It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The altar of the Beast

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I am sure your sensie or master teaches you to fight calmly. Whenever YOU dictate what goes on, that is you as your spirit dictating whats going on.

We are tought to fight without thinking to go purely on instinct and training, to think during close combat is to lose. At a longer distance you have a little more time.

I also train in Goju Ryu. We have another thread on martial arts and I would love to carry this part over to that thread if you wish.

The never- never land I speak of is the place MOST religions teach of to blackmail there followers into blindly following whatever the head honcho says. I believe in a after life but I dont think me, you or anybody else knows what it is and I think it is better to look to the here and now and worry about it when I get there.

I am not talking about hunching in a cave and murdering everyone that comes near us I am talking about just accepting ourselves for what we are not for what we think we might be.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

If I were to embrace my animalistic nature I would have probably hurt a lot of people by now. I realize another human being or any other sentient being for that matter has a right to exist here as much as I do. I think that the only way I should embrace my animalistic nature is to defend myself from a threat. And if I should have to eliminate a life that is a threat, I will honour that life's spirit by praying to the Creator because everything comes from the same source.

Animals do not go around killing everything they see, most, even the preditars, only kill to eat and only fight for territory or mates.

I am different from you on the self deffence thing if someone tries to harm me or mine I would take them out like a bug with just as much regreat.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Animals do not go around killing everything they see, most, even the preditars, only kill to eat and only fight for territory or mates.

We are not animals according to god. God created animals and creatures according to their kind, and then he made man in his own image in that way he separated us from the animals. If we live according to animalistic instincts we arent living the way God intended.

Genesis 1:24-27

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [2] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
King Lizard

Which God? Every Cult has its own.

And they are ALL cults.

There comes a time to put aside childish things and stand own your own without the help of invisable friends. We ARE animals. Your story book might tell you different but it does not change the facts.

When we stop looking for someone or something else to make everything better and start doing it ourselves we will see a "heaven" here.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Which God? Every Cult has its own.

Well Judaism, Christianity and the Koran all believe in the same god. So I guess that one.

There comes a time to put aside childish things and stand on your own without the help of invisible friends. We ARE animals. Your story book might tell you different but it does not change the facts.

How is it you know the facts and I do not? It simply lies in your faith, my faith is in the Christian religion and what the bible tells us, your faith is in the evolutionary theory. There is nothing childish in religious faiths, they all teach us how to live and love one another, they teach us the pitfalls of humanity and how to avoid them. It is a search for enlightenment a search for answers it is the very thing that inspired your science. How can this be childish? It is the very thing that separates us from mere animals. With our intellect we are able to question our place in the universe and shape our world to our liking; animals are unable to do this which is why they will never have indoor plumbing,
and they will never be able to question their existence, their essence is to act on instinct and not on higher brain function. We definitely cannot be considered animals.

When we stop looking for someone or something else to make everything better and start doing it ourselves we will see a "heaven" here.

We are doing it ourselves we have no choice but to do it by ourselves. God hasnt physically come back to earth yet so it is left to our stewardship. It is up to us to shape our world. We can follow his good teachings, or we can resort to a dog eat dog and survival of the fittest mentality. How could that be heaven on earth? We can only follow his word in an attempt to make our world a better place. Or let the week of body and mind suffer form the hand of the strong. It sounds like you would enjoy a world based on anarchy, no laws, no consequences, no compassion. That doesnt sound like heaven to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

That is EXACTLY what God is. God is Nature.

Souls are all natural.

Kamuk, you keep saying that we are animals. We are not animals. We are spirits in a vehicle which is the human body. From the time we lived in caves we were able to THINK. That is what makes us different from animals.

At no point were we animals. We have, an amphibian brain, we have a mammalian brain, we have a reptilian brain. So we did not exactly, come from apes which are purely mammalian. Apes DNA were used to create us though. We are biologically engineered bodies by our Prime Creator.

If we did not have souls, we might as well not be in a permanent trance state, and join the rest of the animals who are not even conscious of themselves, and don't have souls or have the ability to think and reason.

