It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I hate it when that happens

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Personaly I'm against the death penalty so I don't think he should get it. Murder is murder wether it's the death penalty or in cold blood. Who made you all god to say it's ok to take someones life in revenge.

I think the guy is clearly insane. Sane people don't cary another persons heart around in thier pocket nor do they pluck thier own eyes out and eat them.

Part of the problem is that the insanity defense is almost impossible to get in the US - someone who is non-violent and non-criminal in every day life could get a diagnosis as insane and spend quite a bit of time in a mental hospital, yet that same person commits a murder and suddenly, legally speaking they are perfectly sane. If this guy was doing nutty stuff BEFORE he was ever caught then that's telling...

However, what really galls me is how this country condemns China and Iran and North Korea (and other repressive countries) for their "dismal human rights record" and yet we have no room at all to talk! If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones. A country that sanctions state sponsored murder of children (people under 18), the insane and the mentally retarded (I think the last one has been repealed in most places, a small sign of progress) and anyone else has no room to condemn any other country for human rights violations. Makes me think of that old Eric Clapton song "Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself!"

BTW, I believe that if you take a life (or do anything that causes someone to die, even if indirectly) you are a murderer - state sanctioned or not. The only exception would be self-defense (defense of others) and defense of one's country against an immediate deadly threat.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

I completely agree with the thought that anyone who kills like that is insane...that is how I see it...and temporary insanity as well...such as extreme sudden anger, a state in which the person for a time not able to use reason or know right from wrong...basically the "animal" instinct takes over...no philosophising (sp?) at that point.

If it is of any help I have been a nurse in 2 psychiatric facilities in locked wards and have worked with the criminally insane. Some know what they are doing and others do not...Some are faking it and trust me some definitely are not. This one sounds totally insane.

We want to kill what causes us nightmares but it isn't always appropriate. But this person if they had been put in a hospital should NEVER get out. I ran into a patient who had slit a co-workers throat from ear to ear...for no apparent reason killed a kind person in their work place who was helping this person with some work related thing.

I was walking in a mall shopping a block from my house when this person called out my name and came up and said hello (the person who I just mentioned that slit the co worker's throat)...Wanna see fear? This person was OUT!!! Permanently OUT!!! I was so afraid they would follow me and see where I lived...though I had always been nice to the patient apparently "nice" was not a criteria for mercy in their delusions. They didn't follow me and I moved away and am fine to this day.

I no longer work in that atmosphere as I often agreed (to myself) with the "paranoid" thoughts patients expressed...most of us on a site like this would be locked up if we made our thoughts known to a psychiatrist. Trust me on that one.

My personal paranoia, (which of course I believe to be true), is that these people are being let out of prison and mental hospitals these days to kill more of the population to augment the poisoning of air, food, water etc. I only figured that out this year...I'm a little slow I guess. Yes, to a psychiatrist I could be locked up for expressing the above thought and here it is a normal thought...what does that say to you. It is a very devious and corrupt system.

As for trusting a psychiatrist...I can tell you having worked in the system NEVER trust psychiatrists. Keeping people locked up, on drugs or in therapy (psychologists)...is their money maker. Plain and simple and believe me I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

The whole world is a mess...I hope I can keep my corner of it happy, tidy and beautiful and have the guts to remain calm and sing "Nearer My God To Thee" or something as this gigantic friggin' Titanic goes down.!!!
Keep the faith!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Can anyone say "demon possession" ? That is what is sounds like to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I kind of came here hoping for video or pics....Meh kinda suprised at the lack of awesome here. On topic however.....Wow.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow, this is a really horrible case, especially what he did to his family. Are we sure this guy wasn't high on some substance/anesthetic such as PCP? It reminds me of another story similar to this one that involves that substance.

Police believe a Bakersfield man bit the eyeball out of his son's face and ate it, according to court documents. The 4-year-old's other eye was damaged beyond repair, reports said. The boy's missing eye could not be located, reports said, and he told a detective, ''Daddy ate my eyes.''

Blind Bakersfield boy: 'Daddy ate my eyes'

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This guy is a sociopath, he will do anything to get over on others. However, this is very bizarre. I can say I heard of an account like this involving a prisoner. Have any of you heard about Chopper Read out of Australia? There was an instance when he was an inmate and he wanted a transfer out of a particular area of the Australian prison system. The prison authorities brushed aside his request, so he had another inmate saw off a portion of his ears in the shower room. Everyone was shocked at what he did and he ultimately received his transfer. No getting around it, these criminals are sick people.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join