It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1999 AQ10 near approach Feb 18th dangerous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I ran across the web bot project predictions ( www.urbansurvival.com... ) the other day which prompted me to look up earth crossing objects. This is what I found:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
www.sott.net...
fireballs-meteorites.blogspot.com...

Strikes me that what with meteoriods, asteroids, and comets converging around our neighborhood on February 18th, it's gonna get pretty crowded in our corner of the solar system. Add in that the comet is a fairly new one and the orbital data isn't as precise as it could be.....I dunno, should I worry or not?

While I'm pretty sure all that stuff will miss the Earth, I'm not so sure that when you calculate the odds of hitting either the Earth or the Moon that they don't go up dramatically. Add in the meteoroid stream and the comet's influence...anyone here up to the challenge of calculating the odds?

At any rate, I'm having a"cross your fingers and hold your breath" party on the 18th, followed by a "whew, close" or "oh, crap" party on the 19th, depending.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No need to worry I think, If the earth was going to be hit or have a life changing event happening then you would be guaranteed that they plans of those in control would not be in full swing and they'd be waiting till its all over to control the few that is left. This makes me doubt that anything will happen in 2012. Why would they put so much effort and deception into taking away our rights if they knew the majority of us would be wiped out. And trust me if this was the case they would know!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't buy the "they would know" argument, as this sort of thing is dismissed out of hand by the powers-that-be as laughable, and they're too busy with the economy to look up (literally). Did you actually check the JPL orbital data I supplied? I don't know what to think of the web bot predictions, but they would make sense if a collision happened. I think the risk is real, if (hopefully) still a low order of probability. What I'm uneasy about is the unknowns of the interactions between so many moving bodies.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why is it you think that they would not know? Do you really think that these people see no further than the earth itself? Do you think that they dont realise that they are living on a planet at the mercy of space? Trust me if anything the thought of the unkown forces of the universe scuppering their plans would have them twisting in their sleep. With that amount of power, control and money Im sure they have a vast team dedicated to knowing everything that is going on out there which could be a threat to everything they have been working towards. Just my opinion!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I dunno, should I worry or not?

Short answer: No.

Bit longer answer: Even if there were a threat, there's a lot of stuff in this world that should be worrying you. Focus on the things you can change and do what you can to work towards their favorable resolution. Don't waste your time worrying about events that you can't prevent or mitigate.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Lasheic]

top topics

join