It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual/Paranormal Book Club Thread!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ok Sorry, Kinda Got A Bit Jumpy There!

Just Looked at The other Thread and its got some meat. Il be reading through it and deciding how to move on!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

I have a copy of ‘A Course in Spiritual Philosophy’ by Amanda Valiant, published in 1991. Unique in history, it is not a religious book, and was compiled from information passed to Amanda Valiant by the highest beings in the spiritual universe during hundreds of communications.

The book includes the following:

The Chart of Spiritual Existence
The Akashic Record
Reincarnation & Kharma
The Mind
The Inhabited Planets

Also without reference to any religion, the following topics are included, where these high spiritual beings have the chance to put the record straight on what has been written about them by the religions:

The Kingdom of Heaven
Jesus Christ the Truth
God’s Role in The Universe

It is available at a very low price and available for worldwide shipment from:

www.sphere8.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Have you all noticed a tendency on the part of higher entities to go on rants about lifestyle? There is always the bit about how we live in a mutually agreed upon consensus reality that is not real at all but that traps us in our misery and how we can step out of it by changing our attitude and moving toward the light. Lots of inspiring stuff there of course. But then we are given advice on everything from the importance of being vegetarian to getting rid of tv and microwaves, drinking only fresh water, certain forms of exercise etc not to mention don't take medications, be self sufficient away from the cities. If this is consensus reality, then this stuff doesn't matter. Our problems started long before tvs and cellphones and modern drugs. And for a bunch of ascended entities who haven't had bodies for eons, who can't even remember what a body feels like, to be telling us how to live better in a body within the consensus reality seems a bit silly. Tell me how I can see outside this reality, how I can let go of the chains of it, but forget about going in circles within the reality that's getting nowhere.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This thread is pretty much dead, but i will make an attempt to revive it. Here is a very brief summary of the books I have read over the last 8 Months. I recommend them all, and would really like to hear from someone who has read any of them. If any one wants to siscuss them, or wants some more information on the books please ask and I will tell you what you can.

Come on people, do you really want the truth? Do you feel you need to know if there is somthing else out there? Then read! The knowledge is out there! And at the minute I am hungry for it. I have really cahnged my outlook on life lately, and hope that some of these will do the same for you. Peace!

Leaving the Body
by D. Scott Rogo

First publication I read on Astral Projection. Discusses several techniques for leaving the body, people who have pioneered research into leaving the body as well as some metaphysical background on Astral Projection in general.
I highly recommend this book to people interested in Astral Projection. I started to have my first breakthroughs whils reading it.

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)
By Scott Cunningham

This was recommended her on ATS so I thought I would give it a try. I found it very interesting, and a very intricate view on the world of Wicca. The book also includes the Authors own Book of Shadows (Mantras, Rituals Techniques).

Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives
by Michael Newton

Really enjoyed this book! The author uses a form of hypnosis which is called Past Life Regression. By getting the mind into a super relaxed state, he can talk directly with the subconscious mind. The mind is the store for the mind, and all the patients past lives can be recalled as well as the time on the other side and the transitions between lives. The book is set out in a logical fashion, and answers a lot of questions you ever had about the soul. Highly recommended!

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
by Joseph Murphy (Author), Ian McMahan (Author, Editor)

Very powerful book. Essentially a self help book, it teaches you how your mind works and how you can use it to your advantage. After reading the book I can honestly say it made me change the way I think forever. Again, Highly Recommended.

The Other Side and Back: A Psychic's Guide to Our World and Beyond
by Sylvia Browne (Author), Lindsay Harrison (Author)

Sylvia Browne has taken a bit of a hit on ATS, being labelled as a fraud etc. I personally loved this book, the author seems very down to earth and educates the reader on all stuff spiritual. Very Recommended.
Above Top Secret by Jim Marrs
Anyone who loves ATS needs to read this book. It summarises some of the biggest conspiracies out there today. What else can I say, It is all the knowledge of ATS but in a perfectly written way!

A Course in Astral Travel and Dreams by Belzebuub

Decided to try a more modern approach to astral projection. My theory being that if the people who claim to have read this book have achieved projection so I could i! I was expecting to be disappointed after reading but I really wasn’t. It had been a while since I had read anything relating to Astral Projecting and this was very refreshing, and led to some breakthroughs with my dreaming.

