live in this moment and have the capacity to understand what's going on around you at this very moment until you accept the past for what it is, and accept the future for what it may be, yet there's no reason not to plan for whatever the future may bring in the now. If you are living in the future, you are not preparing for it, you are simply distracting yourself from the now - from what's going in your immediate vicinity, from what's going on in all the mainstream media spin rooms, from what's going on in the world at this moment. This is what 'they' want most from you - nothing at all to do with the now.

Peace and Love Fox

EDIT: Sry.
Guess the love thread got me goin'

Love is nothing... (LOL)

[edit on 10-1-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

Have you read Eckhart Tolle The Power of Now by any chance? Your reply is very much in the way he thinks. We spend too much time looking back and regreting what we did, analysing what would have happened if we'd have done X,Y and Z only to then have our minds consumed with worry about whats going to happen tomorrow, next week and next year. 2012 does indeed fit into the future scenario of worry.

I agree with this thread, we have all become obsessed with 2012 and this thread has made me think...why? Why have I become so into a prediction that is over 3 years away? I dont even really know whats sopposed to happen anyway, the theories grow by the day. For me its always been about ascension, to reach a higher spiritual frequency. All the doom, gloom and destruction doesnt really interest me or even bother me. I am starting to think we actually may be missing the real point behind this because we are too busy looking forward all the time.

When you say "they" dont want any of us to live in the now, who are "they" exactly? What would happen if the majority became of the now I wonder?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You're not the first to consider that 2012 may be a coverup.
All I think about with it is the Mayan calendar. Although I think things might change, I don't know how or what or why. I think -some- people have brainwashed themselves, but maybe the smart ones have actually held back, like you recommend. There is no way to know the future, especially about things like this. All we can do is guess, and it's better if we don't make ourselves nuts over it.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I think -some- people have brainwashed themselves, but maybe the smart ones have actually held back, like you recommend. There is no way to know the future, especially about things like this. All we can do is guess, and it's better if we don't make ourselves nuts over it.

(Well said)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I predict chickens will learn how to fly on 2012. And anyone that challenges me CAN DIE!!!!

Heh. Who cares? I don't argue with people over what I believe to often especially not something that can't be proven for another 3 years. It's ignorant.

I say there will be a planetary alignment within our solar system and that is it and that is based on NASA's findings.... and they got the hubble telescope and a bunch of nerdy scientists so I'll believe them.

However the rest?

One thing I can tell you will happen on 2012. I will be naked, in a green robe with green fuzzies, and I will have a golden cane, and I will be hosting a free barbeque. Hopefully the police don't get to angry. I'm sure plenty of other people will be do stupider things.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I definetly feel something...anything....will happen on that date but I'm not letting it consume my life. I'm very interested in it but I still have fun and have plans for my future even if something doesn't happen. Don't let the worry consume three years of your life just to be disappointed.
Always have a backup plan. : )

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

please refrain from using sweeping generalisations , the ubiquitous " we " and " most of us "

because YOU may have bought into the hype - but i certainly havnt - and if you actually take a break and look out in the real world - you will quickly discover that ` concern ` about 2012 is very low in most peoples minds

its only chicken littles on internet forums and shysters with books / dvds and seminars to promote that are scraming " doom in 2012 "

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have think that how many will sit finally here in ATS at 21.12.2012...

- How many will run to mountains?
- How many will play with their childrens?

One way or another, that will be historical day... Waiting for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

One thing I can tell you will happen on 2012. I will be naked, in a green robe with green fuzzies, and I will have a golden cane, and I will be hosting a free barbeque. Hopefully the police don't get to angry. I'm sure plenty of other people will be do stupider things.

Yes very good, probably the best thing to do actually. Im sure the police would leave activities such as this alone due to other more extreme pursuits as this date approaches.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I have think that how many will sit finally here in ATS at 21.12.2012...

- How many will run to mountains?
- How many will play with their childrens?

One way or another, that will be historical day... Waiting for it.

It will probably be so hyped up that even Paris Hilton will be talking about 2012 soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by JanusFIN

It will probably be so hyped up that even Paris Hilton will be talking about 2012 soon.

