It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we really live?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hidden_Hand sounded like a poser to me, but he raised one question that stirred my curiosity. Where do we really live? Is it possible that our perceptions of ourselves and the world around us are a complete illusion? Are we in a prison? Or is it more like we are under quarantine, as Hidden_Hand suggested. Maybe Earth is the toilet of the galaxy and we are like those little bacteria that eat sh_t from the septic field. Below are all the possibilities I can think of. Please comment and/or add any other possibilities you can think of that have not occurred to me. Thanks!

Earth is:

1) a free world
2) a prison (“Hell”)
3) a quarantine
4) a lab experiment
5) an energy farm
6) a God's playpen
7) a galactic rest-stop (toilet)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rumpelstiltskin

you forgot one

Madness:

We are so stupid we dont even know what question we ask.. we ask about asking about it..

have a nice day

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
we live in a prison a prison that i myself call hell. a prison controlled by religion.. we are slaves for our gov't but most dont notice. our gov'ts gives us posions, aging agents, etc... when they want people to die they make it happen thru religions the prisons/jails ony receive christian services(here in the usa) usa is a christian country and thats how they get people into the military they wanted me to join i was told by my brother that is a army recruiter here in va. that sence i am muslim i would be "forced" to eat pigskin if that not some crazy sht i dunno what is. but beleive this world is real i had my own doubts once apon a time... read my profile

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

We have been droped off on planet Earth and we have a challenge given
to our being or self as to what difference or changes our life will contribute
or take away from the total matrix.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I read Hidden Hands post too and that question REALLY stuck in my head too. He also said to learn who and what we are are. I have thought about this for weeks and really have no answer. Sometimes I think we are in some kind of school but that really doesn't feel quite right.

I hope you get some good answers to this question...you sure didn't get one from me.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

You're right, "school" is missing from my list. Probably should be the number 3 possibility, right after prison. Thanks for adding to the list Zippy1958.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

hmmm...a giant mental hospital maybe...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks scepticaluser. Unsavory suggestion, but I guess you're right that “mental hospital” deserves a place on the list. I think the first member to respond, “theresult”, was saying the same thing. Kinda scares me that I didn't think of the possibility myself. Others have suggested “matrix,” which I think is covered under “energy farm.”

List now has nine different possibilities. Note to others: Is that it?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm new to this site but realised long ago that we are part of a greater scheme. It encourages me that so many people are waking up and gives me hope for the future and it empowers me. It was hard at first to grasp the concept of being an external entity from my body but now i understand it. I personally try to look at it as if i'm working my body from somewhere else and not from inside, it works for me and opens up a whole new existence beyond myself as i become aware or space behind me. Am I going Mad??

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samo-123
Am I going Mad??

If it works for you, does it matter?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin-

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
it can be in multiple definition depending on your view of the world and what is reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It can be whatever you want it to be.

In short.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by shamhat]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hidden Hand's posts seemed to indicate that our "true being" actually exists outside the universe, that our physical beings are more like a mathematical/physical manifestation of a more profound reality on the "outside" of the universe. Almost as if we are voluntary residents of a hologram, who participate in a big game, having had temporary amnesia applied so that we have to rediscover the truth of who we are are while we are here.

I got the idea from Hidden Hand's posts that he believes the universe to be an incredibly complex manifestation of geometry. Which actually fits pretty well with what physicist Garret Lisi has discovered.

Hidden Hand indicated that the universe is like a stupendously large geometric computer program. And if we will only realize it and learn how to manipulate it, we can be in control of the programming. There were also indications that he believes the universe is, in fact, a living, self aware being of sorts. In which case we are like cells in its body, a living part of a living whole.

Do I believe this? I don't know. I asked about the "toy" Hidden Hand was supposed to be releasing to the general public but I have received no response. Also I asked for details about actually modifying the program, but after months of sending emails to me detailing the creation of the universe from a single point, he stopped short of revealing the secret; short of connecting all the dots.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

It isn't really about what HiddenHand thinks 'it' is? 'It' is whatever you think 'it' is. Though, if you prefer, you can let someone else tell you. It'll never quite do though. But that is entirely up to you.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For someone to know where they are, they must know where they have been.
Now you know.

You were here just a moment ago reading my first line.
Now you are reading this one.
The universe is not much different.

No matter if your alive right now, there is no difference between the fact that you exist now, 100 trillion years from now, or 100 trillion years ago.
The point is, you were, are and will have been.

It's your choice to be conscious of it or not.

Do you think that you are matter?
Than that is all you will be.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was stating what Hidden Hand said because I found his ideas intriguing. The very idea that I would allow someone else to decide for me what I believe, though, is insulting. It was not my intent to convey that at all.

I am very curious about where "here" is, but as long as we are "here" I don't think we can really fully understand. Once we are out of the fishbowl, we can see it for what it is.

I suspect "here" is a sort of proving ground, or perhaps a very complex game of chess. But it's only a very small part of what "is". Ultimately, I believe space and time are a small phenomenon in a much "bigger" existence (if such terms can even apply outside of space and time).

My basic beliefs are mostly Christian in nature, but I consider myself open-minded and I am willing to accept that we may not really understand God or the nature of existence nearly as well as we think we do.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by OuttaHere]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
My basic beliefs are mostly Christian in nature, but I consider myself open-minded and I am willing to accept that we may not really understand God or the nature of existence nearly as well as we think we do.

I apologise, it was not my intention to insult.

I agree with the poster above you in some respects. As such, I care very little about the whys. I am here, right now. That is all that matters.

But each to his own. And, as it should be.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think the Earth is a round rock with a molten core.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I feel there is a bigger picture out there that we cannot comprehend, one minute you think you have comprehended something, then it gets bigger! I was listening Michio Kaku, he thinks the universe is probably in a bubble in a vast ocean>>>we are just ants, aliens communicate with us? I don’t think so, so yes its a mad house ! and i like living here most of the time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join