It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think anyone who has the idea of plucking out their own eye and especially eating it is no doubt crazy. This guy has to be crazy, even if he is I think he is beyond help and should not be allowed to avoid the chair.

There is no hope for him, he is worthless and will never be normal, and did kill innocent children.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I agree with you. There really isn't any excuse for wasting money feeding this sicko. Good grief!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You should see monsters they are building in like Marion, some of these guys have been in lock down for over twenty years, when they get out all they will want to do is kill something and get back at society. And they will get out, some with no parole just done, time done.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Typical american, violence is in all your souls..

That's probably one of the most mis-guided and delusional statements I've read since I've been browsing these threads. Most of us "typical" Americans don't fit that description, not even close. There are hateful, violent people in every city on this planet.

As for the OP, did anyone ask him if it tasted like chicken?

Ok, that was bad, I couldn't resist.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Typical american, violence is in all your souls. One can be never sure if thats the way to treat those people,a s there are as many murderers walking around on the outside, getting away with whatever they do, all there lifes.

How is he any different than a government official who wants to destroy a families life, by say putting a kid into care. No real difference, just that most murderers are walking free.

He will pay for his crimes, but most people will not, especially female murderers.

Typical American? That's an asinine assumption. We're not all hell bent on violence. Some of us would just simply love it if everyone could learn to get along. Some of us are fed up with the dog eat dog mentality of humanity. And I'm not just speaking for Americans as an American, I'm speaking for human beings as a human being.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sounds like he would have fit in just fine a 500 hundred years ago in the lovely civilized world of the Aztecs!

[edit on 9-1-2009 by bubbabuddha]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It looks to me as though he plucked the first eye ball out in hopes that a jury would find him mentally incompetant to stand trial for his crimes, but was suprised when they decided to indict and prosecute him anyway.

I guess you could say he didn't see it coming

*rimshot*

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would dare say this is beyond insane, but demonic like the Wendigo inspired slaughter that took place on a bus in Canada last year.

According to the native tribes in Canada those afflicted by evil like the Wendigo cannot be exercised. The only thing that can be done is to remove them from among the living.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yea I've got a joke in the year 2095, there wiil be no more crime in world because, the Robots will have put all the humans in prison. You know like the last true Christian died on the cross. Anyhow just about everyone has done something wrong to lesser and greater degrees, the good one don't get caught like to politicians and cops, then there able to further there career with few problems.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
www.heralddemocrat.com...

Mentally ill, of course...insane, well, depends on how the law is written. He was able to appreciate his crimes & even expressed remorse for them (showing he can distinguish between right & wrong), hence the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I wonder if he salted it before he ate it.

Sorry, just had to.

This guy is just looking for another day in court.

Problem is that he is in the wrong state. This is Texas, not California.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think that anyone who murders another in cold blood is insane. Doesn't mean we shouldn't put them out of their misery. When a dog viciously attacks someone, he is usually put down. Murderers are in the same league, actually lower.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The guy could have been low on B compex vitamins, lack of will cause brain not to work right. He was most likely on drugs to begin with. Drugs will make crazy and lowers B complex vitamins in body, brain, half of these crazy people could be fixed with mega dose B complex.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

I agree the guy is definitely insane. Rather or not insane by legal standards is another question. I believe in order to get the innocent by means of insanity thing it just comes down to if the guy knew what he was doing was wrong and had consequences which I'm sure he did. Death Penalty is too much mercy for this guy.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I beat a case on insanity it is very hard to do almost impossible, but what happened to me was a person put '___' in what I drinking with out my knowledge. I beat the case,
I didn't but if I had of killed a hundred people I could not of been held responsible, but the guy that spike my drink could of, but he was most likely CIA and would have never been found.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I suggest he eat his huevos as well.

This is one sick dude.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
Come one people. your falling for this evil persons games. Hes just trying to prolong his life, his celebrity, his self fulfilled destiny, for as long as he can. He does not want this to end just yet, even if he is blind. He knows, that when he is dead, so is this story, and his legacy.

Dont fall for his games. This man is not insane. In fact, I bet he is more cunning and wise than some if not most.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by JbT]

Mind if I ask your credentials and exactly in what capacity you have examined this man?

You have a sound theory but you really are assumnig an awful lot. Why again would a sane man walk around for weeks with evidence of murder in their pockets? Why would that sane man then go to the police to tell them what he did if he was so smart and cunning as to pull out his eye before court as you claim? Does that really seem all that cunning? Walking around with proof of the crime and telling police you did it? Are you a doctor of some kind? Have you studied this man any farther than reading this thread?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntothepitwegoYou have a sound theory but you really are assumnig an awful lot. Why again would a sane man walk around for weeks with evidence of murder in their pockets? Why would that sane man then go to the police to tell them what he did if he was so smart and cunning as to pull out his eye before court as you claim? Does that really seem all that cunning? Walking around with proof of the crime and telling police you did it? Are you a doctor of some kind? Have you studied this man any farther than reading this thread?

Yeah, I agree with you completely. Besides, even if he WERE so cunning as to do this intentionally for an insanity plea, why do BOTH eyes? He could have done something a little less dehabilitating. Most people do like having the ability to see afterall.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Agreed.....he could have just done the old peanut butter in his underpants routine if he wanted to get a psych rap.

Pretending to eat doody in a packed court room doesnt seem quite so severe compared to gouging out and eating your own eyeball.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

there should be a more stream line process once someone is sentence to death to the time it is carried out. Though that would cut down on the time that someone would have to prove their innocence. You never know if some piece of evidence were to turn up that would exonerate them just mere minutes after they had died. On the other hand there have been people here in Ohio that have been on death row for over 30 years. We need to come to happy medium. In the case of the inmate. he obviously need sever psychological help.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join