REPLY:

Now thats what I call hype! However sadly you are right, this time next year it will be a buzz word, films will be made, books wrote , DVD you name it...remember the millenium
But the real message will be lost in a hype of aliens crashing down, galactic wars raging, Brad Pitt saving the world from asteroids or whatever..these things sell it will come true.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I can't say as I've ever heard of Eckhart Tolle. I suppose, at the time I wrote that, I was probably keying off of Jiddu Krishnamurti's Radical Revolution in Consciousness (Real Revolution) or perhaps one of a plethora of Deepok Chopra's works, but mostly I'm sure it was from just having replied and reflected on the word "Love" in all it's glory.
We truly are all connected, whether we wish to believe it or not, whether we like the person next to us or not, even whether we think we're a higher species or not.

As for 2012, I have learned to always look forward to change and emergence, even in these days of utter complacency and violent exchanges to keep things the way they are, for there simply is no way around it in the end. Even if death becomes me on 12/21/12, I am consistently unable to realize any negativity from it. The only thing I can imagine death bringing is a pure relief never comprehended by me before.

After close to 20 years of researching disinformation, powers that be, George Carlin's "people that own us", the unbelievably inhumane world of Banking and Profit ("they") and the people paid by "they" pulling the wool over everyone's eyes (media), I've been forced to come to a place in my life where I understand what I want right now, to not sacrifice it for things I want in the future, for the future will most likely be different than most people realize anyway.

Like an alcoholic or a junkie recovering from years of abuse, I am living in the now...day by day...enjoying every minute I am afforded with my family, my friends, my loved ones and the people who I come across who I feel deserve my consideration and ultimately my protection if I am able. When one is prepared for the worst, as I am (in every way), one is able to sit back, relax and enjoy the true bliss that comes in not being afraid of death, in being connected with the ones you love and in waiting for the inevitable overwhelming feeling of relief that will certainly come to all of us eventually.

There is a remarkable amount of freedom in not being afraid to die, for ironically, it releases a drive unheard of to finally pursue living. I have learned that even if I live my whole life through without the bad eventualities I have come to be aware of coming to fruition, I will not feel as though I've made a mistake, I will not die with regret and I will have full awareness that I have lived my life to the fullest and happiest despite "they". "They" have nothing on "me".

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

I agree with your logic in the same passion as you do. I wish more people would understand and relate to these same principles that you state. Although, I do have some minor differences with my outlook. You don’t fear death due to you are prepared for the worst. As for me, I don’t fear death becomes it’s a mystery that I want to solve. I am one of those rare people that sort of look forward to death. Not in a psychotic manner, but simply in hopes of more. If death is a new beginning, what is it a beginning of? Will I acquire magical powers and join some side of righteousness or evil? Will I repeat another life in another dimension? Where the laws of physics are quite different? Will I repeat another life in a different time plane? Will I repeat another life as a different being? So many possibilities, so many outcomes. To me this is but an adventure, I am looking forward too. Just hoping that, “Death is only the beginning.”

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
great thread
i think anything could happen in 2012, we wont know till then so i think in the meantime we should appreciate what we have, keep our eyes and minds open, become a more enlightened species and hope for the best
i am certainly guilty of getting wrapped up in what might be but i believe it's best to keep a positive energy flowing and not to focus on this "end day" we have learned of....december 21st 2012 could bring us something amazing. in the meantime, if we only have a couple of years left here i'm going to make sure evryday is enjoyed...kiss my baby more, play outside more, smile more and be prepared for anything. lol.
peace

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I am not expecting anything different than any other year come by.

The perpetuation of the imminent "something is to happen" is enforced by those posting threads on 2012 including this one.

Nothing to see just another 2012, it will be important because is an election year.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by down2earthmama
great thread
i think anything could happen in 2012, we wont know till then so i think in the meantime we should appreciate what we have, keep our eyes and minds open, become a more enlightened species and hope for the best

That too and also we have to keep our eyes open - because something tells me that while we all look at 2012-the-end-of-the-world scenario, something else is going on in the background, while our attention is diverted.

CX

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Personaly i feel it will be another date to add to the failed predictions list.

Yes by that time we may be under martial law or a nuke will have gone off somewhere, triggering world war.....but i don't read too much into the whole 2012 thing at all.

CX.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
2012 should happen. I hope it is something positive and not the real end. I hope aliens come and let us try their food!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, sort of by definition something significant will happen on that date. I suspect however that it will either be:
  • Something that was contrived to happen on that date, by people picking that date for it's Mayan calendar significance (e.g. a terrorist attack).
  • Something that could have happened on any other day, and just coincidentally occurred on that day (e.g. earthquake, etc.)
  • Something would be considered insignificant on any other day, but because of the date will be considered significant (e.g. somebody getting struck by lightning, etc.)

top topics

join