It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Must Destroy The Machines!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
No one is telling you to live in a cave, a razor blade and a toilet are not machines, and there aren't any guys named UGGG coming to rape anyone. If there are, how about you grow a pair and protect your wife and daughters?

Look, there are two extremes here. Destroying every single machine in existence, and the above post. Would really suck so bad if people didn't have PC's, cell phones, crackberries and blue tooth?

Damn, you might just have to hold a face to face conversation with someone. Just maybe you'll actually have to show up for an interview somewhere instead of just e-mailing a resume. As a matter of fact, it would be just awful if we had to know how to take care of ourselves without the aid of machinery.

People are so lazy.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Wisen Heimer,

(1) Did you or did you not use a computer to post this thread?

(2) I am going to assume you are 17 from the discription you gave us, not that age matters much in the realm of abstract thought, anyways point being that this thread is hipocritical in it's inabillity( or yours) to provide valid reasons for what you propose, while utilizing one and the same everytime you reply to a responce. At 17 and not having the years under your belt to have experienced the world, I'll keep my questions simple

(3) If you happen to fall in love and decide to bear children what expertise to you possess in order to aid in their birth(s) without machines?

(4) Providing that question #2 is true, how would you deal with an already damaged planet with out the use of any kind of machinery, do you think it would simply "heal itself" in your lifetime?

(5) As you have already stated without machines there would be no electricty, with that said what would you do when all the worlds food stocks became rancid due to not being able to be keept cold? become a farmer overnight?

I'll let you answer these questions before posting more as I an curious to hear your answers, but If you are leading by example and destroying all the machines in your parents house including the computer, then I wont hold my breath for an answer

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Didn't Ted Kazinsky already write this Manifesto?

Technology is fantastic, people like to glorify "olden times" but really life sucked, it really did...

No razor blades, guys named UGGG coming over the hill to rape your daughters and wife, no antibiotics you had to poop outside, if you were hungry you often had to go kill something no matter what the weather...

and you lived to be around 30 Yay, i'd be 7 years over due for my death, nice life

I'll keep my Machines thank you

Two Words. ANCIENT EGYPT! Thats right. Ancient Egypt. We cant touch them. Even with our machines. We suck! This sucks! You talking about midevil times which wasnt even a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

1.) Lets not use that sorry excuse for a productive conversation. I used a computer. I cant destroy the machines by myself and living in isolation is not my goal.

(2) Im 19 and obviously you are only disagreeing with my oppinion. You dont have to act offensive.

(3) Opium is easy to grow and dont forgett that surgery is not a modern procedure.

(4) It will eventually heal itself and that is all that is possible. What are you suggesting? Developing some magic ray gun to materialize all our pollution. Thats not going to happen.

(5) Yup. I live in arkansas.

I think some people fail to see the difference in society collapsing due to environmental problems and society just simply collapsing. There will be plenty of food and plenty of life. Maybe not for crap face in his master sweet in Los Angelis, but that is what will seperate the wheat from the chaft. This will hardly be an epidemic.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wisen Heimer, you make some excellent points. Surgery is not new and we, as humans, can always use basic tools. Ancient Egypt makes us look like children playing with Lincoln Logs

As for the person that posted about child bearing: Midwifery has been around for ages and ages. Not everyone ever knew how to help someone have a child. There are still people around, although they're getting to be very few, that know the skills of Midwifery which requires no machines. I'm one of these people, and if there were no machines, there would definitely be more people with these skills.

To that same person about keeping food cold: People kept food cold without refrigerators, and then again, there's always the option of smoking and preserving your meat. So all the meat would not go rancid but more people WOULD start farming and growing their own food.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
....How will be browse ATS if we get rid of all the machines?!?!?!

A machineless human society will never happen. It's in our blood to innovate and invent tools. Even if humans are sent to an earthlike planet and left there to forage and fend for themselves....eventually, they will develop machines.

Will the tools we invent ever be more powerful than we are? Yes and No

You have to understand that humans have LEARNED from movies like Terminator and The Matrix. We will have hard kill switches on our robotic terminator machines and the remote servers that control them.
Don't fear machines.

Machines making people dumb?.....I bet you can't compute 1278 x 29 in your head in a matter of seconds, so whats the problem of not being able to do so and using a computer as a tool?

The end of killing and violence?

Not a chance - people will continue to kill, mass armies, and force others into slavery no matter what machines exist or do not exist. Pick up a history book my friend.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No, it's not the end of killing and violence, but people have not learned from those movies. The reason is because anyone that gives those theories any merit is seen as a psycho. You may not be able to compute mathematical problems within seconds but you should be able to do them on your own.

Yes, they are making people dumber because people don't need to bother to learn to add up long columns of numbers in their heads when they can just plug them into a machine that will do it for them.

Laziness there is the operative word.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes and like I have said advanced technology has not been around since humans were around. Atleast not the same technology we have. Lets see, only about 300 years ago the light bulb was invented. Humans have existed for what, 5 million years? Yeah I guess we are "destined" to "always" produce the same technology that we have today. Its just as natural as taking a dump, right? I dont think so. Go back only 500 years and no one would have ever heard of electricity. Go back about 10,000 years than someone probably will have, but they didnt build the things we have today.

If we continue to persue this path we will all be dead. Not because of people killing people although that is happening too, but from environmental disaster. The machines are the product of our seperation from nature and they are destroying nature. We are nature too even though it might not even seem that way. We will also die.

I think a real AI robot would be fantastic! Because it would be a silicon life form and would probably have the consciousness of a crystal. That is absolutely astounding. What do you think that crystal would tell us? Probably that our society sucks and we are killing ourselvs and their entire planet because of our selfish ignorence. They may look at us like the robots.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Didn't Ted Kazinsky already write this Manifesto?

Technology is fantastic, people like to glorify "olden times" but really life sucked, it really did...

No razor blades, guys named UGGG coming over the hill to rape your daughters and wife, no antibiotics you had to poop outside, if you were hungry you often had to go kill something no matter what the weather...

and you lived to be around 30 Yay, i'd be 7 years over due for my death, nice life

I'll keep my Machines thank you

Two Words. ANCIENT EGYPT! Thats right. Ancient Egypt. We cant touch them. Even with our machines. We suck! This sucks! You talking about midevil times which wasnt even a long time ago.

What are you talking about? We are way ahead of ancient Egypt or any ancient civilization for that matter.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
All good points [first 6 messages], my 2 cents... the OP should read the Unibomber's Manifesto. He advises the same thing and it's actually pretty interesting. Bill Joy, founder of Java, said it made a big impression on him and is real concerned.

But, technology is inevitable. For those who get lazy using the Internet, I would just say that there will always be the bottom-feeders. They will fall behind. You have to have a very good memory if you want to compete. This is something that I am actively working on. At 41 yo, I feel like I'm getting slower and I work with some young hotshots with a lot of energy. They are very quick at correcting you and it drives me crazy sometimes. The point is, I recently joined lumosity.com and they have some awesome brain-training (Flash-based) exercises that are fun and challenging... so that's one recent way technology is helping me.

But, the top of the pyramid will get chopped off at some point... hopefully. Yes, The Singularity will really rock this world. If TS is borne out of a black military project, this world will go to hell quickly!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Have you guys not seen Avatar? WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join