It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Catastrophic' sun storm possible, NASA warns - Posted Jan 10th 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
So we will then assume that our Idiots at NASA haven't a clue about the sun and although they know how to build shuttles and stupid stuff like that , they have no clue what they are talking about. Right?

I think they've known about this "perfect storm" coming up for a long, long time, but are afraid to tell the general public....thinking it would a) freak us out and cause mass panic b) create insane riots, because we don't have enough shelters in the world for 6 billion plus people.

I just recently posted a thread about this, hypothesizing that NASA does indeed know about this, as do all our world governments....and the "new world order plan to take over the world" is actually a "survival plan" to be put into place after the massive destruction and the radiation dies down, in order to prevent another "dark age" from setting in.

I'm not saying I would necessarily go along with that survival plan...but a survival plan for the 10-20% who survive a cataclysmic event makes more sense to me than the NWO planning on destroying 80% of the world's population in FEMA camps. I think the FEMA camps are temporary shelters....and then they have plans to move those survivors into into the massive underground bases (to shield us from the radiation) they've been building around our country in secret.

After the radiation dies down...then they open up the seed vault in Norway and start again. Because all the plants/trees would have died, too.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthAUS
How can you trust a department such as NASA with information when they can spend millions and money and years on developing a telescope so powerful it could take a picture of the horsehead nebula as though it was down the road, launch it into space and forget to put in a lens...
Or do i need to quote more continues errors of our "leading" scientists.
So as t would be read, they did not FORGET to install a lens.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

[

This is turning into a sceptics forum.

I totally agree with you. Do you notice that when people start thinking making really good connections, all of a sudden the debunkers come out in full force? I've noticed that in my postings lately, too. And others who have made amazing "connections."

ATS used to be a very cool place to share information like this and bounce ideas off of others, but now it is one massive skeptics forum. I'm beginning to think that part of the 700 billion dollar bailout went to pay debunkers to get out onto the internet in full force.

But you know what they say...."The flak is the thickest when you are directly over your target."

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I had replied to you in your other site, and I agreed with you. As for this thread, yes someone always has to start bunk with false facts. It gets old, but everyone is has a right to their opinion, even if they are wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

what's this they're trying to sell now? I never bought into man-made global warming, so it's hard for me to trust these guys. Of course, this could be exactly the purpose of it. could this be when they cry wolf truthfully?

I feel so glad that we have so many people on this forum that think they are so much smarter than all the scientists out there (and who think EVERYTHING that comes from mainstream science is a conspiracy).

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

I don't think you understand! Scientists are dumb and they don't know anything, why do you think they spend so much time in those "universities" getting those "Ph.D's"? To get their brains washed, that's why! Duh! I mean, scientists haven't done anything for us besides develop weapons the military uses! Look at fire, fire is a tool of destruction, there's no useful purpose to it! What about lenses? They can be used to direct concentrated photons towards an object to DESTROY IT. There's nothing scientists have done for us and there's absolutely nothing they could possibly know above my i-IQ (INTERNET intelligence* QUOTIENT).

* I use intelligence lightly; we all know there's not a whole bunch of that in the 2012 category.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

It's not something I see as being likely, but it is theoretically possible to have a coronal mass discharge aimed at our planet while our magnetic shield is weakened.

Holes In Earth's Magnetic Field

If one of these were to truly breach the magnetosphere, the radiation alone would be devastating. Has something like that happened before? I don't know.

When it comes to the Sun, it's probably wise to pay attention to what's going on. Hopefully nothing will happen more than awesome auroras and some satellites and power grids having a bad day. But to think that we have seen everything that can possibly happen regarding the Sun and our Earth is quite possibly naive.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

mate im not here to argue with you about the hubble telescope. my point was that NASA isnt always right. and a theory is just a theory. human history has always forseen a doomsday almost every generation but that time always passes. my opinion... 2012 is gonna be just like every year that has passed. the human race will not come to a brick wall and life will go on.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
reply to post by whatsup

I don't think you understand! Scientists are dumb and they don't know anything, why do you think they spend so much time in those "universities" getting those "Ph.D's"? To get their brains washed, that's why! Duh! I mean, scientists haven't done anything for us besides develop weapons the military uses! Look at fire, fire is a tool of destruction, there's no useful purpose to it! What about lenses? They can be used to direct concentrated photons towards an object to DESTROY IT. There's nothing scientists have done for us and there's absolutely nothing they could possibly know above my i-IQ (INTERNET intelligence* QUOTIENT).

