It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out the night sky... (I will try to post evidence of the star activity)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I would imagine an earthquake, even a subtle one could also cause something in the sky to dance about
. Another illusion is to look at a microwave digital clock, stare at it while twirling your tongue like a French "R" continuously like an engine sound. Now move your tongue around while doing that and near the roof of your mouth the vibration will make the digital clock numbers dance all over the place compared to the other fixed items in your visual field.

Check it out. Give it a try. If you see nothing adjust your distance and tongue twirl

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think its antares, representing ancient knowledge, but i may be wrong i was looking at google earth sky yesterday and noticed it neaqr the microlensing events

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I would recommend EVERYONE go to STELLARIUM Download the FREE software.

Then go to HEAVENS ABOVE (not a download)

Then plug in your location and it will show you what you see in the skies, at your location and time.

I think if everyone did this, there would be fewer misunderstandings of what we are seeing in the skies above us

[edit on 1/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

I would like to " Bump " this information before it gets lost in this thread.

After researching what " greeneyedleo " is presenting here, i to im in agreement with said information.

Star for you my friend, great advice and guidence

IP

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

The "Heavens Above" link g.e.l. notes also provides tracking info on satellites, the ISS, and STS flights.

Posted by greeneyedleo

... HEAVENS ABOVE (not a download)

Then plug in your location and it will show you what you see in the skies, at your location and time.

Thanks, g.e.l; I too wish more people were aware of the skies and the resources available to add to their enjoyment.

jw

Heavens Above

[edit on 12-1-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A few nights ago, there was a weird alignment I hadn't seen/noticed before.
Orion's belt was vertical below the moon with very bright stars in a box shape around the moon and belt. Was neat.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
reply to post by Thurisaz

sounds to me like you finally discovered that you can see satellites moving with your bare eyes.

I have brought satellites to the attention of many friends who have never bothered to try and find them. They always gasp when I point one out to them. I tell them to look and focus hard and try to find a star that appears to be moving, that is a satellite visible to the naked eye.

So we can see with our bare eyes satelites?
well maybe that explains the second incident but not the first.

thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
I think Astyanax is on the money.

Perhaps this will clear up some of the confusion?

www.skyandtelescope.com...

Thanks for that
but can a Planet move right before your eyes? I have ordered a T for my telescope so I will be able to take pics and then I will post.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I would recommend EVERYONE go to STELLARIUM Download the FREE software.

Then go to HEAVENS ABOVE (not a download)

I think if everyone did this, there would be fewer misunderstandings of what we are seeing in the skies above us

