It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is George W. Bush the Worst President in U.S. History?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Lincoln For creating Presidential executive Orders and keeping us in a perpetual state under martial law. (Do your own homework folks because its a true statement) Wilson for furthering the NWO agenda with the establishment of the FED. AND BUSH For initiating the completion of the NWO agenda (A world with 3 billion less) ala 911 and the current money laundering Ala the bailouts .

The rich get rich and the poor get poorer and the evil fry either in this world or the next.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
[size=20]Yes.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Don't get me wrong I do not like Bush and anything that he does, but he is certainly not the worst President Ever. Ulysses S. Grant and Warren Harding were god-awful presidents. Bush is good with foriegn policy and affairs, but in the domestic area he's hands down a failure

Bush is probably the most creative, creating the Patriotic Acts and other acts that can take away our liberties and rights. Bush was just a puppet for the NWO.

[edit by TheMythLives]

[edit on -06002009-01-10T13:23:28-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 10 Jan 2009 13:23:28 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Why does everyone forget Andrew Jackson? Ask a Native American..if you can find one.

Definitely the worst president in US history - by a far margin.

Bush is probably second, in terms of fraud and corruption and just sheer stupidity.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Yikes, you're not really saying that Bush was good in foreign affairs, are you? I guess everyone has different perceptions of an effective foreign policy, but I personally don't think that pre-emptive regime change/war/torture thing worked out so well...

Anyway, in the overall God-awful U.S. presidential rankings, Ulysses Grant, Warren Harding and Andrew Jackson are all up there, but according to recent polls, Americans have found a new contender:

Historical Rankings of United States Presidents

Rasmussen Reports poll

A Rasmussen Reports poll taken June 13–24 of 2007 asked 1,000 randomly selected adults to rate America's presidents. Six presidents were rated favorably by at least 80% of respondents. They were George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy. Twenty presidents were viewed favorably by at least 50% of respondents.

Only two presidents were viewed unfavorably by at least 50% of respondents. They were Richard Nixon and George W. Bush. [12]

Unfavorably-viewed Presidents
George W. Bush (66% unfavorable)
Richard Nixon (60% unfavorable)

Recent president polls

These polls evaluate Presidents from Dwight D. Eisenhower and later succession.

A Quinnipiac University poll, taken May 23–30, 2006, asked 1,534 registered American voters to pick the worst U.S. President of the last 61 years.[14]

"Which of these eleven presidents we have had since World War II would you consider the worst president – Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George Bush Senior, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush?"

George W. Bush (34%)
Richard Nixon (17%)
Bill Clinton (16%)
Jimmy Carter (13%)
Don't Know/No Answer (5%)
Lyndon Johnson (4%)
George H. W. Bush (3%)
Ronald Reagan (3%)
Gerald Ford (2%)
Harry Truman (1%)
John Kennedy (1%)
Dwight Eisenhower (

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I would have to say Bushy is one of the top three worst in history.

But the worst has to go to Woodrow Wilson, because he is the only that started it all with the Federal Reserve. Bush is just a puppet that finishes the job.

Woody sold us out first.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
if he was so bad then why did you all vote him back into a second term of presidency? are american people really that stupid to vote for someone they hate so much?
not only that bush had a harsh presidency. if u were the president and you found out that someone just flew a couple of planes into some buildings im sure you wouldnt know what to do at first hand either. and the main reason for this "anti bush" is because of 3 groups. doped up hippies. dumb college students who follow there idiotic lectures who have never seen the world outside that university and the media. the same three groups that resulted in lossing the vietnam war. im not saying bush was a great president and im not saying we should all worship him, all im trying to say is cut the man some slack he did what he had to do.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
George W. Bush is the best president who's served in my memory. I have to give some credit to Truman and to Reagan, but Bush is the first president in my memory to prosecute a full, all-out war and he has done so successfully.

I fear that Bush's success will become starkly apparent in the very near future.

At first, the chronic whiners will blame Bush, but eventually, those accusations will become tired and useless and the truth will be known by all but the most intellectually inflexible and the morbidly obtuse.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthAUS i was in iraq and i saw the difference first hand we were making. call me what you like but we did the right thing

If you're like every other Iraq war vet I've known, they can't even talk about some of the "differences" they've seen. Right thing? Tell that to the friends and relatives of the million+ Iraqi civilians who've become "collateral damage." Tell it to the 2 million civilians who've been displaced or had their homes destroyed. Tell it to an entire country that's had every door kicked in, every person searched and threatened if they're lucky, or shot and raped if they're not. Tell it to a country that's the cradle of civilization, but now has constant shortages of clean water, electricity and gas, not to mention being contaminated with millions of pounds of depleted uranium for the next 10,000 years.

