It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Manta is the B-2.....?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
yeah i have encountered many pic to supposedly be the b-2 but are really the black manta

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvaderZoch

Originally posted by ShatteredSkiesThe TR-3A Black Manta

According to that designation, it's a reconaissance trainer.

Don't go by the designation. The Miltary ofter Misdeginates it's reconnassance aircraft.

Acording to the same designtion system the fallowing would also be true (Note:none of the fallowing are accurate):

-The CIA's A-12 Blackbird would have been an attack aircraft

-The SR-71 Blackbird would have been primarly an antisubmarine warfare aircraft and reconn plane

-The F-117 would be an air to air fighter

-The U-2 would be a light utility aircraft, and the TR-1 would be a Reconn trainer

-The F-111 would have been a fighter (even the airforce is now listing it as a tactical attack plane)

The point here is many aircrafts are misdesignated by the military for political or secrecy reasons, so don't always go by a designation.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
very true ghost, the designation system is misleading in many instances.

Remember that the "SR"-71 was supposed to be the RS-71, but because of a presidents confusion, it was changed.

IMHO, the Black Manta is not the B-2. It may have a lot of the same tech, flying wing, bla bla bla - but what everyone forgets here is that the B-2 was designed during the cold war, with one mission in mind: to sneak through soviet airspace and drop nuclear weapons on known targets. The B-2 doesn't have the speed that a spy plane would demand, and when the B-2 came to service, the blackbird was already acomplishing the same mission that the black manta would.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What would make sense is that the Tier 3 spyplane could share much the same design airframe as the B2, this is not uncommon as the JSF airframe is basically a scaled down and moded F22 frame, but at the same time the mission profiles are so different that I would doubt that the planes would bear anything but a passing simmilarity to eachother.

I was wondering though if anyone had heard if any Tier 3 tech is being used in the lightly rumored European Crescent heavy bomber project?

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
One should ask a question when talking about the B-2 or any name it might have had in the past ...

Can S-300 radars in Syria spot the B-2 ? What's the chance it does that from a distance of 250Km ?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
One should ask a question when talking about the B-2 or any name it might have had in the past ...

Can S-300 radars in Syria spot the B-2 ? What's the chance it does that from a distance of 250Km ?

A bit random.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

What do you expect when someone hunts for 14 year old threads to bump. I'm just shocked it doesn't blame the EU somehow.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Short answer, only at close range. Long answer, not a chance in hell.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And vampires in Europe don't forget those!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I noticed a few days ago that one of the "leaders" in the news story comments at RT news was named "Flanker". Making similar... "opinion" posts there...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join