It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate my new acquisition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You can't beat Bersa for the price! Not only that the 1911 is a great piece. I would much rather have ahold of that chunk of hardened steel than polymer if my life ever depends on it.

Before you buy a magazine go to a shop and test fit them before you buy. Chip McCormick mags won't hold the slide back in Dan Wesson 1911 for some reason but other brands work fine! Congratulations!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Congrat's, looks very nice. Is it a RIA???

Keep it in the 10 ring.

Roper

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
Before you buy a magazine go to a shop and test fit them before you buy. Chip McCormick mags won't hold the slide back in Dan Wesson 1911 for some reason but other brands work fine! Congratulations!

Thanks for the tip. Right now I'm leaning towards getting some more of the ACT-MAG magazines of the same type that came with the gun. Apparently they are made by Novak and are highly rated. That should remove any compatibility issues plus I found a source that has them for just $17 each.

Originally posted by Roper
Congrat's, looks very nice. Is it a RIA???

Keep it in the 10 ring.

Roper

It's a Firestorm 1911, marketed by Bersa. The gun is made in the Phillipines, while Bersa themselves are based in Argentina. Bersa do make other .45 caliber weapons locally, but this one has just recently hit the market (October 2008 I think).

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Very good looking weapon and I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

While the 1911 platform is solid.. I just don't like them. I have small hands and beavertail safeties are annoying (I have to rotate), and many 1911s employ that feature. Second strike for me is even though they feel good to me regarding the base action, the fullsize 1911s are heavy and impractical for carrying concealed.

Someone mentioned Glocks/Polymer earlier. That's all they are. Lightweight, durable and realiable to fire under any circumstances. People ask me how Glocks shoot, I say "its a glock". Having had them in different calibers I don't like the weight distribution.. I dont like the firing action but it'll take a beating and come out.

My favorite handgun that I currently own is my Sig p220 .45. it's action is comparable to the 1911 but with less moving parts and slightly less weight.

Just because I don't like 1911s doesnt mean I'm saying they aren't good firearms.

In the end the right weapon for you is something you can shoot accurately with comfort as well as knowing you can trust your life on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join