If you're really doing the "right thing", why won't the people even look at you?

Was it originally something about WMDs? Liberation? Democracy?

Or has it become killing a bunch of ungrateful Hajis while trying to survive?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Just go to google and type in "worst failure ever" and hit the "Im feeling lucky" button.

The page that comes up says it all.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthAUS

I understand you're Australian, which in my mind makes it even worse that other countries are going along with America's insanity. And that's exactly what it is -- total insanity. Many of us (as in U.S.) who've lived through Vietnam knew exactly what would happen six years ago, despite Rumsfeld's bold-faced lies about "cakewalks", being greeted as "liberators" and the war paying for itself (which is currently at what, $3 TRILLION?) Despite endless administration lies about WMDs, the "evil-doer" Saddam Hussein and 9/11, 9/11, 9/11 (inside job) or the invincible global bogeyman al-CIAduh, neither had anything to do with Iraq. Despite Bush's ridiculous "Mission Accomplished" aircraft carrier photo ops and his "war on terror" and "stay the course" BS, Iraq is just another Vietnam. And yes Rummy, it DID become a "quagmire." Retired USMC Major General Smedley Butler, who was awarded two Congressional Medals of Honor, figured it out during WW I.

Mate, I'm sorry if I've offended you because I really like Aussies and I have nothing but respect for soldiers who've been put in this horrible, unwinnable situation. But to be honest, I feel a lot a worse for the innocent Iraqi civilians who are slaughtered because some Blackwater thugs are having a bad day or the entire families who are murdered because they happen to live near an IED or the millions of civilians with friends and relatives who've become "collateral damage", or whose homes have been destroyed because a "smart bomb" wasn't so smart. BTW, "Gulf War Syndrome" isn't imaginary or PTSD -- it's multiple symptoms caused by chromosomal damage from inhaling minute amounts of depleted uranium dust. Watch the Discovery Channel video. You should trust what the American government says about DU as much as you should trust them about 9/11 or the war in Iraq.

I'm truly saddened by what BushCo and his evil neocon puppetmasters have done to this once great country.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthAUS
if he was so bad then why did you all vote him back into a second term of presidency? are american people really that stupid to vote for someone they hate so much?

Two answers: a huge number of right-wing Christian conservatives and significant evidence of Diebold "black box" voting machine fraud during the 2000 and 2004 elections.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthAUS

Less than half the country voted for him..remember?

And yeah, Americans are kinda dumb (in terms of average IQ compared to the rest of the world), but if you want to get technical, AUSTRALIANS HAVE THE LOWEST AVERAGE IQ ON THE PLANET, and that's a fact.

Pot, meet Kettle.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
well actually australia comes in to equal to France and the USA at number 18 for the highest IQ. dont know where u heard that from mate but people who think aussie's are dumb have no idea what so ever about our people or our country. we are far more successful then you think. what you will find you mean is that indigenous or natives (we call them aborigines) are the dumbest race of people in the world.
and apology excepted sorry for over reacting

mediacentre.ninemsn.com.au...

average australian IQ^

en.wikipedia.org...

difference in indigenous populations IQ^

en.wikipedia.org...

world leading board for IQ scores ^

[edit on 12/1/09 by stealthAUS]

[edit on 12/1/09 by stealthAUS]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'd be embarrassed to criticise the guy. he didn't get elected to office by a process of osmosis.

If he's the dumbest President ever, what does that make those who voted for him...

And if you didn't vote for him ... well if you did vote against him then bravo, but if you didn't even bother to take part in that election, then pause and look at the mirror.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think its a tie between Millard Fillmore and Franklin Pierce. These two guys make all the other Presidents look like Ashoka the Great by comparison.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
By far Bush isz the WORST President ever in the history!

He has taken the U.S. down to our knees, he has caused the destruction of our incomes and retirements.

He lied to get us into war and he and Cheney alone have over one million people's blood on their hands!

He is the foulest most disgusting person to ever lead the U.S., he has caused our demise!

Besides being an idiot who can not complete a sentence.

Oh, but lets not forget how "moral" he is:

Torture of prisoners,
holding of people - without cause or saying why
illegally wiretapping all of our phones
Giving away all of our money to the oil companies and banks

The list goes on and on.

I have been ashamed to be from the U.S. when I have traveled abroad, for the first time in my life. I used to be a proud American, but I am not anymore because of him!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There has been serious discussion on this matter for several years now.

Here's a related article from 2006 which appeals to a scholarly survey conducted way back in '04!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join