Great stuff
thanks for the info...
Starred

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Thurisaz]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
starting in January 2009, I began to notice that the stars looked brighter and there was more of them than there usually is. I then started noticing that the brighter stars were moving in a way that I had never seen. It was like they were swimming through the night sky like a jellyfish. Once I saw them moving,I became almost obsessed with watching them. I would lay out and watch them for hours every night. Then I realized that EVERY star is moving! It's just easier to track the brighter ones,but they are all moving the same weird way. I watched continously, trying to find a pattern in the directions they were moving in, but couldn't. I am a big believer in God and try to read some of the bible every day, so when I saw this, it immediately reminded me af Acts 2:19 when God is speaking of the time of judgement and He says"AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW, BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE"(New American Standard Bible). Also,the book of Enoch (which isn't in the bible,but should be) could explain what's going on as well. Enoch was Noah's great-grandfather. In Genseis 5:21-24 it says this about Enoch:'21Enoch lived sixty-five years, and became the father of Methuselah. 22Then Enoch walked with God three hundred years after he became the father of Methuselah, and he had other sons and daughters. 23So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. 24Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.' In his book Enoch says that while he walked with God, he was shown and explained by the angels all the secrets of heaven and sheol (the abyss,hell). I can't go into the whole book of Enoch here, but if you are interested in reading it for yourself you can read it free at www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe. I personally believe that a person needs to read AND UNDERSTAND the book of Enoch before he/she can even begin to grasp how things work and God's plan for us.
We are going to focus on the stars here though. Now according to Enoch, stars come forth to earth through portals in heaven. Each individual star by itself, according to their number and their names, their courses and their positions, and their times and their months. Through each of these small portals pass the stars of heaven and run their course to the west on the path which is shown to them and God has appointed. And he calls on them by their name and they hearken unto Him. Each is weighed in a righteous balance according to their proportions of light. And Enoch asked the angel what this mystery was and the angel told him that the stars are the holy who dwelt upon the earth and believe in the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever. It also says that He appoints a judge for each of them so none will hinder. So, basically they have a little bubble that they have to stay in and follow their appointed paths, but they can move all around in that bubble. Now, knowing that stars are the righteous that have been here on earth and worship the Lord day and night, another verse comes to mind that might make sense of things: Revelation 6:9-11 says: 9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10 They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow bondsmen and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. Could it be that the stars moving in the sky is a sign that the souls have awakened and are asking when it will be time? Just a few thoughts to ponder on. Sorry it was so long, but it's hard to speak of a complex subject as this one in only 4000 words. I hope at least someone gains some knowlege from this. Thank you for your time.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I had a very similar experience recently.

I was sitting outside with a few friends around a camp fire. The night was very clear and there were many visible stars. While they were talking, I was looking at the stars. One star in particular caught my attention because it appeared to be moving very slowly.

I grew up in the country and I was always a bit of a star-gazer. I know what a satellite looks like. This was not a satellite, or at least it wasn't like any satellite that I have seen before. Usually you can track a satellite all the way across the sky but this "object" was moving down instead of across the sky. It was slower than any other moving object that I had ever seen before. Much slower than a falling star or satellite.

As I am watching it, it starts to get brighter. This starts to blow my mind a little bit, so I interrupt my friends to get them to look at it too. I point it out to them and at this point it is much brighter than Venus. Then as quickly as it charged up, it just fades out and moves away.

I have no idea what it was but I do know what it was not. It was not a falling star. It was not an airplane. It was not a normal satellite.

It looked a lot like the "UFO"'s that have been filmed at the Gilliland ranch in Washington.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In last couple of months or so Ive noticed an unusualy bright star in the southwest sky.
I too have been somewhat of a star gazer all of my life. But i dont remember this object before, it flashes blue/green/red.
Im well aware of the effect of scintillation that causes cellestial objects to twinkle, but this is not twinkling , it freakin flashes.
I usually see it after 10pm pdt, ive been out earlier to try to see if I could see and track it through the night, but I cant seem to find it earlier.
Ive spent many evenings walking the dog, and looking at this wierd light.

So imagine my surprise, when I went out last night IT WASNT THERE ANYMORE.
WTF
When I first noticed it I mentioned it to a friend and once when we were walking the dogs I meant to point it out to her, but it wasnt there.
I just figured it hadnt risen yet and we were to early.
But I sat out on the porch having a pint waiting for it to rise but it didnt, so I figured I some how missed it.
But the it was back the next time I went out after ten, so I thought it was just me being not very attentive.

I kinda got used to it and would gaze at it on occasion, then last night as I walked the dog it was gone.
I dont really know what to think.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am in the outback at the moment and am most fortunate to have access to 3 observatories.

I am now a little more educated on the night sky.

Dodwell, Oliphant, Reginald Sprigg Observatory

Satelites are clearly visible and the one I saw when I first posted this thread and thought a star went for a walk LOL was definitely a satelite probably moving at about 20, 000 km's a hour. (Hard to see through the telescope because of the speed it travels)

The most amazing thing is what we can see with our eyes and what can be seen through an observatory is profound.

eg: What looked like one star with the naked eye was in fact a triad, 2 stars orbiting around one. Absolutely amazing to see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join