It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Time Travel Experiment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

A little more on the topic of time travel. We all travel in time, forward, the problem is that there is little we can do to stop or change direction. It's like time is a boat on a river and we don't have any oars or motor.

We know from Einstein that time is not uniform throughout the Universe and that Gravity and Velocity, affect our relative time. So, time passes slightly differently here on the Earth, than it does on Pluto for instance. The reason is that the Earth is closer to the Sun, than Pluto and so the Earth is under more of the Gravitational influence of the Sun. The difference is very slight but it is real. The closer you are to a large Gravity field the more slowly time travels, as seen from an observer that is not under the Gravity influence.

What this means is that you could make time slow down for yourself if you could move close to a Black Hole, or other very large Gravity field. Or time would move more quickly if you could move farther away from a large field.

Put this all together and we know how to move forward in time, and alter the relative passage of time. What we don't have, is a local Black Hole that we can get to.

We could also move forward in time by using suspended animation. If we could slow down the bodies processes, then we could sleep through years, decades, centuries. When we were revived, it would be like we jumped forward in time.

I actually experienced something like this. Many years ago, I worked offshore for a diving company. We went off on one job late in the season. We were on a small work boat, on large swells. On this trip, I got dehydrated, and then I got seasick. I was as sick as I have ever been for 5 days. The seas got so bad that we cut the job short.

So, I went home, it was a Saturday night. I got home late around 2am, and let myself into the house and went to bed.

I woke up around 7 am and my wife was up and getting dressed. I asked her, what she was doing? She said, "I'm getting ready for work." "On Sunday?" I asked. She looked at me and said, "It's Tuesday." I had been asleep continuously for 3 days. It was as if I had jumped forward in time by 3 days. At first I was incredulous, "It can't be Tuesday, I just went to bed." Then I looked at the clock, turned on the TV and checked the news. Sure enough, it was Tuesday.

This is a minor example, but it is what suspended animation is supposed to be like.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

this is an amazing idea, I fully plan on following up with another experiment, Im 22 years old, so that gives the world another 20 odd years to discover time travel

ps, i loved how you finished it up

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iwishicould

Thanks, good luck on your experiment. Who knows? Time Travel may be just beyond my longevity. The fact is though, we will never find out if nobody tries.

So, try it and let us know how your experiment goes.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Guys, Have you heard of John Titor? What can you say about his time travel thing?

Watch the videos, so you will get the idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I've read about this experiment 'idea' from some timetravel website at least 10 years ago so it's not an original idea, but I don't know how many people have actually gone through with it.

Good job on going through with it and actually preparing like that... I've considered such an experiment after I read about it 10yrs ago then I said, that's freaking crazy, it is.... Anyway I do believe a god-like being could open a wormhole, other than that I don't believe time travel is for humans, unless we were chosen.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Thanks for your reply. I had not heard that anyone had proposed the experiment before I did it. If so, I would be very interested to hear if anyone else has performed it.

I admit it is a little bit nutty, but many things sounded nutty before they were tried. You know, like putting sulfur in the oven with raw rubber to cure it. Or two guys in Ohio who built bicycles thinking they could fly. In the end there is a lot that we dont' know before we try.

As I pointed out before, I reject the time travel paradoxes as absolute. We don't know what would happen if we traveled back in time.

Lastly, I agree that God or some other supernatural being can travel in time. I think that is what the scriptures mean when they say that all things are visible before the throne of God. I think that immortality, plus time travel, equals godlike power.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I know what you mean, I'm not saying it's stupid at all, just a little crazy.
Now that I remember.... the experiment I read about was not exactly like yours..... I think it involved a document to be handed down from generation to generation, maybe you can try that.

I used to have a time-travel news site, the only site I know of that listed time-travel news articles that were preferably not comedy.

web.archive.org...://spacetimenews.com/

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ya know I have thought about this idea again, and I think that the idea
of time travel being developed in yours or our lifetime is not out of the
realm of reality. However, I think another poster suggested that it may
not be available to you or I as consumers. You seem to keep telling your
self over and over of "where" and "when" this will be so that you will be
certain to remember. I don't think that is enough.

There needs to be a reason "why" you would go back to yourself. This is
what would motivate you to try and do this in the future. It must be
imperative that your future self make this journey. Your future self must
believe that the balance of something big lies in YOU going back to see
yourself.

This reason must obviously be a lie, since your real motive is for a simple
experiment.

So how do you lie to yourself now and convince yourself later to
convince anyone with time travel capabilities to let you go?!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

That's a very good point, the motivation factor must be very strong to actually carryout the time travel mission. I did a lot of work around the motivation to do the first part, but the motivation for the second part must be at least as strong. I'll work on that.

I think that you are right about the idea of lying to yourself, that would never generate the motivation to follow through.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
By the way guys and gals. I know the links to the John Titor vids are broken, but it is worth your while to check a couple of these out.

I had seen Mr. Titor on the web back in 2000 when he claimed to be an agent from the future, sent back to collect certain items. It was a very interesting read.

Whether you buy into the idea of time travel or not, there are some serious questions to ask about the nature of time, consciousness, our existance, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I don't mean to rain on your parade.
But John Titor did not quite hold up here.

Asking people on here if they know who John Titor is,
is like asking a cop if he knows what a doughnut is.

Here is a thread about the identity of JT. Of course it's one of those prep threads.

Here is another one about his Obama prediction.

