It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the new Middle East Issues Forum have an image of a terrorist on it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
First off Kudos to the artist. I love the picture but…
My question is whether or not this is an appropriate image for supposed unbiased threads on the Middle Eastern issues?

I’m not trying to be funny or a wise guy but the guy in the picture is all dressed up for what looks like a jihad, he is even aiming an AK-47 at the poster.
This kind of smacks of East vs. West
IMHO

I'm not trying to be a pain
Please delete this if it's not appropriate

[edit on 9-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I understand your point but in my opinion it pretty much sums up what's going on in the ME at this point. Although we don't know the guy is a terrorist. He may be a member of Hamas, which is a legitimate government because they were elected by the people.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hmmm, I was wondering the same thing but I'll go out on a limb and suppose that it a good visual rendering of a common topic for the region. Not saying that terrorists only come from there but the overall impression is that terror activites are concentrated in the area.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Interesting.

What makes you think that is a picture of a terrorist?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think it's because the MSM has basically brainwashed all of us into thinking that's what terrorists look like.

BTW- Love the new avatar!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

"Why does the new Middle East Issues Forum have an image of a terrorist on it?"

I don't see a terrorist.

I see a Western Operative Dressed as a stereotypical Middle Eastern militiaman as part of a False-Flag terror program that is most likely Israeli, American or British in origin.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Thanks S,

It is actually the perfect picture for this forum.

It has actually very little in it, but the interpretations ought to be as fascinating as they are divergent. Very much like the Middle East itself.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
To be honest, I can't make out what it is in that picture. It's so pixelated, all I see are a bunch of coloured patterns vaguely resembling a human being if you squint the right way. And come to think of it, I have no idea what the Katrina forum icon is supposed to be either!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I thought it was Snake-Eyes. It's about time G.I. Joe did something about the situation in the sand box.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Interesting question. I'm not sure of the answer, but I do find it somewhat amusing that the icon would be against the rules as a personal avatar.

6) No persons pointing weapons at the viewer of the image.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Very good point never saw that before

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is very hard to make out any real detail?

Does anyone have a "bigger" version, pic of it?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't see a terrorist I see an insurgent.

I think instead of the insurgent they should have put an american fighter plane bombing a school of children.

Honestly, theres no way to represent the current situation without offending someone. That's jut life.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

I think instead of the insurgent they should have put an american fighter plane bombing a school of children.

Ok how would somebody feel if it had a US Marine standing there with an AR-17 pointed at the viewer with a description of Middle Eastern issues. That would also fit with what is going on wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What about a picture of Bush with a bible in his hands?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nope.

That would be anti-American!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Nope.

That would be anti-American!

OK so somebody who is middle eastern pointing a AK-47 is not Anti Islamic?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Lol well anti-islamic means against that particular religion. Anti-american is against a particular country. Two different things.

Also, I never disagreed with you. See my original post.

Honestly, theres no way to represent the current situation without offending someone. That's just life.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Scramjet76]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I hear you

Ok how about Anti middle Easterner

If that is even a real phrase

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I don't see a terrorist.

I see a Western Operative Dressed as a stereotypical Middle Eastern militiaman as part of a False-Flag terror program that is most likely Israeli, American or British in origin.

While I agree with the OP's concern, I think the picture can be left to interpretation.. The middle east itself is a very diverse "world" as the Arabs themselves call it..

It can be a picture of a freedom fighter against the "system" that's killing all of us

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join