Also, we have personalities, and we look different from one another. We have CHARACTER. We have ego. We have emotions. That right there alone is the proof that we have souls, which are in need of spiritually evolving. You can also add the proof of the paragraph above this one.

Get it through your head man, we are not PURELY animals.

Also, all this time I was... I realized that I was sort of, putting down the animalistic part of our "vehicles" we call the body. But here's the thing I got so stuck in trying to prove that we are not purely animals that I completely forgot the development of ALL parts of us. Yes, I think we should unite both our Animalistic and our Spiritual selves together, so they can work as one. 2 parts of the whole. Because, spirit/soul and physical body are all connected.

So, uniting all and developing all is the way to go. Yes, we have animal instincts, but we should not PURELY reside on our animal instincts. We take the best of it, discard the rest of it. We should learn when to switch it on or off. The animalistic part of us, should not dominate, because we have souls, thus transcending everything that is animalistic. It is the way nature/ our Prime Creator/God intended us to be so. To be in harmony.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Whats with the comparrison to animals, I find this strange sense this is somewhat of a played out line. No offense. we are not animals by any means, we think , we are self concious, we have the ability to not follow our instincts. Are we mammals, yes, are we animals by the scientific standpoint. Yes, but are we really animals. No, the differnece is everyone, no matter what the say, knows right from wrong, its that simple, animals dont. Now your dog may not bite you when you go for his bone, this is not knowing that it is wrong, this is the dog knowing that you will beat the living crap out of him.

Again , I have to say that people thinking they have just got history and religion down is not only arigant, it is ignorant. Religion is not a way for people to control the masses. That is just plane stupid, good God, I mean come on, if it was that way, and people really saw no bennifit, ever, would they still believe..? Hell no , they would drop it like a bad habbit. I just want people to think that, maybe, you too have been brainwashed into believing things about the world and universe. One last question, does anyone on this thread really know if the moon is round... Think about it, I would bet that no one in here is a astronaut, and no one in here has auctually went to the moon, or went around it. But you believe it right. You know deep down it is really round and you would never question it right? Well this is my point, we all go on faith everyday, and we all gether our info from others. None of you developed the laws of physics, or math, or science, and yet you blindly except them. Am I saying those are false. No not in a million years, I just want to make the point that we all take peoples word for it, I seriously doubt any of you question evolution. And yet when you really study it you get a grander picture. And its not perfect...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Right and wrong are only perceptions, which are based on memories.

When we were born we did not know what right or wrong was.

There is a purpose behind every action, on the universal scale. No matter if perceived "right" or "wrong" it is all "right" because there is a purpose behind everything, on the universal perception, of the whole course or journey of the universe.

Right and wrong are only perceptions which limit viewing things as whole.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How is it you know the facts and I do not? It simply lies in your faith, my faith is in the Christian religion and what the bible tells us, your faith is in the evolutionary theory.

I am gonna break the next few posts into bite sized peices sop hang with me.....LOL

I never sais I know the facts as a matter of fact one of the points I am trying to make is that NONE of us know the facts. Evolutionary theory has some holes in it which till answered, for me at least, will not explain the whole story. BUT.......it has a lot less holes than the idea that some where out there a god that happens to look JUST LIKE me was setting around in his white robes on a throne and said......what the hell might as well make a bunch of little gods and play a game with them and burn the losers for eternity. First I will create good and evil then put two people in that have no concept of good or evil, then when they screw up I will punish them and their offspring for the rest of time, DAMN this is gonna be fun.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

We can follow his good teachings, or we can resort to a dog eat dog and survival of the fittest mentality. How could that be heaven on earth? We can only follow his word in an attempt to make our world a better place. Or let the week of body and mind suffer form the hand of the strong. It sounds like you would enjoy a world based on anarchy, no laws, no consequences, no compassion. That doesnt sound like heaven to me.

His words like stone adulterers, misbehaving kids, etc to death? How about where he tells them to dump there familes and follow him. Remember back then they had no welfare a fatherless family was usualy bound for slavery, but god comes first, right?

