It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The news we get in the UK [Video]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

It's not the government employees we have to worry about, it's the CIA, the Military, Blackwater, etc. To win against the government with violence would take 30 million Americans at least, probably more...and most Americans aren't willing to die for freedom.

However, when they begin to starve, I agree, there will be trouble.

It's too bad we can't get 100 million Americans to march and protest, and instead of using violence, use the methods Ghandi taught us. With that many people, the military may not fire, because their own families might be part of this.
Hopefully, too, as more people get access to the truth, the less people will join the military, until we begin to start acting with the responsibility that goes with such power, and start following the constitution.

Right now, true patriots like Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul get dis-invited from presidential primary debates, and are completely marginalized by the MSM. If Obama had planned any REAL change, he would have never been elected....I don't think anyone can who's not willing to tow the corporate/banking/oil/and M.I.C. lines...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree completely. Animals can't defend themselves against the cruelty of some humans, so it is up to more evolved and compassionate humans to protect the animals from these people who think it's their "right" to be able to kill animals. Do you think you should be able to kill humans, too?

I'm all for individual rights, but with rights come responsibility. I believe we should have the right to do anything that doesn't harm another person, animal, or enviroment--beyond minor harm that simply can't be helped: like walking on an ant, or breathing out C02. I understand, too, that foxes can be a pest, and I'm not saying that if one is on your own property, endangering your children or chickens, that you shouldn't be able to shoot this fox.

But you shouldn't be able to go into the foxes territories and use dogs to hunt them down and savage them by the hundreds. That's just cruel, just like the use of helicopters to hunt down wolves in Alaska. It takles away any honor that hunting may have...and I think it has little in this day and age. You can't escape your time! Hunting is a sin when in every grocery store there are slabs of every meat already available. In light of this cruelty, to further kill is adding insult to injury, so to speak, unless it's for survival.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The UK TV news is incredibly fair and objective (BBC, ITV etc) any differences really are very minor when put into context .. and buy context I mean check out the US media !

I was out there for 3 months last year, and the media is a reflection on the politics. In politics there really is a difference between right and left, stem cells, abortion, anti-darwinism etc - really fundamental differences.

The UK media, likes our politics are 2 sides of the same coin, both sitting slightly to one side of the edge - and they wonder why we aren't engaged (I digress).

I saw a fantastic interview once on Fox, the two opposing politicions were each given a 2 minute slot to put there point across. After the first one, the anouncer came on and introduced the second speech thus,

"The accused child molester Mr blah de blah, member of the xxx party will now respond"

'fair and objective' lol, I don't expect a single person listened to what he said (he was later dismissed of all charges btw).

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I'm lucky enough to have cable and have watched the BBC for years to get my news.

However, all the news media's around the world are systematically being controlled to an extent.

The best source for news I hear is right here on the internet.

We depend on each other to keep all of us in the know as to what's really going on.

Start researching who owns what and it gets real interesting.

www.ehow.com...

Step1Our news media is owned now by major corporations such as General Electric, Westinghouse and Walt Disney. How can you find out who owns what?

Step2There are a number of sites on the web such as Columbia Journalism Review and Whoownsthenews.com that give a breakdown of what major corporations own what media in the country. Since the deregulation of the media that has happened in the past few years, many more local news outlets of all kinds are owned by one company.

Step3To find out who owns you local paper read the fine print, usually on the first page that states something like "a Newscorp company" etc. Google these names to find the parent company that owns your local paper.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join