It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple files patent for camera hidden behind display

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Good thing I say. Finally you get video confrences where people actually seem to look in the right area and pay attention to what's being said.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Wow this is just blowing my mind. My questions are:

1. Is it possible to activate a computers camera or microphone from a remote area? but then I'd guess Yes that's quite probable.

2. To what extant, how easy, and in what ways can this technology be applied?

Sorry for fixing your formatting - it's a mission of mine. In answer to your questions.

1. You are, most likely, currently walking around with a microphone and camera on you at all times. Do you not think that these 'could be' manipulated to be used without your knowledge? There's a spook operation known as Project Tempest which supposedly already does this with current technologies.

2. Well an 'eaves-dropping'/'peace keeping' capacity could be nice. Linked into a CCTV system with face recognition software definetly has some goals in our 'safety'/'slavery'. Tying this into inherited debt could be useful to ensure 'appropriate spending'/'class system compliance' - especially through 'opportunity'/'education' restrictions (delete as appropriate) extent could exist pretty easily as in already is but what ways will it be applied? Hmm...probably not much above 4Chan watching Mac geeks masturbate and then posting it for all to see.

So I hope that alleviates some of your concerns.

-m0r

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
worried about a laptop with an indistinguishable camera? then don't buy from apple, they're the ones who have a patent on this. still worried that other laptop manufacturers are putting hidden cameras on their laptops? well, you don't need a laptop to go online and anyone can assemble their own pc. still scared? run for the hills and hide in the caves then. 'coz no matter what happens, you have a choice.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by NatureBoy

Yeah, that's what I never understood about the camera theory. Who's going to be watching all those cameras all day? One can argue that everything is being recorded and stored later for possible future use, but who can organize all that stuff?

maybe this person, when he gets laid off.

<< 1   >>

join