How about the words telling them to wipe out hole cities and kill EVERY LIVING THING including women children and dogs and cats. But what the hell they were unbelivers right? So what if most probebly NEVER heard of the jewish God, they still deserved to die right?

How about where he sends 42 bears to eat the kids for making fun of someones bald head?

The list goes on and on.

Does this sound like a loving God or the actions of a psychopath?

Ask the Jews and Muslims what they think about living under his loving care. Remember the inquisition?

I would take my chances with a pack of wild animals over a screaming mob of religious fanatics

As far as anarchy, yes I do lean toward freedom even YOUR freedom to worship whoever or whatever you wish as long as you are not knocking on my door at 9 AM trying to lead me to Jesus. Or burning witches at the stake.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Religion, technology, governments, etc are all an excuse to be animalistic for 'civilized' reasons. It is all just a guise to convince ourselves that we are something more then animals.

Would it shock you to hear that I can't wait for the end of this reality/world? I just do not see the point of going to work and going to sleep for 5 days in a row and then, with the two days that we have off, spending the money that we made at work to attempt to validate going to work in the first place by placing a value on these things equal to the waste of our life time. I will take an honest savage life any day of the week over the current one.

Rant for the day #1

I feel that!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Before the war I felt sorry for the Iraqis but ALL there lives were not worth ONE of my kids to ME.

Well, in this i agree with you in that when people resort to do things like those Iraqis who burned and hanged dead people by a bridge rejoicing their painful death, do not deserve to live, because they will continue using that destructive path and other people will die the same way by their hands.

I do agree that religions are part of the problem, in a way because most religions say that you can only be saved "through the only true religion." But to this I say that there have been spiritual people who have not been religious and are ten times better people than the most devout person. I am not saying that in religion there are not people that are good. But the main teachings of most religions are show racism towards other people's beliefs.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

There is nothing childish in religious faiths, they all teach us how to live and love one another, they teach us the pitfalls of humanity and how to avoid them. It is a search for enlightenment a search for answers it is the very thing that inspired your science.

Is the war in the middle east an example of how we are to live and love each other? Its a fight over whos invisable friend is the biggest.

And to claim that religion was the thing that inspired science is laughable. How many were burned at the stake for the blasphemy of saying the earth wasnt flat or the center of the universe. If anything religion has HELD US BACK.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Kamuk, you keep saying that we are animals. We are not animals. We are spirits in a vehicle which is the human body. From the time we lived in caves we were able to THINK. That is what makes us different from animals.

How do you know? Were you there? Being able to think is not a sharp line but more of a fuzzy grey area, apes and dolphins can think to a degree fairly close, if not on par in the case of dolphins. So can most of the higher mammels to a lesser degree.

They have been shown to teach there young how to use tools, show sorrow at the death of a child or mate, help those weaker in their group, use reasoning to solve problems and everything else you claim that only humans do. We are just better at it that is all.

Really mass murder is about the only thing that we do that animals dont and even then you have some that do, ants for example.

So basicly what you are saying is the great spiritual thing that seperates us from the animals is WAR.

They kill one at a time and we do it by the thousands....I guess we ARE a lot higher spiritualy than they are

I think we are part spirit too, but so are they, so even THAT does not seperate us. And I have just as much proof to support MY thories as you do...........none

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Religion is not a way for people to control the masses.

Sorry I could not help it

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hell no , they would drop it like a bad habbit.

I think we are doing that right now. Religion served it purpose at one point in time, Christanity for one helped stop such things as child sacrifice for example.

But we have reached a point where it is not only unneeded but even harmful, look at the churches stance on birth control for example. What would the world be like it if EVERYONE had 12-13 kids?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes, I think we should unite both our Animalistic and our Spiritual selves together, so they can work as one. 2 parts of the whole. Because, spirit/soul and physical body are all connected.

BINGO YOUR ALMOST THERE

You are close to what I am trying to say which is basically there is NO difference between the two, we are already one we just have to quit fighting it.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join