It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
[edit on 10-1-2009 by Angry Potato]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Wow, your street must be so death metal. Seriously how the hell does that happen?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

That Texas thing was joke I think law is real. The real fact of the matter is I should have learned how to say I don't I won't and I can't. It's too late now all I can do is live with my mistakes. She's my strife and I'm her hasbeen.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

This is good area, in the bad ones they go in and kill everyone in house. Plus I have no windows 3/16 steel plate around whole house, will stop 357mag hollow point I don't know about armor piercing or 44 mag, don't think so.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Personaly I'm against the death penalty so I don't think he should get it. Murder is murder wether it's the death penalty or in cold blood. Who made you all god to say it's ok to take someones life in revenge.

I think the guy is clearly insane. Sane people don't cary another persons heart around in thier pocket nor do they pluck thier own eyes out and eat them.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I'm against the death penalty also, they kill to many innocent people.
But if they were to kill this guy they would be doing him a favor.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon

Originally posted by andy1033
Typical American, violence is in all your souls. One can be never sure if thats the way to treat those people,a s there are as many murderers walking around on the outside, getting away with whatever they do, all there lifes.

How is he any different than a government official who wants to destroy a families life, by say putting a kid into care. No real difference, just that most murderers are walking free.

He will pay for his crimes, but most people will not, especially female murderers.

Typical American? That's an asinine assumption. We're not all hell bent on violence. Some of us would just simply love it if everyone could learn to get along. Some of us are fed up with the dog eat dog mentality of humanity. And I'm not just speaking for Americans as an American, I'm speaking for human beings as a human being.

Agreeing with Oreyeon here.

That was an uncalled for comment. There are heinous crimes committed against people every day all over the world. Like another poster commented about the crime in Canada just recently, where the guy killed another passenger on a Greyhound bus. He had only been in Canada, what, four years? Does that make all Canadians evil and violent? I think not, no more than this case makes all Americans 'violent'.

This guy is demented, and I hate to say it, but people like this that commit such atrocious crimes, should be put out of their misery. They are just a financial drain on society.

Being a Canadian, where we have no death penalty, sometimes I wish we did still have it here. People like this guy, really have no place in society, and why bother keeping them alive..? Just like the guy on the bus. There was no doubt who committed the crime, now us taxpayers have to pay to keep this guy alive, living quite comfortably for the rest of his life.

Talk about justice.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Personaly I'm against the death penalty so I don't think he should get it. Murder is murder wether it's the death penalty or in cold blood. Who made you all god to say it's ok to take someones life in revenge.

I think the guy is clearly insane. Sane people don't cary another persons heart around in thier pocket nor do they pluck thier own eyes out and eat them.

so what do you suppose should be done? He can't be released, and for the safety of humanity he should be restrained at some level don't you think?
There are insane people who harm but do not intend it, and then there is insane people who harm and do intend it...It might be wrong to kill this man, but for the society's sake something has to be done. Legally killing people is the one sure way you know they won't do harm again, until there are other ways more sufficient, to an unfortunate degree, killing this man is an option that is known to work.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JbT

what makes you so far away from this individual.
you are no better and no worse...

I would love both of you just the same

you hate others but the truth is that you hate that you see a part of yourself in the despicable humanbeings you villify. That is why you hate them so...

the truth sometimes hurts, but we are here to deny ignorance

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

As it is from the bible. 'A eye for a eye'. I hoped that the other members saw that joke. Wait...I quess that the inmate isn't part of the team, because there is not 'I' in team.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

he cut his own eyes out and ate them, if that doesn't scream "off me!" then I don't know what does.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I don't care if this POS is sane, or insane, or good, or evil, anything else....because who really cares about that anyways...
The fact of the matter is that this type of human being is useless and should be offed. Why even discuss their good or evilness, or whether they are insane or not...just off their useless asses. In case you couldn't tell I vote for offin' the mutha....

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well I'm not so sure I can blame him. I don't know how many times I've gotten up in the morning and thought, "Gee, I should brutally murder my family today and then when I'm done I should go for a walk with their hearts. Maybe I could swing by the florist and... Oh... Hey... Wow, my eyeballs look tasty this morning. Can't go slaughtering my loved ones on an empty stomach, now can I?"

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
as has been pointed out repeadtedly IF tyhis person is not actualy clinically insane , he has a clear choice :

accept his punishment , and face the death penalty OR convince the authorities that he is insane and face lifetime istitutionisation

as as also been noted - there are few bona fida mental helth professionals on ATS - but every one still has an opinion

also - we are not privvy to his full case history - only 2 ` dramatic incidents ` plus the facts of his conviction - he MAY have staged escalating " incidents " to ` demonstrate ` his insanity - which would be obvious to a trained clinician studying the case - and thus ignored

but you have to love ATS - we never let ignorance of the full facts stop us leaping to conclusions

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by bigvig316

he cut his own eyes out and ate them, if that doesn't scream "off me!" then I don't know what does.

It's literally worse than something Stephen King would write, isn't it? I mean, if the guy is trying to avoid the death sentence, wouldn't it be more prudent to cut off a finger or toe and eat that? I don't think he's really put much thought into how to get by after he gets off...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Intothepitwego

I do not believe i made a claim to being an expert. I did work in the field for 5 years, as my small community has one of the largest mental health hospitals in Texas in it. But i made no claim to being an expert.

"Insane" is very subjective. However, without a clinical diagnosis of some sort of abnormality, I do not believe that "insane" can be labelled. And said diagnosis would be indicated as described in the DSM.

Did you wake up this morning and decide that you were going to nitpick instead of adding anything to the thread about the topic?

[edit on 10-1-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why just kill this guy? He really isn"t much of a threat now that he can't see. We can do so much with this fella:

1. He can look for mines in Asia
  2. We can harvest his organs.
  3. We can send him to the moon or Mars to see if he can breath.
  4. We can test artificial eyes.
  5. Try out new vaccines on him.
  6. Give him a reality show.
  7. Do ballistics test on him.
  8. We can mess with his DNA.
  9. Use him as shark bait.
  10. Give him a butter knife and let him star in his own pay-per-view event.
  11. We can forgive him and hopes he excepts Jesus into his life.
  12. Or, we could let the family of those killed stomp his guts out.

I for one think he would make great fertilizer.

[edit on

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

That was awesome...and very creative! I like the pay-per-view butter knife idea the best.

This thread has some of the funniest replies, I have not laughed so much in weeks.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JbT

posted on 1/10/09 at 13:17

reply to post by JbT

Are you serious lol

'ALL' they would have to do is pluck out both of their own eyes with their bare hands and eat them to be considered insane enough to avoid death.

I think to me its a pretty fair definition of insane, I certainly do not think we need worry about setting a precedent.

I get the feeling that not many psychos will go that route so they get to live out their remaining years as the blind guy in the most dangerous prison wing.

I would prefer to just get a really good lawyer and lie my ass off!

Actually it makes for a funny scenario in court:

"Mr John Doe you are found guilty of the crime of murder and shall be taken forth from this place to be held until such a time as you will be put to death by lethal injection...."

"...ah wait a moment. There is one way... that I might just be moved to reduce your sentence to life in a maximum security prison. Mr John Doe if you should now scoop out both of your eyes using only your bare hands, chew them to the satisfaction of this jury and swallow them. We will allow you to live out your days as the blind guy in the most dangerous place a blind man could possibly hope to live."

"Well John, what'll it be??"

[edit on 10-1-2009 by BruceF]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"An eye-for-an-eye makes the world blind."
-Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join