Hollow Earth by David Standish
A topic I have been fascinated by for a while, I decided to see if I could find out any more about it. The book starts off brilliantly and ends the same way, but I kinda lost interest half way through. The book is very good, but the main point of the book is examining other peoples views on the hollow earth, which are unfortunaly nearly all fictional. A good read, but not what I was expecting.

Chakra Clearing by Doreen Virtue

This book came with an accompanying CD with some meditations on which is ver good, the book however was a bit of a let down. It is a brief introduction to the chakras, where I was after some really serious information that could take my knowledge to the next level. For someone new to the idea, a good read however.

The Secret Doctrine (The Synthesis of Science, Religeon and Philosophy) By Helena Petronova Blavastky

I currently reading this at the minute, and believe me, It is a HEAVY read. I don’t think I am quite ready for the knowledge contained in this book, but I hope to one day understand.

1984 by George Orwell

A fictional book, but I would recommend this to EVERYONE, especially ATS readers and Conspiracy Theorists. There is a message in the book, and it really makes you think about a lot of things, which is exactly what I want from a book.

All these books have a them linking them. I wasn't expecting it but I found it. Consciousness and percieved reality. The mind is capable of brilliant things, you just have to unlock its power. If anyone has anymore material, please, please share!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just a quick bump and an update of some of the books I have read and/or about to read over the last 18months for anyone whos interested. If anyone is interested in any books on the list I will be glad to give my opinion for whatever its worth!

Leaving the Body (Paperback)
by D. Scott Rogo (Author) READ

The Art and Practice of Astral Projection (Paperback)
by "Ophiel" (Author) READ

Dreams (Paperback)
by C.W. Leadbeater (Author)

Journeys Out of the Body (Paperback)
by Robert A. Monroe (Author)

Far Journeys (Paperback)
by Robert A Monroe (Author)

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner (Llewellyn's Practical Magick) (Paperback)
by Scott Cunningham (Author) READ

Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives (BOGDAN)
by Michael Newton Read READ

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives (BOGDAN)
by Michael Newton

Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression (BOGDAN)
by Michael Newton

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind (BOGDAN)
by Joseph Murphy (Author), Ian McMahan (Author, Editor) READ

The Other Side and Back: A Psychic's Guide to Our World and Beyond (BOGDAN)
by Sylvia Browne (Author), Lindsay Harrison (Author) READ

The Projection of the Astral Body (Paperback)
by Sylvan Muldoon (Author), Hereward Carrington (Author)

2012 (Mass Market Paperback)
by Whitley Streiber (Author)

Course in Astral Travel and Dreams (Paperback)
by Belzebuub (Author) READ

The Occult Roots of Nazism: Secret Aryan Cults and Their Influence on Nazi Ideology (Paperback)
by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke (Author)

The Lost Civilisation of Lemuria: The Rise and Fall of the World's Oldest Culture (Paperback)
by Joseph Frank (Author)

Hollow Earth: The Long and Curious History of Imagining Strange Lands, Fantastical Creatures, Advanced Civilizations and Marvelous Machines Below the Earth's Surface (Paperback)
by David Standish (Author) READ

Kingdom of Agarttha: A Journey into the Hollow Earth (Paperback)
by Marquis Alexandre Saint-yves D'alveydre (Author) READ

Among the Gnomes: An Occult Tale of Adventure in the Untersberg [Facsimile] (Paperback)
by Franz Hartmann (Author)

Nineteen Eighty-Four (Paperback)
by George Orwell (Author) READ

Chakra Clearing: Awakening Your Spiritual Power to Know and Heal: Book + CD (Book & CD) (Hardcover)
by Doreen Virtue (Author) READ

Kundalini and the Chakras: A Practical Manual - Evolution in This Lifetime (Ophiels sealed lessons in occult power) (Paperback)
by Genevieve Lewis Paulson (Author) READ

The Illuminatus!: Trilogy (Paperback)
by Robert Shea (Author), Robert Anton Wilson (Author) READ

The Secret Doctrine: A Synthesis of Science, Religion and Philosophy (Paperback)
by H.P. Blavatsky (Author) READ

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: AND All and Everything (Arkana) (Paperback)
by G. Gurdjieff (Author) READ

Memoirs (Paperback)
by David Rockefeller (Author)

