It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 million dollar Ransom Parachuted to Pirates!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I wondered what had happened about that hi-jacked ship. The 3 million dollar ranson was dropped by parachute to the pirates aboard the hi-jacked vessel. So, is this where it ends? Surely this doesn't look good, but did they have another option?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 9-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I like the comments on that page...
Weeeeeeeeeeee, more "eye for an eye" policy is just good for this world.

Hopeless idiots.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I hope the pirates save their money. Their lives will change very soon.

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A new international naval force under American command will soon begin patrols to confront escalating attacks by Somali pirates after more than 100 ships came under siege in the past year, the U.S. Navy said Thursday.

There currently are more than a dozen warships in the vast expanse off the coast of Somalia, from naval giants such as the U.S., Britain and Russia, emerging powers such as China and India and regional forces such as Iran.

The announcement on the new mission — issued by the U.S. 5th Fleet in Bahrain — said more than 20 nations are expected to take part and it will be headed by U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Terence McKnight.

This excercise should get interesting. Not just for the pirates.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 9-1-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Instructions to hijackers:

"Paint a nice big white "X" in a remote area and gather all your fellow pirates together for a big party when we drop the gift on you.

It should be a real blast."

Seriously, paying these vermin will only encourage more of the same. Makes the world safer for one crew, and more dangerous for every other mariner.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It seems five of the pirates drowned on the way back to shore, along with the three survivors losing their share of the ransom money.

It's all about Karma, baby!!!

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Man that was cruel. Thats like an American soldier having the Iraqi kid run after a water bottle before he even get a drop of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
It seems five of the pirates drowned on the way back to shore, along with the three survivors losing their share of the ransom money.

It's all about Karma, baby!!!

news.yahoo.com...

Sounds like justice to me. My faith in the universe has been restored, if only a little.

top topics

join