You're joking right? you must be, as scientists never invented fire. No human did.

ever played a dvd? or a cd? are you using a computer i wonder? ever used a mobile phone? do you drive a modern car? ever flew in an aeroplane? do you use a refridgerator?

All these things are technology. and where does technology be born from? Science. In fact, one could argue they are indeed the same. You're whole life revolves around science.

take care
Wayne

[edit on 10-1-2009 by reiki]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just hope they are not up to some sort of gag again. So much is all for discusting Lucre. Maybe we will all die if we dont buy and use the most expensive sunscreen. I just hope it creates at least two part time manufacturing jobs way out there in China to make that expensive stuff to protect us from U.V. rays. HEY! I just got a GREAT idea for NEXT YEAR when this is over. Remember "Global warming and the greenhouse effect"? Okay. how about "Global cooling and the icebox effect"!! Too many clouds and no sun! The C.F.C.'s in our hairsprays dun it again! And "We aint hit the tip of the ICEBERG yet"!! Ha ha ha.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
And when this happens,,,,,,Global cooling..........HAVE A COLD ONE!
And dont forget,,,,,,,, I told you so! Hee hee hee

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I have heard about 1,000 solar storm reports and not once have I heard of anything being knocked out or friend by one..

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown_Significance

Just to make matters worse,posted 16th december 08 www.livescience.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

if they put all the satelittes in space in the direction of the solar storm between the magnectic shield if thats right then all that metal scrap up them should give us some protection,

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Most people might be ignorant about this fact here. But there are some very big communities which main activity is free energy. That is the independent generation of energy by every individual on earth. Some are really promising looking already. A silly solar storm like this then would have near 0% influence on that.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
Most people might be ignorant about this fact here. But there are some very big communities which main activity is free energy. That is the independent generation of energy by every individual on earth. Some are really promising looking already. A silly solar storm like this then would have near 0% influence on that.

if the solar storm did occur as some scientists are thinking, it wouldn't be 'silly'. This is because the world population isn't using the technology you are speaking of just yet. only a few. If say, a solar storm was powerful enough to fry all electrical stuff on earth, that would have catastrophic effects. Most definitely short term.

The technology you speak of might not be able to be delivered to mankind fast enough, post-CME.

take care
Wayne

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
reply to post by Unknown_Significance

You have bad information my friends!

there were no power lines to be melted in 1859.
you guys are retarded.

you would want to believe so, but then again maybe not.
Nasa Carrington Super Flare 1859

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Let me remind everyone that ANYTHING with an electrical surge in it is a possible candidate for being affected. Earth is protected by three forces, Magnetosphere, Ionosphere, and Atmosphere.

We are currently in 2009; it is possible that with the current known weakening of our magnetosphere that has been happening in the past years. This in combination with the recent holes found in our magnetosphere, on top of the problems being introduced to the science community regarding the simple environmental problems that our world scientist suggests. That this is a big problem that could get really bad in the upcoming years. Not only 2012, but 2024, 2036 and so on. The only thing that I happen to find amusing, is the whole prophecy and skepticism regarding 2012. This is a natural scientific problem that could be growing. Linking the two together, one could only wonder if ancient cultures like the Mayans had some form of data that we are oblivious too. That is what interesting in my eyes, is if they happen to of known something that we currently don’t know in our present time. In correlation with this whole possible scenario with our magnetosphere and solar storms.

Let me remind everyone here if the Magnetosphere were to almost dissipate completely by 2012 (Worst Case Scenario) and we have a solar storm of uncharted levels we could all die. Bursts of gamma rays (Record levels) usually come from things like red dwarfs. Our sun according to our recorded history is stable and doesn’t undergo anything unusual. Let me remind everyone that once again we have been making recordings of a billion year old object of a few thousand years. In truth, we really don’t have any idea what a capable sun is possible of. For all we know a natural event of every star like ours, is every million years it experiences a huge gamma burst which is potentially disastrous for neighboring planets like ours? Back to the point though, our Atmosphere should protect us unless it’s of uncharted levels in 2012. If it’s a combination of high levels but not lethal then our inventions are at danger. Even a car to any electrical device that has a charge could be affected. This is of course at really high levels and a worst case scenario. There is more involved to this as I stated earlier in a post, but I’m not going to do a long speech regarding it if no one is listening. I already see some paranoid people stating, “We’re all going to get fried!”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join