It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatia cuts gas to major consumers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Croatia cuts gas to major consumers

www.news.com.au

CROATIA has cut gas to major consumers in Zagreb as the supply crisis provoked by a dispute between Russia and Ukraine bit harder and below-freezing temperatures pushed up consumption.

The authorites cut supplies to industry and large shopping complexes this morning, after having already cut back supplies to them on Wednesday, national radio reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You have to feel for the ordinary person stuck in a cold winter, wondering if they'll have gas or not.

I can understand cutting supplies to shopping centres and less essential industry. Still, they're all pawns in a game.

How long will the stand-off continue? Can Russia keep on playing hardball with the whole continent? It's got to make me wonder why we're not really trying to capture all of that FREE sunlight and putting it to good use. That's the bigger conspiracy being played out.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Croatia did this few days ago cause they didn't know how long this crisis will last. They still have suply for about a month. The whole area has a problem. In Bosnia they didn't have any gas 2 days. Yesterday Hungary gave them some gas. In Serbia there were 90.000 people without gas on minus 20 for two days.

Russia actually turned on their gas pump since controllers from EU came in Ukraine, but it takes about 30 hours to gas to travel from Russia to Ukraine and about 36 hours to travel through Ukraine.

But now it will be OK. Ukraine can't steal gas anymore since there're controllers.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
People are happy with their lives in many parts of Europe. For many people, there is a sense of pride in their national heritages. The masses aren't yet ready to surrender their sovereignty, and ultimately their freedom.

Solution? Freeze them out. Just arbitrarily shut off their gas in the dead of winter. Just make up any old reason and wait 'till they go insane.

They'll be begging for a solution. Any solution they can get. Verichips, world government, police state, it'll all sound better than slowly freezing to death.

Oh, and let's not forget that Russia would probably rather let thousands of people freeze to death than watch the value of its main export continue to plummet.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well, greetings from Croatia! I'm short on time, so I'll be brief. Gas supply has been cut (in fact, limited) only for huge consumers in industry. Gas used for cooking or heating is still available without limitations. The supplies of gas my country has at the moment are sufficient for about 3 weeks, and if problem isn't solved in that period - then we'll be in trouble.

But this is not first Russia-Ukraine gas dispute. If I'm not wrong, we had same situation two years ago. After few rounds of negotiations, the problem was solved.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

uh oh, the Russians need the money, Ukraine is blackmailing both sides with disruption, EU controllers won't do squat because they're Ukraine-friendly anyway and won't talk shop even if hell freezes over.

see

the media spin is sickening

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2009.1.13 by Long Lance]

top topics

join