For the record, I think JT is a hoax. But feel free to jump in those topics.
There are still some Titorites crawling in the woodwork.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I did not mean to imply that John Titor was an authentic time traveler. I was not one of those who bought into his claims. For one thing, his "time machine" reminded me of the line in "Back to the Future" where Doc Brown says that the gave the Lybians a box full of pinball machine parts.

However, I do think that JT raises some interesting questions about time travel, paradoxes, etc. What would a person from the future be like? What would they do? How would they get around? What would they use for money? etc.

I don't think that the Futureworld would need to send anyone back to get an antique computer. I also don't think that they would setup a website to tell everyone that they are from the future, and the future is bleak, please help, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just did the time travel experiment and yeah, that was me looking at you funny, from the Utah corner...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coney

I remember that guy!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I've posted a thread about something like this in the past. More specifically it was about how to send a message to yourself in the past or future if you could. I read another post on time travel in which the author suggested a technique of reminding yourself into the future when soemthing happens that you don't want to happen again.

Another was a similar technique which involved creating a link between a present and future self and trying to send messages forward and eventually backwards to yourself in time. I have been working on some experiments of my own using these techniques and others are guides. So far I haven't met myself, but beleive that messages to and from the future may be just the thing.

True story.......When I was a kid a friend was visiting with his German Shepherd, and it was one of the most amazing dogs I'd ever been around. A few days into his visit, his dog was stolen out of our yard at night. He was totally distraught and we drove around for days looking for the dog and having no luck. We were in south Texas and his wife (who was back in Missouri) went to a psychic to ask about the dog. Next is the strangest thing and its what originally sparked my interest in all things weird...

She had directions from my house, where she had never been before, to where the dog was using landmarks as a guide. I was like yeah right! There is no way a person a few states away could tell us where the dog was. She gave landmarks, and which directions to turn, and what they would say when we found the dog.

Sure enough as we pulled up to the blue house with a green van out front, the owers asked for money....just as she had said. Back then I thought it was magick, these days I think maybe being psychic is just like the time travel experiments I'm working on. Maybe she was getting messages from the future.

Sorry for the long post...I'm in Spain and can't sleep at the moment.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've always ha d a thought on being able to travel in the past. Can you help me with this one?
It concerns light travel. Every action is an image of light,correct? Now if you were able to travel at thr speed of light on a single light plane wouldn't that image stand still? Now let's say you were able to travel faster than light, wouldn't you catch up with the previous image thus putting you in a past time frame? All the while your personal time frame(light images) remains the same. I'm I getting into demensional time travel?(Head throbbing right now!)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

I have no problem with the long post. It's the short ones that are difficult.

It is interesting that you have had experience with precognition. I have had some personal experiences with precognition as well. It is also very interesting that one of my experiences also involved a lost dog. I may start a thread on precognition at some point. I am a believer in precognition and I have had several experiences where I was able to tell others about what was about to happen.

I have a theory about time. My theory is that there is more than one dimension to time. What we experience as future and past are just occurances in one dimension of time. If we could see the other dimensions we would see that there is an up, down, right, left, forward, backward, and maybe even more. If we could see the other dimensions of time we would see that everything is present simultaneously, and different objects in time are able to interact with each other, just like objects in space can interact with all others. Those that we call psychics are able to interact with other objects in other time dimensions and to retain the information. We all have this ability to some degree, and like any talent or skill it can be learned and developed. If you have read anything about remote viewing, the remote viewers learned how to do it.

Anyway, my theory of time (more or less a collection of other theories) would indicate that time travel is possible and that there are places to go in time that we have not experienced. I think that time travel would involve interdimensional travel, this is something that the human race is bound to discover at some future date. The only real question is when. We are only just beginning to advance in physics to the point where the existance of a multiverse is thought possible and so it wil likely be centuries from now that these theories are put into practical use.

When physics advances to that state, those who are now called psychics will be acknowledged to be pioneers in the science of interdimensional travel. It will be recognized at that time that interdimensional physics, time travel, and psychic precognition are all parts of the same thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Well according to Einstein, you are correct the speed of light is the ultimate speed in the universe and even time cannot travel faster than light. So, if you could travel faster than light, by wormhole, warp drive, or something else, then you could in fact travel back in time.

There may be a simpler way however. Dr. Ronald Mallet has a theory that light bends time as it moves through space. So, if you build a device that sends a large amount of light in a circular pattern, then you can create a time vortex, due to the warping of time. If you can create a large enough vortex, then you could actually use it to move forward and backward in time.

Dr. Mallet's theories are controversial and he has a personal stake in the outcome, but many important discoveries have been made by people who had a personal stake in the outcome.

He is currently trying to raise enough money to build his light vortex time machine. You might want to check him out. I am seriously considering sending him some money.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Thanks. I'll do some reading on Dr. Mallet as to I haven't heard of him before. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the greater distance you travel from earth,time gradually slows down depending how far you go from earth,eventually it will go back on itself,another way of time travel is say a rocket could stick to earths atmosphere and had unlimited fuel etc if it kept going around the earth faster than the time of day it was in ,it would be going back in time.

im betting a few experiments have already been carried out where they are a few minutes ahead or behind with unknown previous knowledge,Stephen Hawking knows a lot but he doesnt know everything and could be wrong on this subject,the energy something like a time machine would need would make it a near impossibility unless you was sending something small like a particle at CERN.i dont think there is a fuel known to humans that could sustain a time machine,technology in the future is going to improve massively anyway,its a cool subject.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join