It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just don't get the American death penalty system. Why do they let condemned people linger in the prison system for so long? When a person is sentenced to death, the execution should be preformed within a week, not postponed until god-knows-when.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

It's the attorneys and some of the people are not guilty, some sit on the death row 20 years then to be exacuted, and year later find they were indeed not guilty.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I'm not to sure why you think being in an asylum help anything? He killed his own family, and cut out their hearts. Yeah, thats insane, but do you really want someone who is capable of such horrendous acts be drugged up his whole life in a asylum, just because hes insane? He clearly killed his family, sane or insane, so I think he needs the death penalty one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A lot of people in jail are really insane, or have severe mental problems. It's all about how they want to punish someone. Most of the time they go into a jail.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I am not for the death penalty, but that said. There is something preferable in just taking them straight from the court room to a one week of contemplation before a quick death.

Keeping them for years seems odd if they are condemned on solid evidence..

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this story reminded me of kill bill when (forgot her name) had her eye taken out by the master of kung fu. lol

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Guess he wont see it coming.....

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
Dont fall for his games. This man is not insane. In fact, I bet he is more cunning and wise than some if not most.

A man who murders his family, then removes his eyes to try and avoid the electric chair is wise?

I hope your perception of wisdom is not shared by the majority of people in this world, or we don't stand much of chance!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Death is easy, if you really want this guy to suffer they should drop the death penalty.
Then all he could do is sit in his safty suit, straight jacket, for the next 40 years, then he could go over and over in his mind about what he has done, now that is punishment
He who is with out sin cast the first bolt of electricty.
Judge not yet the be judged.
Vengeance is mine say the Lord.

I have a problem with that vegeance thing but working on.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I used to be a psych nurse. We had a patient who was a rapist. One night he came to the nurses station with his hands tightly clenched, with blood dripping from them. We opened his hands and discovered he had ripped out both of his testicles. He said he was "sorry" for the rapes and decided to take care of the problem. He was admitted to a hospital as he was bleeding severly. I believe he was then transferred to a state facility.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56I used to be a psych nurse. We had a patient who was a rapist. One night he came to the nurses station with his hands tightly clenched, with blood dripping from them. We opened his hands and discovered he had ripped out both of his testicles. He said he was "sorry" for the rapes and decided to take care of the problem. He was admitted to a hospital as he was bleeding severly. I believe he was then transferred to a state facility.

Wow...sounds like he really was sorry. He probably fixed his problem.

While the PC media loves to promote the idea that sex crimes are about violence, and have nothing to do with sex drive, in fact when offenders were castrated over 90% did NOT reoffend.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
The problem is Precedence here.

If anyone who commits evil murders like this was able to just pluck an eye out and avoid the death penalty in replacement for a insane home the system would be flawed.

This is an evil sole, that imo, needs to be purged.

Purged.....what a great word to describe this....I agree.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
He was found incompetent to stand trial in 2004 due to schizophrenia but, they went ahead with it anyway due to his confession.

Thomas found Incompetent

During Thursday’s hearing, Thomas sat fidgeting next to his attorneys, and at one point asked them if this was his trial. Both prosecutors and defense attorneys agreed that as of now, Thomas is not competent to stand trial.

In the next week, he'll be transferred to Vernon State Hospital's mental health facility. He will remain there until he is found competent to stand trial.

Thompson's whole proceeding from arrest

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JbT

It's "precedent" not "precedence" you moron, and your logic is completely bogus. Insane people in TX are left on death row because the judicial system is built to ensure that happens. It's the only state to have two superior courts, instead of a supreme court, so that one could be dedicated only to criminal, thereby expediting death penalty cases.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I am willing to bet you don't know many americans. Maybe you should quit staring at the computer screen and go outside for a walk. You obviously are starting to lose your objectivity, besides you can't just sit in your basement and watch star trek your whole life.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I don't want to see him suffer. Revenge is petty, just get rid of him and let's move on. I just want him gone, why even let him be involved in our system? Why let him remain? Why should anyone have to be responsible for keeping him alive for 40 years? Why produce food for him, or clothing, or shelter, why have him at all? Had he been offed for the murders and we called it a day, then he would have never been able to put society, and a few very unlucky people who had to clean up, through the horrors of eating his own eye.....TWICE!!! The fact that we are letting this person exist makes me question who's more insane here? Society, or "old no-eyes" down in Texas.

makes sense to me

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
it is proof hes mentaly ill

to contemplate that is mad

to do it is insane..........literally

even in his head if he thought he could avoid the death penalty by doing it it is still not a sane thing to do

god have mercy on his soul

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Just curious would that count as his last meal before execution? He probably never saw it coming!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You ask "how is it that obviously insane people are simply left on deathrow without treatment for years?"

The answer is simple: It's Texas.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes, that's true. I personally believe it has a lot to do with sex drive, and less about violence. Just my opinion.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by aero56]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join