It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet 911 and Internet Patriot Act on the way? ExCounter Terrorist Czar Richard Clarke said

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

Former Counter Terrorism Czar Richard Clarke told a leading expert on internet free speech, Stanford law professor Lawrence Lessig, that there was going to be an "i-9/11", in other words, an electronic terrorist act, and an "i-Patriot Act" to crack down on freedoms on the Internet under the guise of protecting against such threats:

There’s going to be an i-9/11 event. Which doesn’t necessarily mean an Al Qaeda attack, it means an event where the instability or the insecurity of the internet becomes manifest during a malicious event which then inspires the government into a response. You’ve got to remember that after 9/11 the government drew up the Patriot Act within 20 days and it was passed.

At 4:30 in vid

Google Video Link

If we did just have our i-911, watch out for military spokesmen, politicians and talking heads pushing for an i-Patriot Act . . . as a way to crush free speech on the web.

Basically - we all know this is coming...... how and when is the only question.

Sorry, I still have a hard time with vids, I have tried different things and can't get it up.

vid link here: video.google.com...

[edit on 10-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I agree that this is probably inevitable. Total control is the goal, and there’s WAY too much truth getting out on the web. You know they wouldn’t even have to make it a real attack. They could just shut down the servers and make up a story. Then once the pre-prepared legislation is passed, the servers crank back up with the legislative shackles in place.

So we’ll just have work as hard as we can while it’s still light, knowing that darkness comes when no man can work.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Yep, that is why I try to copy as much good information as possible on my computer, mainly about survival things.

I know at some point we will be cutoff from getting the truth and we will only have the news/propaganda that the govt. will allow aired.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wasnt the Patriot Act already drawn up prior to 9/11? I thought after 9/11 it was expedited into law.. I might be off but I dont think so.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by schmitthead]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

You’ve got to remember that after 9/11 the government drew up the Patriot Act within 20 days and it was passed.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Its not going to happen guys ...

we all know that they have access to EVERYTHING ... everything you do in the internet is recorded somehow ... they can control everything this way, they know everything, this way nobody is worried and nobody cares, but they know what you are thinking and what you are doing ...

thats why I think that the they wont put some kind of filter in the internet, WHY put some kind of filter, if you can access easily terrorist groups information and all the other groups ...

they just need experts to hack into websites and computers if necessary ... but most portals I think release information to the governament

top topics

join