The Divine Comedy (Everyman's Library Classics) (Hardcover)
by Dante Alighieri (Author)

The Dumas Club (Paperback)
by Arturo Perez-Reverte (Author) READ

The Beautiful Side of Evil (Paperback)
by Johanna Machaelson (Author)

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (Paperback)
by Eckhart Tolle (Author) READ

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Paperback) BOGDAN
by Eckhart Tolle (Author)

Astrology for the Soul (Bantam Classics) (Paperback)
by Jan Spiller (Author) READ

Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart (Paperback)
by Stephen Arroyo (Author) READ

Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
by Anthony Louis (Author) READ

The Red Book: Liber Novus (Hardcover)
by CG Jung (Author)

Principia Discordia (Paperback)
by Malaclypse the Younger (Author)

Necronomicon: The Best Weird Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft (Gollancz S.F.) (Hardcover)
by H.P. Lovecraft (Author)

The Complete I Ching: The Definitive Translation by the Taoist Master Alfred Huang (Paperback)
by Alfred Huang (Translator) READ

A Practical Guide to the Runes: Their Uses in Divination and Magick (Llewellyn's New Age) (Paperback)
by Lisa Peschel (Author) READ

The Secret Teachings of All Ages: An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic, Hermetic, Qabbalistic and Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy (Forgotten Books) (Paperback)
by Manly P. Hall (Author) READING

Brave New World (Paperback)
by Aldous Huxley (Author)

Island (Paperback)
by Aldous Huxley (Author) READING

The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback)
by J. D. Salinger (Author) READ

Ulysses (Penguin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
by James Joyce (Author)

The Third Eye (Mass Market Paperback)
by Rampa (Author) READ

The Fourth Dimension: Sacred Geometry, Alchemy and Mathematics (Paperback)
by Rudolf Steiner (Author)

Anti-gravity and the World Grid (Lost Science (Adventures Unlimited Press)) (Paperback)
by David Hatcher Childress (Author, Editor)

The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt (Paperback)
by Christopher Dunn (Author)

Conversations: Freedom Is Everything & Love Is All the Rest (Paperback)
by Richard Bandler (Author)

The Odyssey (Penguin Classics) (Paperback)
by Homer (Author)

I also have a collection of EBOOKS which I could post on similar subjects.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carlitomoore
Let's Pretend: A Tale of Mind, Imagination, and Healing
Very rarely does a fiction book check all of the boxes for five stars, but Let's Pretend by Christian Hageseth does. Initially, I thought it was going to be a fun read, exploring Peter's life and difficulties in an imaginary reality, but instead parts of the book touched me in unexpected ways, resulting in the story of Peter's experiences positively affecting my own life.

The beginning did intrigue me, with the protagonist awakening on a lovely beach, alone and unaware of how he got there. Right away, he finds a bottle with a message in it and suddenly a genie, Holly, appears. I thought here we go with a genie story, but no, instead the story takes off into Peter's imaginary reality for a very fun and enlightening ride.

Peter, in real life, has Parkinson's, which he manages without medication. In nearly every way, his life is broken and PTSD brings him down further. His strong will and take on life experiences are the sparks that give him the position to be chosen in this imaginary place to learn deeper meanings of his own life and to perhaps help others when he awakens. He travels throughout the imaginary reality land, meets visionary people from history, faces his travails from the past and learns of deeper knowledge within him, the gifts of his experiences. Holly the genie/angel guide helps him acknowledge what he learned and they form a deep connection.

While my own life has been quite different from Peters' life, I started thinking of my past, what events happened that perhaps touched me in a negative manner, yet unknown to my conscious mind. After reading different chapters, I took long walks or spent quiet time thinking how events in my life maybe affected my own health. The outcome was that yes, I did have some thorny areas. Don't we all? And shining the light on those areas has already started making small changes in my own life. The world, universe is greater than I thought before reading Let's Pretend.

The book is well written with solid characterization, smooth pacing and descriptive settings. The pages turn easily as the events flow to reveal more about Peter and his world. I recommend this book to anyone who reads, who has felt hard times and wants to feel better. It is a book to buy for yourself and also for anyone you care about.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Robert Anton Wilson/ cosmic trigger
Peter Carrol/ liber null and the psychonaut
Dion Fortune/ Psychic self defense

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join