It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President-elect's train trip poses miles of security issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

President-elect's train trip poses miles of security issues

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama's January 17 train trip from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Washington is intended to make the inauguration the most open and accessible in history. But it is also presenting the U.S. Secret Service with security problems. Miles and miles and miles of them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.secretservice.gov

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Secret Service as well as all other cooperating federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies are wonderful. But they are not perfect. That means that they can't be everywhere at once. So assuming that Obama isn't going to call off the train trip? Secret Service, local law enforcement, etc are going to need extra help. Where are they going to get it from? My assumption would be the military. Army National Guard. Air National Guard. Etc.

And that may very well mean checkpoints for people going in and out of areas in the vicinity of the route the train will be traveling. And if one tiny little thing goes wrong. (IE: Someone getting shot in the back like that man in California?) All hell is going to break loose.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Good way to show how much he cares about the US economy. All this trip is doing is costing a lot of people more money. Money that many of them don't have. Enjoy you trip Obama.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

Where are they going to get it from? My assumption would be the military. Army National Guard. Air National Guard. Etc.

Sounds to me like one method to get the sheeple used to the military being used as law enforcement if you ask me...

top topics

join