It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Catastrophic' sun storm possible, NASA warns - Posted Jan 10th 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
reply to post by Unknown_Significance

You have bad information my friends!

there were no power lines to be melted in 1859.
you guys are retarded.

Telegraph lines. They were used to transmit messages via wires that were borne on poles across the landscape.

anyway I posted the new report on a related open solar storm thread:

The Perfect Solar Storm Disaster (ATS thread)

[edit on 1/10/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If I read that right, they said it's "possible" that this could happen.

Umm...duh?

It's also possible that you could walk outside and get hit by falling chunk of ice from a plane or have a meteorite smack you in the head...or a herd of escaped pigs could knock you down and root on you.

Anything is "possible".

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

It is also possible that CERN will kill us all, along with any life forms within the reaches of our solar system

You are right, possibilities are endless but so very very scary

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So we will then assume that our Idiots at NASA haven't a clue about the sun and although they know how to build shuttles and stupid stuff like that , they have no clue what they are talking about. Right?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i'm glad i live in southeast Alaska
but anyways, people wont take precautions until its happened and then it will be too l8 so the people will panic and there will be a massive outburst of uncivilizedness (or however u call it). thats my prediction of what could happen if no one starts handing out the proper tools for keeping clear of the sun during this upcoming storm. skin cancer may start popping up everywhere because of stupid people exposing themselves during the day

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
i'm glad i live in southeast Alaska

Hiding down there with the Politicians in the banana belt, eh?

We could use some heat up north. It's colder than heck up here.

I too see this much like the fake global warming scam. Keep us scared and in control. Coldest winter on record happening right now following the third coldest summer on record, after three years of cooler than normal temperatures and they are still pushing global warming. These control freaks never stop.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

I believe you are correct, therefor giving credibility to my signature. It will be unfortunate for those that blow off the educated warnings. But most people don't even heed the warning of the little squeak device in the braking system of their cars, telling them they need new pads. most just keep driving like nothing is wrong then one day, they can't stop. the same thing is applied to people, yet they ignore it and keep going on with their daily lives, except this just may be a real catastrophe.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I find it interesting that everyone seems to have found interest in this, after I made a post before all of this and no one seemed to care regarding this subject. The day after I made my post a news article comes out, including information put out by other sources. Cowinsadence I wonder? Well, if anyone cares I could go much deeper and do a scale of possible events that could happen. From worst to best so people would have a knowledge base around this. This would include possible events based around actual evidence.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Johnathanrs]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
OH, this is solar cycle that never was?

Yes?
wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

As shown by many researchers such as Richard Hoagland at enterprise mission NASA is a funny organisation to trust in for anything.

It is largely made up of Nazis, Masons and Occultists with a few decent folk thrown in. Actually all three of those are just factions of occult groups. There is a constant battle for power and a gathering of allies from the Government and Illuminati worlds.

Anything they say has to be sieved for the grains of gold amongst all the dirt.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
are we forgetting the basis of the 2012 tin hattery?

2012 is the last year of a calender which predicted halebob and loads of other comets and things that happen is space when we in europe had no clue they were going to happen (and some of them happened before america was even a british colony) - maybe the sun cycles are thus recorded and it all ends on 2012 because thats when all the cycles combine to create a deadly fire which will devour the earth or some such.

NASA are trying to tell us the world is ending, we should listen - they've been to the moon.

either that or its more nonsense shock journalism, whatever.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceF

Give me solid evidence for your comment, It is so easy to blurt out that bunk. NASA also involved with NWO, get your facts in the open man.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
hmm... I remember reading somewhere that we were heading into a solar minimum (few sun spots and flares) before the next cycle. so I guess not anymore?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How can you trust a department such as NASA with information when they can spend millions and money and years on developing a telescope so powerful it could take a picture of the horsehead nebula as though it was down the road, launch it into space and forget to put in a lens...
Or do i need to quote more continues errors of our "leading" scientists.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Lets just hope the Earth's magnetic field is intact and not split open like it is now, and facing directly at the sun.

If it is, and a massive CME hits Earth without that magnetic shield in place, there will be alot more than melted power wires and fires.

Ever wonder what it would feel like to be UV rayed to death?

Anyone have an opinion about this post? I have a feeling it's an exaggeration, but I'm not sure. I mean, I can see how it would be possible, but I don't think the Earth's magnetosphere is quite THAT weak, is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthAUS

OF course this IS a discussion thread so you have your right to opinion, however get the facts straight, if your going to make accusations, then back it up.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

According to recent findings by the leading scientists in the study of the earths shield, yes it is getting weaker. I am not going to post all the links, but if you really wish to learn, look it up.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i've read the topic, and the provided link.

Are you some of you guys simply automatically dismissing this? Does it matter '2012' was mentioned? That's when scientists purportdley said the flares would reach max. I'm curious as to what it is you folks are dismissive of?

A person who simply posted a topic with a link. (in which we could research ourselves)

Or, what science may be saying about this?

NASA. NWO. Masons, i read here also. Maybe, for sure. It does not follow that everything they say is wrong, or should be mistrusted. There is agenda for sure, but sometimes information is let out unofficially. Perhaps this is the case, i dunno. The only way to know is to go and research it, for god's sake.

This is turning into a sceptics forum. I don't mind folks debunking stuff, i like to do it myself, but it should be shown why said thing is wrong. Or unbelievable. I mean, one guy scorned this topic cause it ws mentioned about 'power lines' in the 1800's. If he'd begun his own research, by at least following the link, he would see 'telegraph lines' were mentioned. This shows me the mentality of attempting to scorn information on here, by simply finding faults in what folks write on here. There are few experts on here, so i suggest go looking for evidence pro or against yourselves. And sharing it here.

take care
Wayne

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

quest.nasa.gov...

history of the hubble telescope

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You should also read George Ure's daily blog from yesterday at www.urbansurvival.com/weekly.

He saw the same article (on fox.com) and then noticed another article that said that NASA is acknowledging that the earth's EM field is going to be drastically reduced in 2012.

It's the perfect storm....the 11 year solar cycle will peak at exactly the same time the the earth's EM field will drop.

Looks like the ancient Mayan astronomers were correct again.

I want to find out the scientifiic reason for why our EM field will drastically drop in 2012. The Mayans said it was because we'll be crossing the galactic center. I wonder if NASA is acknowledging that? Anybody know?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join